The performance of my z10 has dropped quite a bit, I'm on the latest OS and it didn't help as much as I'd have thought. The apps take some quite time to launch and the browser's performance has dropped a bit. The music player also gives an error saying something has went wrong and gives me an option to close the app. So I'm just wondering should I perform a security wipe, will that help me? Only thing that's stopping me from doing it, is going through the whole backup and restore process which I find really time consuming. Any help is appreciated!

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 11:43 PM
    How's your storage use on the device itself? Because if it's bottlenecking, that will cause decrease in performance to any kind of device.
    02-06-14 03:19 AM
    The performance of my z10 has dropped quite a bit, I'm on the latest OS and it didn't help as much as I'd have thought. The apps take some quite time to launch and the browser's performance has dropped a bit. The music player also gives an error saying something has went wrong and gives me an option to close the app. So I'm just wondering should I perform a security wipe, will that help me? Only thing that's stopping me from doing it, is going through the whole backup and restore process which I find really time consuming. Any help is appreciated!

Posted via CB10
    Check the Memory usage, you can pick up a Memory card and shift the videos/pics/music to the external memory.. this helped me improve my Z10's performance to a great deal ..
    02-06-14 05:56 AM
    I would definitely recommend a security wipe. Providing you have all your media on an SD card, and your use something like SMS Backup to backup your SMS (surprisingly), you shouldn't lose much data/time. I have consistently found my Z10 to be less than brilliant after software updates, and a security wipe fixes it. I suspect this may be to do with legacy settings/app configuration being migrated to the newer OS.
    02-06-14 06:46 AM