I've seen differing views on this topic and would *really* like to know for sure, since I would like to use the rapid charger on my Zed10.

Can we settle this? :-)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    04-29-13 03:51 PM
    The rapid charger, aka the PlayBook regular charger?

You bet you can use it on your Z10.
    Z10 requires a micro USB plug and a charger with a minimum output of 750mA. The PB charger outputs 1.8A, which charges the Z10 nice & quick.

I use my PB chargers as my default chargers for my Z10.
    DocDRM and walt63 like this.
    04-29-13 03:56 PM
    I used the kitchen outlet (has a 2.1amp usb port on it) Charged my z10 to full in ~20 minutes. I just try and plug mine into a standard one while I sleep.
    04-29-13 03:57 PM
    It's the main charger I use for almost all my mobile devices

BlackBerry, Android phones, Kindle Fire, if the plug fits then more times than not it will charge it.
    pdizzle27 likes this.
    04-29-13 03:57 PM
    Yup. Check here on CrackBerry.com or in the BlackBerry store. I use it.

Posted via CB10 on my Zed10 10.0.10.85 on Rogers
    04-29-13 03:59 PM
    Been using my PlayBook charger for my Z10 since day one. The charger that came with my Z10 is still in the box. NO problems
    jamesharmeling and moyjoy like this.
    04-29-13 04:00 PM
    I've seen differing views on this topic and would *really* like to know for sure, since I would like to use the rapid charger on my Zed10.

Can we settle this? :-)

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    They shipped the playbook charger with the dev alphas so yes it can be used.
    04-29-13 05:23 PM
    Yes...use it all the time.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 05:29 PM
    I only use the playbook charger on my Z10 and have not had any problems with it. I also have a 2amp charger in my car to charge the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 06:51 PM
    It's not the amperage that matters most its the voltage.

The higher amperage transformer the better. They are just more expensive as they get larger which is why the phone comes with the most minimal power supply it can handle to keep costs low
    04-29-13 07:00 PM
    Ok - While I see people saying the rapid charger can be used as a charger, I haven't seen anyone come out and say if it will charge the Z10 rapidly. USB cable and charging dongle that came with the Z10 isn't exactly the fastest charger out there, so if there is one that charges the Z10 super fast (and safely) then I am all over that.
    So is there a way to rapid charge the Z10?

Sorry if I am being dense and not seeing that this has been addressed.
    04-29-13 07:55 PM
    Ok - While I see people saying the rapid charger can be used as a charger, I haven't seen anyone come out and say if it will charge the Z10 rapidly. USB cable and charging dongle that came with the Z10 isn't exactly the fastest charger out there, so if there is one that charges the Z10 super fast (and safely) then I am all over that.
    So is there a way to rapid charge the Z10?

Sorry if I am being dense and not seeing that this has been addressed.
    Did you check out the two places I mentioned? The CB store very clearly says 2 X faster charging. And my experience is that it is twice as fast.

04-29-13 08:16 PM
    My experience with my PlayBook charger has been less than desirable. I have only had reboots when charging, which started a week ago on the charger that came with the phone (had my Z10 since March 28th). Reading posts here I thought I'd try the PlayBook charger and low and behold after 35 minutes, my phone rebooted and continued to do so every 35 minutes until I took it off the charger, made a call and returned it to the charger. I haven't used it since; however, today was the first time that my regular phone charger charged to 100% without a reboot. Go figure. It's been the craziest thing I've experienced with BlackBerry phones.
    04-29-13 08:35 PM
    Personally, I think your better off using the standard charger. It's slower, but I've seen slight improvements since switching
    sklotz2000 likes this.
    04-29-13 08:50 PM
    Personally, I think your better off using the standard charger. It's slower, but I've seen slight improvements since switching
    Well, that's hopeful. It's just a bit weird that these problems should come up with such a basic thing like charging your phone.
    04-29-13 08:57 PM
    So is it true that charging with the playbook's charger discharges the battery faster?

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 08:57 PM
    Well, that's hopeful. It's just a bit weird that these problems should come up with such a basic thing like charging your phone.
    Yes, but keep in mind that this is purely based on the fact that the PB charger is higher output. I believe that's normal when you "power charge" a device that the battery suffers a bit. It's more strain in the long run. It's great for a fast charge, but there's a reason the Z didn't come with a PB style charger
    SunnyFL likes this.
    04-29-13 09:15 PM
    So is it true that charging with the playbook's charger discharges the battery faster?

Posted via CB10
    I don't really have empirical evidence to back it up. But if I was betting, I would say yes (even if it's only a slight difference)
    ddlax22 and jc like this.
    04-29-13 09:17 PM
    I'm so sad, I don't even know where my PlayBook charger is

Posted via CB10
    04-29-13 09:18 PM
    Thanks and appreciate your reply. Was thinking about trying the PB charger again, but perhaps I shouldn't and just continue using the standard charger. After today and a no reboot issue while charging, I'll continue with the standard charger.
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    04-29-13 09:19 PM
    I have the PB charger plugged in and the cord sitting on my desk. It charges the Zed VERY rapidly and well. No problems at all.

I also have a 1A/2.1A charger in my car. The 2.1A side is SLOWER than the 1A side. Apparently whatever the 2.1A side has on the "charge only" pins the Zed doesn't see as the correct magic combination to trip it into rapid charge mode. The 1A side is quite quick, however.
    04-29-13 09:35 PM
    It's great for a fast charge, but there's a reason the Z didn't come with a PB style charger
    But the dev alpha BB10 phones did come with the PB charger.
    John Pawling likes this.
    04-30-13 12:21 AM
    Did you check out the two places I mentioned? The CB store very clearly says 2 X faster charging. And my experience is that it is twice as fast.

I did go look at some stores before I posted, but nothing I saw said the PlayBook charger charged the Z10 faster than the Z10's charger, and that it was safe for the Z10 which were my two questions.
    This are ones I looked at for example:
    Amazon.com: Blackberry Rapid Travel Charger for Playbook - Retail Packaging - Black: Computers & Accessories
    BlackBerry Rapid Wall Charger for PlayBook 4G LTE , PlayBook | BlackBerry Wall Chargers | ShopCrackBerry

If you can show me the PlayBook charger on CrackBerry store where it says it works safely for the Z10 and is 2X faster than the one that came with the Z10, I would greatly appreciate it because I am not "clearly" seeing it.
    04-30-13 08:26 AM
    I did go look at some stores before I posted, but nothing I saw said the PlayBook charger charged the Z10 faster than the Z10's charger, and that it was safe for the Z10 which were my two questions.
    This are ones I looked at for example:
    Amazon.com: Blackberry Rapid Travel Charger for Playbook - Retail Packaging - Black: Computers & Accessories
    BlackBerry Rapid Wall Charger for PlayBook 4G LTE , PlayBook | BlackBerry Wall Chargers | ShopCrackBerry

If you can show me the PlayBook charger on CrackBerry store where it says it works safely for the Z10 and is 2X faster than the one that came with the Z10, I would greatly appreciate it because I am not "clearly" seeing it.
    It charges faster. We have 5 PlayBook chargers in our house and I have one at work and in my apartment. We charge android and blackberry devices on them. We use them because they charge faster than standard chargers.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-13 08:31 AM
    But the dev alpha BB10 phones did come with the PB charger.
    Oh wow, I wasn't aware of that... Although, that could just be a case of getting rid of inventory for a device that was never meant to be a daily driver. I mean, those all went back to BlackBerry anyway, right?
    04-30-13 08:32 AM
60 123