So there is this show that everyone is hooked on Thursday nights on ABC. They are in their 3rd season, and everyone on the show used BlackBerry phones. That was until last night... Windows phones took over. BlackBerry should have taken full advantage of the show to showcase how amazing BlackBerry phones (Legacy and BB10) are. But again another failed marketing opportunity for BlackBerry; at least that's what I feel.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 07:51 AM
    The lead character used a Windows phone at least all of last season. Just sayin'.
    10-18-13 07:56 AM
    Last night was the first time it was clear that Windows phones were on full display. The lead character used a BlackBerry phone until end of last season. But, we all know most government settings used mostly blackberry. I feel that it was a missed opportunity

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 08:10 AM
    Microsoft has been sponsoring a lot of things lately. NFL stadiums have Microsoft Surface wording up everywhere and you can see it in many shots of the players on the sidelines and they are sponsoring halftime shows and pregame shows. BlackBerry has always sucked at advertising and nothing has changed under the new regime. If Frank Boulben is being held back then whoever is holding him back should be fired. If what we are seeing is what Frank wanted then he should be fired.

Posted via CB10
    hvnfunbb likes this.
    10-18-13 08:54 AM
    Microsoft has been sponsoring a lot of things lately. NFL stadiums have Microsoft Surface wording up everywhere and you can see it in many shots of the players on the sidelines and they are sponsoring halftime shows and pregame shows. BlackBerry has always sucked at advertising and nothing has changed under the new regime. If Frank Boulben is being held back then whoever is holding him back should be fired. If what we are seeing is what Frank wanted then he should be fired.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you fully.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 09:17 AM
    They use to use blackberry on the show House of Lies. Then a new season and I see Nokia. I'm like who uses that when you're a major consultant.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 12:28 PM
    I would seriously doubt you will see any increase in advertising like this from BlackBerry. It has to be super expensive.
    They don't have the bankroll to compete on that stage and really it's not helping much anyways. BlackBerry future is in qnx and the Internet of things, automobile. They need to set out in that direction to carve a new path, while staying strong in enterprise and find a cost balance with handsets.

Posted via CB10
    10-18-13 12:41 PM
    In the last or second last show, Rowan is taking a call on the Z10
    01-14-14 01:53 PM
    I just watched all three seasons over the past couple of weeks. Can't wait until the rest of season 3 starts back up. Since I watched all of the episodes so close together it was very noticeable when they switched over to the windows phones and made blatant ads out of them during the show.

Yes, Rowan can bee seen in season 3 talking on a z10. The one scene they show an incoming call with the old incoming call pull down screen. Cyrus always used a BlackBerry 9930, since season 3 he is using a q10. They de badge or cover up the logos with stickers.

Posted via CB10
    01-14-14 02:21 PM
    Ping back the topic!

Abby switched to using a Classic in Season 5, episodes 16 and 18, a logical upgrade from Q10 Cyrus was using as WH's chief of staff

SE is for premium, unless you're that other fruit user
    04-10-16 05:24 PM
    Frank Boulben still with BlackBerry?

From my Tower of Power Q5
    04-11-16 04:31 AM
    It pains me to see the Toronto Blue Jays being sponsored by Samsung now instead of BlackBerry.

From my Tower of Power Q5
    04-11-16 04:34 AM