I see the Mod changed the title. Thanks

Guys I've apologized in post number three for my info not being 100%. Why some have this problem and some don't, I have no clue. I have tried all the above, except install a leak, and non have worked. I did read on one of the forums that not all the Z10's have the same chip in. Maybe that is the problem. But that is just a guess. I will wait till the next update on the 28th and see if that works.
    01-22-14 12:10 PM
    Not trying to downplay the OP's issue, but I have owned an STL 100-1 since July. I upgraded to 10.1 through my carrier, then loaded the 10.2.1.1055 and 10.2.1.1925 leaks and I have never experienced this battery issue. So this cannot be a problem entirely attributable to all STL 100-1 models.
    01-22-14 12:13 PM
    Drain the battery completely, then charge it to full
    This will force a calibration
    This will fix your problem. It's not limited to STL100-1
    Hell, it's not even limited to BB phones. It's something that is on all phones. Everytime you charge a battery, it loses a tiny bit of battery life. You need to let the phone calibrate this
    01-22-14 01:38 PM
    Hi there!

Hungary (Europe) Most Z10 battery calibration forums are full of flaws! A lot of people are writing that the phone does not charge up to 100% and shuts off at 20-15-10%. It's ridiculous! The phone's carrier, Telecom says: they can't t do anything with it, however lot of people bought the STL100-1 type.

Why BlackBerry doesn't listen up? Why they do nothing? why?

STL100-1 10.2.1.1925
    Last edited by california ave; 01-22-14 at 02:10 PM.
    01-22-14 01:58 PM
    I have stl 100-1 and i have no battery issue phone turns off at 1% charges to 100%.

Posted on my Z10 Via CB10
    01-22-14 02:13 PM
    Perhaps one single official update should not be applicable to all hardwares?
    To my knowledge, STL100-1 is the only variant packs with TiOMAP SOC. While the others are Qualcomm?
    phoneaddict78 likes this.
    01-22-14 02:20 PM
    Perhaps one single official update should not be applicable to all hardwares?
    To my knowledge, STL100-1 is the only variant packs with TiOMAP SOC. While the others are Qualcomm?
    So whats the point? Stl 100-1 has its own software and the others being stl 100-2,3,4 have a common sofrware.

Posted on my Z10 Via CB10
    01-22-14 02:24 PM
    Before I recalibrated battery, my battery levels was inaccurate but one charge lifetime was good.
    01-22-14 02:40 PM
    Is it too late to call the op a screaming drama queen?

Posted via CB10
    homer1475 and jpvj like this.
    01-22-14 02:45 PM
    Mine is STL100-1 and I have been use it for almost 2 months, also had similar problem, battery only last for 3-4 hours. Then I decided to install leak OS to 10.2.1.1925, 'cause some people say this OS has more stable in managing power and it has battery life indicator too. After I installed the indicator shows that my battery could last for 3 days and never goes below 60% then suddenly it shut down. I was looking to forum and searched about Z10 STL 100-1 battery problem and found the answer. I need to re-calibrate my Z10 using this methode:

1. use your phone until the battery completely empty
    2. remove your battery, sim card and memory card for 30 minutes
    3. charge your phone without battery, sim and memory card
    4. wait until your led turn red and blackberry appears to your screen
    5. put your sim, memory and your battery back to your phone
    6. charge your phone until 100%

Now my Z10 can last for 10 hours on medium usage (emails, browsing and chatting).
    Re bolded #3, charge phone without the battery? How did you pull that off?
    01-22-14 03:37 PM
    Thank goodness the OP didn't post "lack of leaked OS's for the STL100-1"

Posted via CB10
    eldricho likes this.
    01-22-14 03:43 PM
    Ive had my STL100-1 since launch day, and I have never experienced the 100% charge issue. Thats even with the original OS (buggy as hell). I did have 20% issue once, but that was it. This is either a software issue by itself, or a possible problem with the battery itself.
    01-22-14 05:22 PM
    Re bolded #3, charge phone without the battery? How did you pull that off?
    Lol think he just means plugging it in without the battery, simcard and medoa card :P

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 06:53 PM
    Let's not make hasty judgments about the OP. Not unless you are 100% sure you are aware of the facts.

A huge percentage of STL100-1's do have this battery charging/calibration issue. You can check the 3-4 threads on CB or google for blackberry support forums and other places. IT IS A REAL PROBLEM.

