I say the hell with continuity if your chip supports FM radio then you should be able to get FM radio. Regardless of the fact that mine does not (stl 100-4)

Posted via CB10
    Anubhav Nagpal likes this.
    02-08-14 08:54 AM
    Will enabling the FM radio and Miracast on the STL100-1 actually sell more devices for BlackBerry?

No, it won't.

As has been previously stated, the major concern at launch was to ensure as many countries as possible got the Z10. That's partly why the -1 has a TI SoC and no LTE modem.

It would have been nice to have just one Z10 model with a global LTE modem, I'm guessing BlackBerry didn't have the time and/or money.
    02-08-14 09:08 AM
    Will enabling the FM radio and Miracast on the STL100-1 actually sell more devices for BlackBerry?

No, it won't.

As has been previously stated, the major concern at launch was to ensure as many countries as possible got the Z10. That's partly why the -1 has a TI SoC and no LTE modem.

It would have been nice to have just one Z10 model with a global LTE modem, I'm guessing BlackBerry didn't have the time and/or money.
    Will enabling Fm radio sell any less?

Imagine if they didn't enable it for q10, z30, q5. With the 10.2.1 update. You guys know they have the hardware for it yet BlackBerry chose not to enable it. Just imagine with this 10.2.1 update BlackBerry didn't enable it, what would you guys think.

They could have easily released all models with the qualcomm chip and the carriers could have disabled lte for those regions that dont have it. Just like how some have done that with Internet tethering.

Now if samsung is able to released different variants of the s3 depending on region and aswell some of those s3 have enabled Fm radio. Why can't BlackBerry?

Samsung is rolling in billions and yet here we have ppl still defending BlackBerry like they made the right choice.

I don't have stl 1 but I'm all for maximizing what the device can do.

Posted via CB10
    Nharzhool likes this.
    02-08-14 09:33 AM
    Will enabling Fm radio sell any less?

Imagine if they didn't enable it for q10, z30, q5. With the 10.2.1 update. You guys know they have the hardware for it yet BlackBerry chose not to enable it. Just imagine with this 10.2.1 update BlackBerry didn't enable it, what would you guys think.

They could have easily released all models with the qualcomm chip and the carriers could have disabled lte for those regions that dont have it. Just like how some have done that with Internet tethering.

Now if samsung is able to released different variants of the s3 depending on region and aswell some of those s3 have enabled Fm radio. Why can't BlackBerry?

Samsung is rolling in billions and yet here we have ppl still defending BlackBerry like they made the right choice.

I don't have stl 1 but I'm all for maximizing what the device can do.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not defending BlackBerry nor did I say they made the "right" choice.
    I'm simply saying that decisions were made by BlackBerry and it is what it is. No more, no less.
    02-08-14 11:03 AM
    Sigh.....
    I feel like I'm talking to a five year old.
    Seacrest out.
    Well...

On my Z10
    02-08-14 06:52 PM
    I want FM radio!!!!! , this is so unfair! So they get white balance as an extra feature and we get nothing???

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 08:39 PM
    I actually think that they should have software disabled Miracast, and FM Radio from the Q5, and maybe the Q10 too. There is no reason that either of these two devices should have better features than the Z10 based on the launch time, and prices. BlackBerry should have only enabled these features in the Z30 because all they have done is again treat the earliest adopters of BB10, the Z10 owners, even though it was only a few months till the Q series arrived like the PlayBook owners: Pay a premium price and we'll imply that many features are coming, but then we'll throw in the "not for the model you purchased" caveat when they arrive.

Posted via CB10
    Nharzhool likes this.
    02-09-14 07:28 AM
    I actually think that they should have software disabled Miracast, and FM Radio from the Q5, and maybe the Q10 too. There is no reason that either of these two devices should have better features than the Z10 based on the launch time, and prices. BlackBerry should have only enabled these features in the Z30 because all they have done is again treat the earliest adopters of BB10, the Z10 owners, even though it was only a few months till the Q series arrived like the PlayBook owners: Pay a premium price and we'll imply that many features are coming, but then we'll throw in the "not for the model you purchased" caveat when they arrive.

Posted via CB10
    This stuff almost always happens to early adopters.
    02-09-14 08:35 AM
    This stuff almost always happens to early adopters.
    Yes but we are talking a three months early though. The Z10 was obviously a device that was supposed to release at least 6 months prior to when it did and they didn't out any effort into the delay to make a few simple hardware changes, even though we know they had to make a late RAM change late in the game.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 10:00 AM

Posted via CB10
    I have a Z10 and a Q10, frankly it doesn't matter that one has features the other does not.

