Hey fellas,
    im guessing this question is done and dusted by now, but consider me naive

Z10 is 27,000/- in a Vodafone store and 20,000/- on ebay.in
    Z30 is 39,999/- on flipkart

so a big difference in price and not so sure if i like the z30 form factor, but seemingly a better phone from the z10. lot of improvements.

I'm inclined towards the white z10. please provide a stern suggestion!
    had 9700 (best phone i ever used) now using 9800 (without choice, i dont like it much)
    Thanks guys! Cheers, Saran

**UPDATE**
    i decided and got the Z30. I must add, it's an Awesome choice.
    Last edited by imaginesaran; 03-17-14 at 02:15 AM.
    11-17-13 01:19 AM
    What do you need from a phone? I just finished writing a really long post for another person about whether they should move to BB10 so am going to decline answering this one.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 01:22 AM
    i want BB10. no doubt about that.
    i want an up-to-date, fast and useful phone.
    wanna be able to reply efficiently to my mails and communicate quickly on instantMessengers (whatsapp is a big drag on 9800)
    and play games occasionally.
    I can compromise on the features a li'l
    11-17-13 01:29 AM
    Z 10!!!

Posted via CB10
    imaginesaran likes this.
    11-17-13 01:36 AM
    Using a Z10 from 6+ months on Airtel in India. Greatest phone ever used. Will buy the Z30 when I get bored with Z10 which seems unlikely for another 6 months

Posted via CB10
    imaginesaran likes this.
    11-17-13 01:46 AM
    Used the z10 since February and had the z30 for 2 days now. WOW. Worth every penny!!!!

Battery is hUGE, Screen is bigger which makes typing better, and my favorite thing is the 3 speakers. Very loud and sounds amazing!!!!!!

Believe it or not moving from the lcd to amoled scared me but after my first hour I'm loving amoled. Z30 does not look dull like the Samsung phones. It's beautiful color and looks great with gorilla glass. Many complaints about it being 720p but honestly you can't notice any difference from the naked eye.

Z30 and Load 10.2.1. Amaazing!!!

Posted via CB10
    imaginesaran likes this.
    11-17-13 01:57 AM
    Gid damn that Z30 looks so good, takes BlackBerry 10 to another level, but I'll upgrade when my contract ends, for now it's Z10 all the way, so my friend if u can afford the Z30 go for it but the z10 is absolutely awesome

Posted via CB10
    imaginesaran likes this.
    11-17-13 02:21 AM
    I like z30 but at that price difference z10 better deal i think. Dont think z30 is twice the phone of z10.

Say what you will, I still love my z10!
    imaginesaran likes this.
    11-17-13 05:28 AM
    Dont think z30 is twice the phone of z10.
    Same point... I don't think that Z30 is 2X better than Z10 to justify its premium price... I believe that Z10 is the perfect size for mobile computing... make it lighter, more powerful CPU and GPU and a monstrous battery capacity, it would be the best BlackBerry devices... it just me anyway...

If budget is not an issue, better to get Z30... it is future-proof compare with Z10... otherwise, settle with Z10... the experience is the same... if not, almost...

Posted via Z10
    imaginesaran likes this.
    11-17-13 06:29 AM
    I changed to Z30 from Z10 around two weeks before. At the moment keeping both handsets and both are running OS 10.2.1.1055. Radio FM listening on z30 is added advantage and sound is so clear and true stereo effect, can't get on z10. It's worth to go for it.

Prithvi, Z30 pin:2B631BE4 by CB10
    imaginesaran likes this.
    11-17-13 07:06 AM
    Imaginrsaran

Keep moving. If you buy a Z10 your moving backwards. I'm not saying the z10 isn't good but if you bought it you would regret not getting the z30 after.

It's worth every penny and the people who say it's not worth just have no idea. Newer is always better and has more. You get what you pay for

Posted via CB10
    imaginesaran likes this.
    11-17-13 06:19 PM
    Z30

Posted via CB10
    imaginesaran likes this.
    11-17-13 06:20 PM
    well, after much contemplation and a bargain stunt with the local dealer, (which didn't turn out well)
    i bought the Z30 after a price drop on Flipkart, for Rs.37,699

First thought... Fantastic!

After 30 minutes of hands-on experience, hmmm....
    this, unfortunately is not a one-hand phone! I had to use both of 'em hands.

Just before buying this phone, i bought the Google Nexus 5 for my Dad
    and used it for a week.
    frankly, i was expecting the Z30 to be better than this Nexus. To my surprise, it was not!
    Hardware wise, TBH, i didn't expect the Z30 to be as good as the Nexus5.
    But even the call volume doesn't seem to be loud. But it is enough i guess.
    On the nexus 5, it was so loud and clear that the next person could hear it.
    Ofcourse i didn't want that, and don't get me wrong here, the call quality is good and clear,
    only not as loud! Probably because, i was using the Nexus5 just before.

Then, the Flow and Fluidity of the new BB 10 OS. Well, i love the Flow! Unmatchable.
    But it is not that Fluid. I mean, there is a stop/start motion between movements. for e.g.:
    The flow of contacts, when you push it up very slowly, it staggers. (i don't like this)
    When 'Peeking', the apps page moves to fixed locations. It doesn't move with the finger,
    like how the Lock screen fades out to open with the finger. (i love the way it does that)

Then, there is the apps issue. I updated it to 10.2.1 before i begun using the phone,
    and the Blackberry App World wasn't what i had expected it to be on BB10. It is not very appealing.
    And the apps, i just don't know, they are mixed, with some having the 'Built for BB' logo and the others without.
    It ain't a No-brainer! You will have to go to online communities and figure out what App works best for you!

