What do you guys think.I know a lot of STL100-2/3/4 will be angry if this happens but on the other side STL100-1 owners gets no lightning fast internet services(4G) and white balance feature(Only available to STL100-2/3/4 ) and other features that STL100-1 harware dont support.The point is taking All Z10 models to there maximum limit so users can enjoy there device hardware capacity to fullest(STL100-1 supports FM and miracast).So what do you guys think
    Last edited by dikku11; 02-05-14 at 01:41 PM.
    02-05-14 01:15 PM
    I'm with you stl100-1 need miracast and FM radio let 234 have white balance

Posted via CB10
    anand_ma likes this.
    02-05-14 01:20 PM
    I have a STL100-2 and althogh I would love FM radio and Miracast myself I am not going to begrudge STL100-1 owners having these features. Get the most out of your phone, if it has the capability use it I say.
    yvpan1 likes this.
    02-05-14 01:22 PM
    I say let them have it. Who cares if people get upset. The majority are already upset; like me.....with no Z30 from T-Mobile....n stuff.
    02-05-14 01:25 PM
    It's a brand continuity thing. The BlackBerry brand is so tarnished at the moment, they really can't afford to damage it more.
    02-05-14 05:04 PM
    They can go ahead and do it for my part. I don't see why we can't get what our hardware supports :P
    The other users that have the different models might get mad indeed, but yeah

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 05:29 PM
    What do you guys think.I know a lot of STL100-2/3/4 will be angry if this happens...
    I don't get the point of your thread. It's not if...it just is.

The phones have hardware differences, and that is not changing.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 07:41 PM
    It's a brand continuity thing. The BlackBerry brand is so tarnished at the moment, they really can't afford to damage it more.
    They should have kept the continuity with the z10 aswell then instead of doing what they did and now they have this kind of situation where z10 owners feel cheated for being the first ones to support them not including waiting for them.

Btw If they made Fm radio available to stl 1 that would mean less z10 owners being upset so it would actually be a win for them.

Ps stl 234 does have the Fm support

Posted via CB10
    Nharzhool likes this.
    02-05-14 10:06 PM
    They should have kept the continuity with the z10 aswell then instead of doing what they did and now they have this kind of situation where z10 owners feel cheated for being the first ones to support them not including waiting for them.

Btw If they made Fm radio available to stl 1 that would mean less z10 owners being upset so it would actually be a win for them.

Posted via CB10
    I take it you are unfamiliar with brand continuity then??
    02-05-14 10:13 PM

Posted via CB10
    all QUALCOMM powered Z10 have NO FM/Miracast/Wi-Fi Direct support due to the radio chipset limitation, only the STL-1 which *apparently* supports it (as it is powered by TI chipset).
    02-05-14 10:16 PM
    I say let them have it. Who cares if people get upset. The majority are already upset; like me.....with no Z30 from T-Mobile....n stuff.
    Or AT&T
    02-05-14 10:20 PM
    all QUALCOMM powered Z10 have NO FM/Miracast/Wi-Fi Direct support due to the radio chipset limitation, only the STL-1 which *apparently* supports it (as it is powered by TI chipset).
    https://developer.qualcomm.com/mobil...4-msm8960-mdps

From qualcomm own site, that Is the exact same chip for stl 234

Unless Fm means something else on the site

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 10:22 PM
    I support your idea OP.

Posted via CB10
    SalMan50 likes this.
    02-05-14 10:23 PM
    I take it you are unfamiliar with brand continuity then??
    Brand continuity?? What does that even mean? They should all be bbos7 devices then? Since that's what BlackBerry brand was known for not these new bb10 devices.

And would it not be simpler for them to do it for all bb10 devices? keep the continuity among all those devices .

Example when someone thinks of bb10 devices they can say it all supports Fm radio. Clear simple and easy.

Posted via CB10
    02-05-14 10:27 PM
    What do you guys think.I know a lot of STL100-2/3/4 will be angry if this happens but on the other side STL100-1 owners gets no lightning fast internet services(4G) and white balance feature(Only available to STL100-2/3/4 ) and other features that STL100-1 harware dont support.The point is taking All Z10 models to there maximum limit so users can enjoy there device hardware capacity to fullest(STL100-1 supports FM and miracast).So what do you guys think
    I'm with you...

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 04:46 AM
    Brand continuity?? What does that even mean? They should all be bbos7 devices then? Since that's what BlackBerry brand was known for not these new bb10 devices.

And would it not be simpler for them to do it for all bb10 devices? keep the continuity among all those devices .

Example when someone thinks of bb10 devices they can say it all supports Fm radio. Clear simple and easy.

Posted via CB10
    Look it up.
    It doesn't mean every BlackBerry is the same model.
    It's that all of each model are the same.

Eg. All mcdonalds have many different types of burgers, but what if every now and then you went to a different location than usual and they only have one layer on the big mac?
    02-06-14 05:55 AM
    I'm with you on this OP. I had asked the same question to @BlackBerry yesterday but got no response.

Anybody who could take this up with BlackBerry, it would be highly appreciated.

Posted via awesome Z10! Connect at pin:24C83E54 follow @ anubhavnagpal and subscribe to my channel C0001C740
    02-06-14 06:03 AM
    I'm with you on this OP. I had asked the same question to @BlackBerry yesterday but got no response.

Anybody who could take this up with BlackBerry, it would be highly appreciated.

Posted via awesome Z10! Connect at pin:24C83E54 follow @ anubhavnagpal and subscribe to my channel C0001C740
    Where are the crackberry admins when you need them.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 06:49 AM
    Look it up.
    It doesn't mean every BlackBerry is the same model.
    It's that all of each model are the same.

