Does the sideloaded Netflix app work pretty good? I've been meaning to try it, but I hear reports about how it can be 'laggy' in spots. I converted and tried to sideload the HBO GO app and it turned out to not work.
    oh its got a little lag at times, and the picture quality, while it looks very good on the Z10 screen, its not as good as my Panasonic Home Theatre for picture quality on the big screen. i dunno if thats the phone (I doubt it) or the NetFlix app. but the app works without studdering in the playback that i could detect at all. that aspect of it seems fine to me, the quality looks more like 480i to me than HD however on the big screen. But for Louis C.K thats fine.
    05-05-13 06:23 AM
    Looked at 1Channel. Supposedly free, but requires you to enter credit card info for "location validation". I'll pass.

Posted via CB10
    What? lol bro, obviously you didn't look at the right website. I'm very tempted to do a video just to show how pointless Netflix(and Hulu Plus, etc) is on a phone like the z10.
    05-05-13 06:24 AM
    Wait so you can sideload over wifi?

Posted via CB10
    yes, just give DDPB your Z10s IP address on your WiFi. Works excellent. And turn on Dev mode of course yada yada yada
    05-05-13 06:24 AM
    What? lol bro, obviously you didn't look at the right website. I'm very tempted to do a video just to show how pointless Netflix(and Hulu Plus, etc) is on a phone like the z10.
    I guess a link to the correct Web site would be enough.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 07:31 AM
    Why not just get netflix for your home?

A ps3 has it.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    05-05-13 09:18 AM
    I for one play Netflix in the living room on my PS3, but have nothing hooked up in the bedroom. So plugging a mobile device into the TV is a great option for me. I see the great advantage of this, I'm not sure why so many can't. :banghead:
    Last edited by axllebeer; 05-05-13 at 09:35 AM.
    05-05-13 09:23 AM
    Why not just get netflix for your home?

A ps3 has it.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    Some families have multiple TVs in different rooms, but not multiple game systems, or the like. And there aren't a ton of smart TVs out there yet.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 09:23 AM
    Looked at 1Channel. Supposedly free, but requires you to enter credit card info for "location validation". I'll pass.

Posted via CB10
    1channel.ch
    It's free. No sign up required. Just lots of pop ups and tricks to getting the stream Going.

2 thumbs up on this!

Posted Via CB10 Z10
    05-05-13 09:27 AM
    Btw 1channel is not always guaranteed as Netflix is. But I think Netflix is a waste of money.

I have about 4 websites is stream tv and movies. All great quality and sound.

Posted Via CB10 Z10
    05-05-13 09:29 AM
    Well done sir!

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 09:34 AM
    I feel you bro!

Watching Hannibal just now in my Z10 using the HDMI

Z10 rocks!

sideloaded NetFlix and never got out of bed-img_00000571.jpg

Posted via CB10
    05-05-13 11:33 AM
    for crying out loud, just use 1channel or the many sites that have all movies/tv shows.
    Netflix has whole seasons of MILLIONS of tv shows, movies and documentaries. IN HD. Sorry, just in case you didn't get that the first time IN HD. Plus, what you're essentially condoning is piracy, and I think content providers deserve to be paid for their shows. To each their own however. Netflix is a legal way to enjoy a ton of content at a fair price. But then again I wouldn't expect someone like you to understand of course
    Bdot-1 likes this.
    05-05-13 02:41 PM
    Netflix has whole seasons of MILLIONS of tv shows, movies and documentaries. IN HD. Sorry, just in case you didn't get that the first time IN HD. Plus, what you're essentially condoning is piracy, and I think content providers deserve to be paid for their shows. To each their own however. Netflix is a legal way to enjoy a ton of content at a fair price. But then again I wouldn't expect someone like you to understand of course
    someone like me? what's that supposed to mean? anyways... I understand Netflix has tons of great content(not all of it is in HD, don't kid yourself) but 1channel and the various websites alike also have content in HD or high quality, sometimes better than what Netflix offers. Also Netflix doesn't have the episodes that have just aired, now does it? Exactly, How do I know this? Because as I clearly suggested, I have a Netflix account myself and do use it once every blue moon on my ps3. I simply think it's a bit of a waste of money. Can you get that through your head?
    05-05-13 03:43 PM
    Oh for sure, NEVER going to get Netflix after reading this! No way will staying in bed all day watching dull 20 year old programs and movies happen at my house!

Posted using the Diva's Z
    lgfaver likes this.
    05-05-13 03:52 PM
    someone like me? what's that supposed to mean? anyways... I understand Netflix has tons of great content(not all of it is in HD, don't kid yourself) but 1channel and the various websites alike also have content in HD or high quality, sometimes better than what Netflix offers. Also Netflix doesn't have the episodes that have just aired, now does it? Exactly, How do I know this? Because as I clearly suggested, I have a Netflix account myself and do use it once every blue moon on my ps3. I simply think it's a bit of a waste of money. Can you get that through your head?
    Someone who condones piracy is all I meant. LOL RIGHT so these streaming files have almost bluray quality streaming? Pray do tell what sites? Netflix looks close to bluray on my laptop, iphone and ps3. I have streamed these sites on my playbook and just LOLed. Ya right, HD my ****! I respectfully disagree with your assertions.
    05-05-13 03:59 PM
    Oh for sure, NEVER going to get Netflix after reading this! No way will staying in bed all day watching dull 20 year old programs and movies happen at my house!