Maps... the built-in Maps don't support my Country. I was like WTF!
    But i remember Blackberry, having a tie-up with MapMyIndia during the initial launch
    and when i tried to download it, it said "Your Device has Expired" or something like that!
    Can't find Google Maps either! I pay 40 grand for a phone and no Maps to navigate?!
    This is more than a bit-of-a-letdown)

There are these other 'Small Things' like,
    Data Usage tracking/reports (i can't find it anywhere on my phone)
    Quick Settings aren't actually independent. It goes into the settings.
    What I'm saying is the Wifi symbol on the Quick-Setting pull-down,
    takes you the Wifi Setting page where you then have to turn it off/on
    Why not right there!?!

Oh, i almost forgot... there are no Cases for the Z30. not Online, not in-store... nowhere!

So I'm there sitting with my phone looking up into the ceiling and
    wondering why it didn't match my expectations, it strikes me that
    it is because i was using the awesome Nexus 5, which is hellovalot cheaper.

But then i remembered, within that fist week of my experience with the Nexus5,
    after making a call the Call-in-Progress screen was not to appear anywhere though i could hear the call,
    there was no way i could End it or using the Dial-pad while on that call! Had to restart the phone.

So i take solace in the fact that such major glitches will never occur in my Z30... get up on my feet,
    keep my fingers crossed and get on with my life stressing in my head on the fact that the positives
    of this phone is what i bought it for!

P.S: Thanks to all the Members who commented and helped me make my decision. One that was long overdue.
    Last edited by imaginesaran; 02-25-14 at 06:28 AM.
    02-25-14 12:50 AM
    On quick settings if you want to just switch on WiFi you tap the Icon in the left. Same goes with brightness and other stuff in quick settings.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    imaginesaran likes this.
    02-25-14 01:02 AM
    thank you for that. Though I'm a seasoned BlackBerry user, i think there's lot to learn when it comes to BB10!
    02-25-14 06:47 AM
    Don't write off Z30 so soon...
    For covers and cases, check junglee.com
    For navigation, Check out Mireo DON'T PANIC Try and Buy in BlackBerry World! (it uses mapmyindia for navigation within India) You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/21869897
    For data usage, use Check out Data Usage Counter for BlackBerry 10 in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/28015159

Posted via CB10
    imaginesaran likes this.
    02-25-14 10:41 AM
    You have enough funds get z30, if not then go for z10, price has dropped so much. You ll not regret fr buying bb10

Via The Monster Z30
    02-25-14 11:05 AM
    i already bought the Z30.

But yeah, the price drop on the Z10 is crazy!

It is now a meagre Rs. 17900/- ($299 approx)
    considering it started off at 43.5 grand, a year ago...
    *(wondering how BlackBerry messed up the pricing so bad in India)
    03-03-14 12:41 AM
    I like z30 but at that price difference z10 better deal i think.
    This

Visit GTR Lifestyle @ C001247FA
    03-03-14 10:51 PM
    i already bought the Z30.

But yeah, the price drop on the Z10 is crazy!

It is now a meagre Rs. 17900/- ($299 approx)
    considering it started off at 43.5 grand, a year ago...
    *(wondering how BlackBerry messed up the pricing so bad in India)
    Congratulations

03-03-14 10:52 PM
    Hi All,
    It looks like a good discussion. Well I am from India and i never used blackberry and always actually hated there phone being overpriced and didn't like there bulky look may be due to qwerty
    But when Z10 was launched, i really liked it but it was way out of my budget being very costly. But now its price is dropped to RS 17990/-.
    I am currently using Google nexus one for last 3 years and need to change my phone.
    Two reasons why i am looking to buy Z10 :
    1. It really looks a great phone in looks and BB as people say is a reliable brand and
    2. Now BB is down and out, people saying its dead and i am type of person who would never consider buying BB when everyone was purchasing it but now Z10 really seems a very good buy with such a price well in my budget as well and i will not see it in many hands

But Z30 is also there with a price of around Rs 37000/- like RS 20000/- more costly. But it seems to be a bigger phone to me and will need both hand but has a better battery than Z10.
    So, please suggest is this a good time now to buy Z10. Z30 is too costly BTW for my budget. So either its Z10 or i will wait for some other good phone

and Yes "imaginesaran": Congrats for your Z30
    imaginesaran likes this.
    03-12-14 09:59 AM
    If you can afford it Z30

If not Z10 is a good deal

LieHonestly likes this.
    03-12-14 11:18 AM
    I would go with the z30 if you can afford to do it.

Posted via CB10
    LieHonestly likes this.
    03-12-14 12:44 PM
    I think you can go for the Z10.

I know people claim that maps is an issue, but just do a google search for the google maps apk version 6.14.4
    In India they are selling the STL001 which doesnt work with the latest google maps, but with the 6.14.4 it works just fine except for settings which you cannot access because it crashes the phone for some reason.

Battery life is absolutely find with this phone, it gets the same or more than other smart phones.

One handed gestures are a superb.

But there is a large learning curve. Like the OP said, even i didnt figure out that that the quick settings for wi-fi is actually two buttons. If you press the symbol it works like a true quick setting, but if you press the words, it goes into the detailed menu.
    Once you learn this, its very convenient, but you have to learn it first.
    imaginesaran and LieHonestly like this.
    03-13-14 02:53 AM
    Thanks for finding out time to helping me. Z30 is anyways out of equation because of its screen size and price.
    I have decided to buy Z10. Currently its out of stock(In New Delhi - India) after price cut ...will buy as soon as next lot comes in.
    Thanks again people
    imaginesaran and Deanig_12 like this.
    03-13-14 12:58 PM
26 12