Eg. All mcdonalds have many different types of burgers, but what if every now and then you went to a different location than usual and they only have one layer on the big mac?
    Umm that's contrary to what you said earlier about brand continuity. With your ex. The big macs are known for 2 layers so they will be the z10, but now your saying a different location then usual and now has one layer so z10 with Fm radio. They're both big macs but now one is different. Same with z10s stl 234 and 1 is different.
    So why can't one of them have radio then?

That being said what's a couple bucks vs $600 dollars. No one will be upset cause a burger is different. But when a flagship device and the one that's suppose to make or break BlackBerry comes out and those who supported BlackBerry first realized they got the bad end of the stick. Especially when BlackBerry says it's gonna come out with all these things, then only to say oops sorry z10 isn't gonna get it, tough luck being the ones that supported it first.

But that's beside the point. It seems like for the folks who have these features they are now ****ting on those who don't have it and can't even sympathize with them. It's either get a new model or tough luck.
    I'm all for stl 1 getting Fm radio I and I'm sure a lot of other stl users aren't going to be upset if they get it. We're all BlackBerry fans here.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 07:18 AM
    Well if everyone is arguing about brand continuity and stuff, how about porting white balance to the STL 100-1? If they can't do that, well they shouldn't have released white balance to the other versions of the Z10.

Jeez, I don't get why we can't have Miracast and/or FM. Can't they say Z10s sold in countries with no 4G access have FM radio as compensation?

Posted via CB10 | Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    Nharzhool likes this.
    02-06-14 07:43 AM
    Umm that's contrary to what you said earlier about brand continuity. With your ex. The big macs are known for 2 layers so they will be the z10, but now your saying a different location then usual and now has one layer so z10 with Fm radio. They're both big macs but now one is different. Same with z10s stl 234 and 1 is different.
    So why can't one of them have radio then?

That being said what's a couple bucks vs $600 dollars. No one will be upset cause a burger is different. But when a flagship device and the one that's suppose to make or break BlackBerry comes out and those who supported BlackBerry first realized they got the bad end of the stick. Especially when BlackBerry says it's gonna come out with all these things, then only to say oops sorry z10 isn't gonna get it, tough luck being the ones that supported it first.

But that's beside the point. It seems like for the folks who have these features they are now ****ting on those who don't have it and can't even sympathize with them. It's either get a new model or tough luck.
    I'm all for stl 1 getting Fm radio I and I'm sure a lot of other stl users aren't going to be upset if they get it. We're all BlackBerry fans here.

Posted via CB10
    I'm sensing intentional misunderstanding.

I have not Contradicted myself in any way.
    Look up the concept. Go reread my posts.

The idea is keeping your brand the same across the board.
    Like the big mac being the same everywhere.
    You don't want different phone features on the same phone depending on the carrier.
    I know you know what I'm saying,you just really want that fm so bad. I'm obviously correct as they didn't introduce the feature.
    02-06-14 08:36 AM
    Z10 is already the ******* phone of the rollout so I see no reason not to give the -1 owners the radio. BlackBerry should have accelerated the Z30 and never released the Z10. No radio, no miracast, odd ball screen resolution. It definitely shouldn't have been released so close to the Q5 which sadly has the standards of the rest of the line.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 08:56 AM
    I'm sensing intentional misunderstanding.

I have not Contradicted myself in any way.
    Look up the concept. Go reread my posts.

The idea is keeping your brand the same across the board.
    Like the big mac being the same everywhere.
    You don't want different phone features on the same phone depending on the carrier.
    I know you know what I'm saying,you just really want that fm so bad. I'm obviously correct as they didn't introduce the feature.
    You did contradict yourself with the big Mac analogy, you say brand continuity yet say there are different big macs? Poor analogy? You said it not me. If all of a sudden one McDonald's has one layer, it's the same as a version of the stl having Fm radio.

Samsung s3 does it depending what region you are, some have quad core some have dual core yet they are the samsung s3 model.

If they wanted the same "brand continuity ". Make the exact same phone across the board. Not one model has this and another model has that.

Actually now that I'm rereading it do you know what brand means? brand is blackberry, coca cola, McDonald's those are brands,nike etc. Are you trying to say same model across the board?

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 08:59 AM
    FM and mIracast is available on the STL 100-1 with 10.2.1.1925 isn't it? I have the STL 100-3 which does not have the hardware capability for FM or miracast but I do have LTE capability which the 100-1 does not. The Z30 has all.

I am not upset. The 100-1 was designed for Europe which has not been as aggressive in rolling out LTE as the US, so for value purposes, BlackBerry gave it the capabilities it has to appeal to a specific market. Here in the US, LTE is an expected feature, so my Z10 comes ready for it.

If I really want FM and miracast, then I should buy the Z30. That being said, it is not unusual for phone manufacturers to release the same model phone to different parts of the world with different features.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    Last edited by newcollector; 02-07-14 at 11:24 AM.
    ihys likes this.
    02-06-14 09:06 AM
    FM and maracas is available on the STL 100-1 with 10.2.1.1925 isn't it? I have the STL 100-3 which does not have the hardware capability for FM or miracast but I do have LTE capability which the 100-1 does not. The Z30 has all.

I am not upset. The 100-1 was designed for Europe which has not been as aggressive in rolling out LTE as the US, so for value purposes, BlackBerry gave it the capabilities it has to appeal to a specific market. Here in the US, LTE is an expected feature, so my Z10 comes ready for it.

If I really want FM and miracast, then I should buy the Z30. That being said, it is not unusual for phone manufacturers to release the same model phone to different parts of the world with different features.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    Right so if stl 1 has it give it to them. doesn't hurt anyone but stabdabbie who seems pretty adamant about no z10s having it at all.

Posted via CB10
    02-06-14 09:13 AM
82 123 ...