Can someone BBM and explain how I sideload apps? I read some directions but was still unclear so I am hoping that maybe by phone or video chat I can better understand. My BBM is Dareal850
    04-08-13 05:28 PM
    Youtube it!

Posted via CB10
    curvezzz likes this.
    04-08-13 05:30 PM
    There's a nice article about that here. Mac
    And here for PC
    04-08-13 05:31 PM
    I tried following that 3-4 times and I still was lost... LOL
    04-08-13 05:32 PM
    I tried following that 3-4 times and I still was lost... LOL
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...3-bars-689706/ (really good)

BlackBerry 10 Bars (really good)

http://forums.crackberry.com/android...ng-os2-661898/

List Of Working BlackBerry 10 BAR Files

If you have an APK file and want to test it out and convert it to bar file PlayBook .apk to .bar converter (most of the time it doesn't work but if you find out that does post it everywhere)

Load Android Apps on Playbook and BB10 - Blackberry Playbook and BB10 Android Apps | Android APPS - BB10 Apps & Playbook Apps - this puts bar files on your phone

Blackberry Playbook and BB10 Android Apps | Android APPS - BB10 Apps & Playbook Apps - Personally my favourite site. On the bottom right of the page before the forums there is a next button of like 10 pages **Netflix is there there since people are whining about it**

List of Working BlackBerry PlayBook BAR Files BlackBerryEmpire.com / List Of Working BlackBerry 10 BAR Files | BlackBerry Empire

BlackBerry PlayBook 67 Apps & Games 745MB [GR420] (download torrent) - TPB (65 files including angry birds)

Over 200 .bar Files for the PlayBook! | Zamkato

List Of Working PlayBook BAR Files

BAR files | NerdBerry.net

BlackBerryOS.com - Working Instagram BAR File For BlackBerry 10 Leaked - everyone is whining about istagram here it is, just don't sign out or you won't be able to sign back in

AndroidBars.net, your neighbourhood BAR

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...d-bars-670760/

Copy and Paste this on every thread asking for bar files for me please!!!
    stevepar likes this.
    04-08-13 05:55 PM
    Load Android Apps on Playbook and BB10 - Blackberry Playbook and BB10 Android Apps | Android APPS - BB10 Apps & Playbook Apps

1.Download that program
    2. Go to search on your blackberry and type "development mode", enable it
    3. It'll ask you to set a password on your phone
    4. connect the phone
    5. press the "add" icon, add all the .bar files you have (they must be .bar files not .apk files) There is an apk to bar converter above but 90% of the time it doesn't work.
    6. check the box you want to put on your phone or delete
    7. Install
    04-08-13 06:01 PM
    I am not really tech savy. Sorry everyone but if there is someone who doesn't mind walking me thru this via phone or chat that would be perfect.
    04-08-13 10:08 PM
    Tally, I ain't tech savy either and worked for me. Give it a go netflix is great hehe if not hopefully someone with more knowledge then me helps you out

Posted via CB10
    04-08-13 10:12 PM
    Tried again today and still failed. I give up....
    04-09-13 11:22 PM
    I just got my Z10 last night so I havent had a chance to sideload any apps. I dont mean to hijack this thread but how hasn't google gone after blackberry for "sideloading" apps? Isn't there a disclaimer on android apps that would say to not load on other devices? Just seems like a legal issue brewing to me.

Sorry if this has been discussed before! I've been out of the blackberry world for almost 2-3 years.
    04-11-13 08:07 AM
    Darel:

Download DDPB and install it on your computer [Windows]
    Google and find apps ending on a BAR file [ .bar],save them on a folder,[For later upload through DDPB]
    On your phone TURN ON developers mode"
    Connect your phone to your computer
    Open DDPB, with phone already connected press "scan"
    --- it will find your phone IP address kinda thing ---
    Put phone password and press "connect"
    Once connected [DDPB and the phone]
    Press "Add" on DDPB and add your saved .bar files
    Press "Install" on DDPB and your .bar files will install

Hopefully some if not all will work

Good luck

Are you turning on "developer mode" on your device before before trying to link it with DDPB
    04-27-13 05:25 AM
    1 Side load a your own risk
    2 Not all side loaded apps work as well as you may expect
    3 Read the links from previous posters above - good sources of BAR files and help
    4 Create a folder to store all your BAR files to
    5 Download and install DDPB. You can get it from here DDPB – PlayBook Tool read the users guide
    6 On your Z10 go to settings/security and privacy/development mode. Turn on and give it a password. this also the password you will use for DDPB. Also not the Development IP address, which is also used by DDPB
    7 Plug your Z10 via USB to PC
    8 Start DDPB
    9 At the top of DDPB you have three option - Add, Delete and refresh- select Add and navigate to the folder on your PC where you have downloaded your BAR file to, and select
    10 On the left hand side of DDPB it will say Playbook, ignore the fact it says this and select scan. DDPB will scan for your Z10 IP adress. A box should pop up with a list of address's. Select the one which matches your Z10
    11 Enter the password you created for your Z10 when you enabled Development Mode
    12 then select conect
    13 When connected check the Bar file check box for the BAR file you want to install. This is in Application Name of DDPB
    14 At the bottom of DDPB click Install. A box should appear informing you that it is installing.
    15 if you dont want your device password protected then go back to security settings and disable password. Development Mode enables a password on your device

Some use their Chrome browser to install BAR files, I prefer DDPB. Each to their own
    Last edited by BigwhiteUK; 04-27-13 at 06:35 AM.
    04-27-13 06:03 AM
    Is it possible to also sideload native Blackberry apps? Having a private discussion with a Android developer and he was wondering and I do not know the answer.
    04-27-13 06:30 AM
    My opinion is not to do it.. Unless you are a real techie... It sounds like more trouble than its worth. If you need those android apps that badly... stick with google..... I know the BB app store is weak... It is a work in progress.. I am just trying to stick to BB full time....Just my 2 cents
    04-27-13 06:35 AM
    My computer us running WP8. I downloaded DDPB and Java. Keep getting a BSOD only when DDPB is running. Anyone else have this issue or know a work around?

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    04-27-13 06:45 AM
    Use XP here, no experience with Win8.
    04-27-13 06:50 AM
    There's a nice article about that here. Mac
    And here for PC
    Thanks a lot!
    It worked fine!!!
    Much obliged.

Posted via my beloved Zeeeeeeee
    04-27-13 06:55 AM
    My computer us running WP8. I downloaded DDPB and Java. Keep getting a BSOD only when DDPB is running. Anyone else have this issue or know a work around?

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    Win8 pro here .
    All worked like a charm sideloading Skype.

Posted via my beloved Zeeeeeeee
    04-27-13 06:56 AM
    Side loading is easy.. i have 50+ sideloads on my Z10 and most run perfect.

I'm even running the new 10.1.0.1485 too
    04-27-13 06:59 AM