AND no amount of "remove battery for 1 hour / 8 hours, charge without battery, remove battery while charging etc etc stuff really works".
    Neither is this an issue with the charger or OS version etc.

The symptoms are quite random so everyone has their own superstitious fix which worked for them at some point of time.
    If such stuff has fixed it for you permanently then probably you didn't have this problem at all but rather had a one off battery misbehavior.
    If you have an STL100-1 and Battery ID 227/226 then sooner or later this problem crops up and then fixes itself in a day/week/month before reappearing again at some random time (for me it gets fixed for 2-3 months sometimes)

I have tried everything and have purchased 2 new batteries. Currently, my superstitious fix is charging from my Laptop - which I can swear always charges it to 100% while 2 BB official charger and 3 other charger (Nexus 7, iphone 4s & Chinese one) all stop charging it at some level of 80-90%.

STL100-1's also have a problem of their Speaker stopping to work sometimes. (No ring, so you miss calls. But you can talk etc since earpiece still works fine). You have to press hard just below the battery where the speaker grill is located (after removing the back cover) to fix this issue. This obviously re appears after few months.

It is very easy to think that some random sequence of actions has fixed some problem for you. I currently believe that when ever i use my previous battery the speaker stops working. It happened to me twice so I believe its almost conclusive proof.

The only reason I am sticking with STL100-1 is that no one seems to want to buy mine even at a low price. Otherwise, I would have bought a Z30 or another Z10 but Non STL100-1 long time back.

So yes, a recall may be justified if BB can actually check what % of people are having hardware issues with STL100-1.
    01-22-14 10:59 PM
    Is it too late to call the op a screaming drama queen?

Posted via CB10
    Here's a thought, maybe I wanted it to sound dramatic. Duh! Only the squeaky hinges get oil.

Your sarcasm is well noted. Well done. You the man.
    decoy7 and Sergiu1337 like this.
    01-23-14 01:35 AM
    Let's not make hasty judgments about the OP. Not unless you are 100% sure you are aware of the facts.

A huge percentage of STL100-1's do have this battery charging/calibration issue. You can check the 3-4 threads on CB or google for blackberry support forums and other places. IT IS A REAL PROBLEM.

AND no amount of "remove battery for 1 hour / 8 hours, charge without battery, remove battery while charging etc etc stuff really works".
    Neither is this an issue with the charger or OS version etc.

The symptoms are quite random so everyone has their own superstitious fix which worked for them at some point of time.
    If such stuff has fixed it for you permanently then probably you didn't have this problem at all but rather had a one off battery misbehavior.
    If you have an STL100-1 and Battery ID 227/226 then sooner or later this problem crops up and then fixes itself in a day/week/month before reappearing again at some random time (for me it gets fixed for 2-3 months sometimes)

I have tried everything and have purchased 2 new batteries. Currently, my superstitious fix is charging from my Laptop - which I can swear always charges it to 100% while 2 BB official charger and 3 other charger (Nexus 7, iphone 4s & Chinese one) all stop charging it at some level of 80-90%.

STL100-1's also have a problem of their Speaker stopping to work sometimes. (No ring, so you miss calls. But you can talk etc since earpiece still works fine). You have to press hard just below the battery where the speaker grill is located (after removing the back cover) to fix this issue. This obviously re appears after few months.

It is very easy to think that some random sequence of actions has fixed some problem for you. I currently believe that when ever i use my previous battery the speaker stops working. It happened to me twice so I believe its almost conclusive proof.

The only reason I am sticking with STL100-1 is that no one seems to want to buy mine even at a low price. Otherwise, I would have bought a Z30 or another Z10 but Non STL100-1 long time back.

So yes, a recall may be justified if BB can actually check what % of people are having hardware issues with STL100-1.

Posted via awesome Z10! Connect at pin:24C83E54 follow @ anubhavnagpal and subscribe to my channel C0001C740
    01-23-14 01:48 AM
    This is not user error that will not charge to 100% and turn off the phone up to 20%
    do not voodoo solution must !!!

Hungarian Blackberry (stl100-1) forum is full of such battery failures!
    01-23-14 01:52 AM
    I agree with OP on this. I bought Z10 STL100-1 on December 6th 2013 and it used to charge till 98 or 99 %. It used to shut off when the battery went below 7 or 8%.