Posted using the Diva's Z
    20 years old? Is that sarcasm? They have most of the popular shows on the american neflix, which I watch from Canada by the way. Latest movies too.. hmm.
    05-05-13 04:01 PM
    that's pretty cool but personally I just don't get what all the netflix fuss is about... First of all I do have Netflix installed on my ps3 which is obviously hooked up to a big flat screen. However, if I wanted to watch something on my phone there are far better alternatives than netflix. We have a browser with flash in our phones people!! that means, we can pretty much watch anything we want on our phones and for free. That means I can watch Game of Thrones minutes after it has aired and commercial-free, I can even watch live broadcasts of sporting events, basically anything you can think of. Netflix is pretty useless in comparison. Just my opinion though.
    I gotta agree with you. I tried suggesting my boss to watch something online on her Ipad...from 1channel....her ipad couldn't stream a single thing low and behold my Lil z10 streamed avengers for 3 hours no issues...it needed a charge but that's it!...I have yet to see another phone stream off of putlocker ...

Posted via CB10
    lgfaver likes this.
    05-05-13 04:03 PM
    I gotta agree with you. I tried suggesting my boss to watch something online on her Ipad...from 1channel....her ipad couldn't stream a single thing low and behold my Lil z10 streamed avengers for 3 hours no issues...it needed a charge but that's it!...I have yet to see another phone stream off of putlocker ...

Posted via CB10
    Don't forget the PlayBook. PlayBook streams just as good and I use my Z10 as a remote so I never actually get to control the PB

Posted Via CB10 Z10
    axllebeer likes this.
    05-05-13 07:11 PM
    Don't forget the PlayBook. PlayBook streams just as good and I use my Z10 as a remote so I never actually get to control the PB

Posted Via CB10 Z10
    Better believe it does. For those of us that don't have the Z10 the PlayBook is still great when it comes to things like this.
    05-05-13 07:30 PM
    exactly. I don't pirate anything but I'm not a sucker either. By the same token I don't consider myself an angel, just saying....
    In any case, even though the links on 1channel are not all HD or HD quality, a fair amount of them are in 720p, just just have to know what you're looking for. Even on Netflix, some of the shows are in 4:3 format so there you go. Try getting episodes of current shows like Happy Endings or Cougar Town, I'm talking current seasons, you just can't. These are shows that air on broadcast networks, not cable, so they're free. I just choose to watch them hours later because it fits my schedule better and they're commercial free.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion and can purchase what they like, be it Hulu, Netflix, etc... I was just suggesting an alternative that is way better as far as content and price.
    05-05-13 07:44 PM
    I have to agree. I don't see why any BlackBerry users are trying to show love for Netflix when they haven't shown us any love at all. If I'm going to waste money to stream it definitely won't be Netflix.

Posted Via CB10 Z10
    05-05-13 07:54 PM
    I have to agree. I don't see why any BlackBerry users are trying to show love for Netflix when they haven't shown us any love at all. If I'm going to waste money to stream it definitely won't be Netflix.

Posted Via CB10 Z10
    Amazon Prime perhaps then?
    05-05-13 08:01 PM
    20 years old? Is that sarcasm? They have most of the popular shows on the american neflix, which I watch from Canada by the way. Latest movies too.. hmm.
    I don't need that drivel in MY bedroom....k..thanx.
    05-05-13 08:01 PM
    Just bought a brand new 25 foot hdmi cord off ebay for 12 bucks. Really wasn't expecting great quality. Man, I was wrong. I ran it around the living room to the TV chair. Looks amazing on the big screen. Opens a whole new world. Love the z10 more and more each day.

Posted via CB10
    axllebeer likes this.
    05-06-13 12:21 AM
    exactly. I don't pirate anything but I'm not a sucker either. By the same token I don't consider myself an angel, just saying....
    In any case, even though the links on 1channel are not all HD or HD quality, a fair amount of them are in 720p, just just have to know what you're looking for. Even on Netflix, some of the shows are in 4:3 format so there you go. Try getting episodes of current shows like Happy Endings or Cougar Town, I'm talking current seasons, you just can't. These are shows that air on broadcast networks, not cable, so they're free. I just choose to watch them hours later because it fits my schedule better and they're commercial free.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion and can purchase what they like, be it Hulu, Netflix, etc... I was just suggesting an alternative that is way better as far as content and price.
    Not talkin down on you cause I do the same, but please don't justify piracy by saying it airs free on standard tv.

Broadcast tv shows are free because advertising (commercials) pays for them.

It's like apps on mobile, you have some which are free. Some which are paid and some which are supported by ads.

I used to do this all the time on the PlayBook but it got to the point where it was too frustrating. May try again on the z10

Posted via CB10
    05-06-13 10:26 AM
55 123