Hi, me and my girlfriend are going to attempt Sideloading to get some android apps and games etc...what I want to know is, where do I get the apps and games from? is it purely from Google play or any other specific site? We want a mixture of paid and free apps and games.....thanx

Sent from my Z10
    01-02-14 08:39 AM
    Hi, me and my girlfriend are going to attempt Sideloading to get some android apps and games etc...what I want to know is, where do I get the apps and games from? is it purely from Google play or any other specific site? We want a mixture of paid and free apps and games.....thanx

Sent from my Z10
    You can't download apps directly through the Google Play Store. You'd need to load an app called Snap which is native to the Blackberry to get apps off the Google Play Store. I don't know if that allows you to download paid apps, I have not tried yet. But I'd assume you'd first buy them from the Google Play Store then the option to download would be available through Snap. Not sure if you can buy apps directly from Snap.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...-2-1-a-874153/

All this is assuming you're using one of the 10.2.1 leaks.

If not then you'll have to either look for .Bar files or convert the app yourself and side load it... Easiest way to sideload apps is via the Chrome Browser. Sideload Android apps to your BlackBerry 10 device using Google Chrome | CrackBerry.com
    01-02-14 08:47 AM
    No im not using any leaks, i don't really want to be messing with my phone that much with stuff I don't really understand....so do I not need snap now then?

Sent from my Z10
    01-02-14 08:50 AM
    No im not using any leaks, i don't really want to be messing with my phone that much with stuff I don't really understand....so do I not need snap now then?

Sent from my Z10
    Nope.

There are two things you need :

A) apk to bar converter.
    You will convert apk files to bar files

B) google chrome browser and extension for sideloading (I think it is called PlayBook something)

If you install leak (extremely simple) or wait until official 10.2.1.xxx is released, then you will need just a chrome browser for single side loading of snap.

In general, there are few articles on crackberry on the sideloading matter, and the best read is there

Posted from Z10 with 10.2.1.1259 leak. Pwnage aparatus!
    01-02-14 08:59 AM
    If not using 10.2.1.1055 or newer, then snap is of no use to you.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 09:00 AM

Sent from my Z10
    Unfortunately the only way to directly install APK files is with 10.2.1. On older versions, the APK will have to be converted to a BAR file first (or you can find apps that have already been repackaged) then sideloaded via one of various methods (ie. Chrome extension, vnBB10 etc) while your phone is in Development Mode.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    01-02-14 09:01 AM
    Ok thanx for ur help guys

Sent from my Z10
    01-02-14 09:03 AM
    Wasn't the Android 4.2.2 runtime introduced with the 10.2.1 leaks?
    01-02-14 09:10 AM
    Wasn't the Android 4.2.2 runtime introduced with the 10.2.1 leaks?
    It came with the 10.2 release. But there was no direct APK installation in that version of the OS.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    01-02-14 09:37 AM