Then, after few weeks , I decided to install leak .1925 and then.. Woow.. My battery used to charge to 100% but then my device used to reboot on its own once in 2 days , so I decided to roll back to my official OS - 10.2.0.424 S/W release. When it rolled back, the battery problem started re-occurring and this time it showed full charge when the phone was sitting at 82%. Then I googled couple of forums which advised me to suck the battery completely, take the battery out for few hours and then charge. I took the battery out for approx 7 hrs and started charging. This time it charged till 90%

So, it's not a hardware problem for sure, but software bug which BB should acknowledge and address this ASAP. No wonder why BB failed but still I have a soft corner for them(I gave up my beautiful iPhone 5 for Z10 but do not expect these kinda issues)
    01-23-14 01:57 AM
    Also, forgot to mention, last night when my phone displayed 0% battery, it was still alive for approx 30 mins. So, its calibration issue for sure and not hardware

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 02:07 AM
    I had the STL100-1 and it would auto shut off at 20%. I have switched to the Q10 and so far all is well.
    01-23-14 02:08 AM
    Me and my friend got this problem with STL100-1 too.
    When we switched to STL100-2 in july, we never had this problem anymore
    01-23-14 03:12 AM
    The title I have used here might sound a bit drastic, but trust it is what it is. This phone model is being sold as we speak with a design and manufacture flaw that affects the STL100-1 model only. The sad and disappointing part is that BlackBerry knows about this and remains silent on this matter and keeps on selling the phone. This is just wrong, on so many levels.

The problem I speak of here is the BATTERY CHARGING CALIBRATION problem. The symptom/problem will be a phone that does not charge all the way to 100% and or a phone that shuts down without warning at any percent. Mine does it at around 30%. There is no solution to this problem. I have researched it. There are temporary solutions. You can plug and unplug the charging pin adaptor a few times for the not charging to 100% problem or remove the battery for a hour or more for the shutting down without warning problem. I usually remove the battery over night. But it will be temporary. In a day or two the problem will be back. Its a constant cycle. It is highly frustrating and annoying.

For those who don't think this is a problem with the phone. Do a search on the www and all the forums including this one and see what you get. We even have a petition running on this forum.
    I have tried to phone BB to get some sort of solution but all I get is the person at the other end of the line telling me, this phone number is not for public use.
    I do not want to take my new pristine condition Z10, which has passed the 7 day return policy, to the retail store and have it sent away for however long to receive a refurbished phone in return. I paid top dollar for my Z10 $750 and expect this phone to be swopped out immediately at the retail store from where I bought it. But we all know without some sort of directive from BB this will not happen. If a solution can be found without returning the phone, that would be a bonus. My phone has official 10.2.0.424 on and I have never loaded a leak.

Kevin I would appreciate your assistance here or anybody for that matter who can get a direct line to BB and get some sort of solution here and advise the way forward, please.

Should there be Factory Recall for Z10 STL100-1?-img_20140123_152036.png

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 03:51 AM
    i was facing this problem but now i am 100 % free of it.
    01-23-14 04:15 AM
    When I used the STL100-1 previously, did not really have such issues with shutting down at x %, in fact most of the time the phone drained comfortably down to 0 - 3% before eventually shutting off.

This is across all the official releases and also all the different leaks that I have loaded up (loaded almost every version that came out). However, sometimes there is the inconsistency with the OS and different people getting different results. About the battery not reaching 100% it has happened on several occassions, monitoring via battery guru (that will change with 10.2.1 because we can see the percentage now).

My read on this is as long your phone battery stretches to a reasonable amount of hours, and meets your daily usage, chances are it is just the OS not reflecting properly when in actual fact no hardware issue. I think that would be the most important thing, nevertheless OP doesn't mean that it should not be talked about. Most of my friends still on the STL100-1 haven't had major problems apart from now LTE has been introduced in Malaysia, and they don't have it.

Here's a thought, maybe I wanted it to sound dramatic. Duh! Only the squeaky hinges get oil.

Your sarcasm is well noted. Well done. You the man.
    That reply is a great one.
    chopachain likes this.
    01-23-14 04:20 AM
    Yep, its certainly a OS bug not a hardware.. hope it gets fixed with next official release

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 07:42 AM
59 123