Nonsense, what the should is push bbm to other platforms asap to generate some ad dollars and more importantly raise blackberry awareness. Second- focus on the markets with the largest base and upgrade potential. Third- license the goddamn thing to Sony/Lenovo or whoever is willing to churn out as many handsets as possible. And we'll have entirely different conversation this time next year.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 12:48 PM
    ads in bbm for android?
    right now there an app called lucky patcher in android, and they keep hacking apps so no ads, full version, etc.

the only thing blackberry can win is the os with qwerty handset which targeting for business rathen than entertainment (except z10 for both business and entertainment), and sideloading android is very important plus point to keep fast update with android apps (if the app developer havent make for bb10)

so for me, bb10 should keep update their android runtime to support android app, but dont change to fully android.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-13 01:09 PM
    I'd rather "lose my job" than work at a job I hate (i.e. use Android).

If BB switches to Android you know what happens? ALL THEIR CUSTOMERS SWITCH TO A SAMSUNG OR APPLE DEVICE.
    I wouldn't. I would stay for the hub, active frames, keyboard, etc...

They could also change the look and feel of the Android GUI widgets and behaviour to look more like Cascades, kind of like SWT for Java.

The eclipse IDE looks like Windows on Windows, but looks like a Mac app on the Mac, etc...

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 09:34 PM
    No, if it means the end of BB10.

More options are better for consumers.
    07-08-13 10:03 PM
    No, if it means the end of BB10.

More options are better for consumers.
    I think this is what the whole debate revolves around.

We all want to see BB10 succeed. Where we disagree is whether Android is BB10's saviour or its coffin nail.

Keep in mind that allowing full Android support via Google Play does not mean we have to lose the look and features of BB10, just like having a Gingerbread Android player on BB10 right now (and soon Jelly Bean) doesn't make BB10 look just like an Android phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 10:17 PM
    I think this is what the whole debate revolves around.

We all want to see BB10 succeed. Where we disagree is whether Android is BB10's saviour or its coffin nail.

Keep in mind that allowing full Android support via Google Play does not mean we have to lose the look and features of BB10, just like having a Gingerbread Android player on BB10 right now doesn't make BB10 look just like an Android phone.

Posted via CB10
    It's an intriguing thought.

I am beginning to believe that the runtime is not a good long term strategy, though.
    07-08-13 10:20 PM
    So what should be the plan for BlackBerry it is to make a new Bb10 tablette 10.1 a little bit like Apple with Ipad! (A kind of really Big Z10 10.1 inches ! ) The playbook is death we need a new tablette !

Another plan it's to make a device like the Samsung Galaxy note 2 a kind of big device but not that big !

A really big plan it should be to give all the same apps then offer concurrence !
    1000 000 apps for Apple, 900 000 for Android, Blackberry only 150 000! We don't want Android Port we want Native apps !

We have to do the same strategy then Apple, Android and Windows Phone and offers the same quality and a little more !!!

If we don't do that everybody will stay on Apple and Android or Windows Phone !

We have to offer more ! We have to make a better product then Ios and Android !

More then just a Keep Moving!

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 10:35 PM
    I support the idea of BlackBerry allowing users to dual boot andriod if they want.

Similar to bootcamp on the Mac but to go to Andriod entirely? I hate andriod. It is the only mobile OS I hate. IOS and WP are good

Posted via CB10
    07-08-13 11:23 PM
83 ... 234