I bought my Z10 to support BlackBerry, not because it had a particular feature. I bought my Q10 because I need a physical keyboard as I send a lot of emails.

If you don't like the decisions BlackBerry makes, write a letter to their CEO.
    02-09-14 10:17 AM

If you don't like the decisions BlackBerry makes, write a letter to their CEO.
    I actually have done this before. Got a response from the COO too. That management team is gone now though, so I think it's clear that the decisions they were made weren't correct or they would still be there. If someone wants to post up the new C suite email addresses I'll gladly send them a message.

Posted via CB10
    ihys and Anubhav Nagpal like this.
    02-09-14 12:20 PM
    People say there is hardware and people say no

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 05:50 PM
    If my Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1925 supports fm and miracast by hardware, I would love to have them.

Going by BlackBerry behavior in the recent past, hope they listen to this user request too
    02-16-14 01:11 AM
    Z10 stl100-1 has wifi direct and miracast, at least I have it on my z10.
    Should FM and Mircast be EXCLUSIVE to STL100-1 as White balance is to STL100-2/3/4-img_20140212_073641.png

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 02:31 AM
    Z10 stl100-1 has wifi direct and miracast, at least I have it on my z10.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140212_073641.png 
Views:	887 
Size:	102.5 KB 
ID:	248417

Posted via CB10
    I have them
    But why they are disabled here is the answer?

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 03:33 AM
    I have them

Posted via CB10
    Simply say, You've been friendzoned by the miracast & wifi direct. It's there, but it's not gonna give you anything.
    02-16-14 03:57 AM
    Please BlackBerry... please do it...
    Anyways we paid the same price for not having 4G...
    Please enable FM atleast... let alone Miracast...

Posted via CB10
    I can understand how you feel, we pay top dollar for STL 100-1, and I felt cheated by BlackBerry.
    P.s we do have LTE here long before the ST L 100-1 was released.

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 05:37 AM
    I can understand how you feel, we pay top dollar for STL 100-1, and I felt cheated by BlackBerry.
    P.s we do have LTE here long before the ST L 100-1 was released.

Posted via CB10
    About LTE, some carriers had rolled out LTE in some cities before Z10 launched in India and the number of cities are only going to grow thereafter.

If someone buys other models of z10 from somewhere else, apps like mapmyindia won't be free anymore because only STL 100-1 is for Indian market and we don't have BlackBerry maps available here too.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 02:37 AM
    Why we don't just make a petition for BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    anand_ma likes this.
    02-20-14 12:12 PM
    I have them

Posted via CB10
    Yup, they are there in the OS, but for some reason they decided to disable it for all BB10 devices and not just for the STL-2/3/4
    But is Miracast supported too? Thought it was just WiFi Direct and FM radio

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 01:37 PM
    Sure. Can you create one and post the link. Also yesterday Chen created a twitter account @blackberryceo. We can bombard him with tweets. He responds very well.
    Why we don't just make a petition for BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 09:53 PM
    Sure. Can you create one and post the link. Also yesterday Chen created a twitter account @blackberryceo. We can bombard him with tweets. He responds very well.
    Did you read the bio of that account?
    I'm guessing not :P

Posted via CB10
    02-20-14 10:15 PM
    That account is actually our very own CrackBerry Kevin. Just so you know.

Anyway. STL100-3 here. I say let the people enjoy their devices. Give them any extra perks you can. I wish I had Miracast on this thing but even on my Q10 I used it sparingly. It was just nice to have it. If your device has the hardware they should allow it.
    02-20-14 10:17 PM
    My bad...

Did you read the bio of that account?
    I'm guessing not :P

Posted via CB10
    That account is actually our very own CrackBerry Kevin. Just so you know.

Anyway. STL100-3 here. I say let the people enjoy their devices. Give them any extra perks you can. I wish I had Miracast on this thing but even on my Q10 I used it sparingly. It was just nice to have it. If your device has the hardware they should allow it.
    02-21-14 01:35 AM
    First of all we need a reply from BlackBerry their selves to confirm if really the STL100-1 does have the hardware support for these services. Then we can ask them to enable it for us

I tweeted to @BlackBerry could you please make some a regarding Miracast, WiFi Direct and FM on STL100-1? We have the right to know

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 02:32 AM
82 1234