I've read everywhere that to share a contact between Z10s is as easy as opening up contacts, holding down on the contact in question and selecting the triple dot V (share) symbol on the menu.

It works on my girlfriends Z10 but for some reason, the symbol doesn't show up on mine. I got mine at launch and my girlfriend just got hers today. I want to transfer contacts over to her but my phone doesn't seem to have that option.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    02-13-13 11:07 PM
    I've read everywhere that to share a contact between Z10s is as easy as opening up contacts, holding down on the contact in question and selecting the triple dot V (share) symbol on the menu.

It works on my girlfriends Z10 but for some reason, the symbol doesn't show up on mine. I got mine at launch and my girlfriend just got hers today. I want to transfer contacts over to her but my phone doesn't seem to have that option.
    Can you pull out the menus on both (invoke the long press, then slide the contextual menu from right to left about half-way into the screen) and compare all the options to verify that you're missing the menu option?
    02-13-13 11:28 PM
    I just figured it out.

Apparently, I can send contacts, just not any contact that has been linked to Facebook.

If it's only a number, you can send it but when linked, the option is not available.

02-13-13 11:54 PM
    I just figured it out.

Apparently, I can send contacts, just not any contact that has been linked to Facebook.

If it's only a number, you can send it but when linked, the option is not available.

Yeah, this sounds like a big in the UI. Can you see if this will work as a workaround? Unlink the contact, invoke the contextual menu and try to send. Try this for both versions of the contact.
    02-14-13 01:21 AM
    Yeah, this sounds like a big in the UI. Can you see if this will work as a workaround? Unlink the contact, invoke the contextual menu and try to send. Try this for both versions of the contact.
    That seems to be the only way it works. I'm guessing since Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn are accounts that you have to have an account to see, it's not allowed to be shared or something like that.

This is my contact sheet of myself
    Sharing contacts-img_00000031.jpg

And this is it after I unlink it (the contact above the one selected is my facebook account)
    Sharing contacts-img_00000032.jpg

They're going to have to find a way to fix this because the way the contacts are set up, they encourage linking accounts together for a cleaner contact list, but if it removes the ability to send contacts, what's the point?

Can someone test it out with LinkedIn and Twitter as I don't have accounts on either?
    02-14-13 09:29 AM