Is there a way to assign custom categories to phone numbers and emails in Contacts ? For example, the only options currently available for phone numbers seem to be Home, Work, Mobile or Other. Is it possible to make the title something like "Mobile 1" , "Mobile 2", "Dad's Mobile", etc.?

Posted via Z10
    cbzeduser likes this.
    06-12-13 11:56 PM
    There is no such option at the moment - hopefully something will be available in the next update ? :-)
    06-13-13 12:40 AM
    This gets a +1
    06-13-13 01:01 AM
    ++1

Kramberry z10
    06-13-13 01:10 AM
    Okay, thanks. I also hope BlackBerry adds the option in the future releases. It becomes handy when you deal with multiple phone numbers/emails of the same type.

Posted via Z10
    06-13-13 01:46 AM
    Totally agreed - I am looking forward to it too...
    06-13-13 01:56 AM
    Just made a call this morning with a different use case where this would have been useful - for large organizations with departmental hotline numbers (Sales, Accounts Payable, Main Number, Customer Support, etc.). Being able to assign custom labels to phone numbers would allow for the consolidation of all these numbers under a single Company Name and single record. As it is now, you have to create separate Contact/Company records with separate Company Names (i.e. "CompanyName (Sales)", "CompanyName (Main)", "CompanyName (Support)", which clogs up your contact list. The problem becomes even worse when these separate contacts have duplicate records created for them by the OS.
    06-13-13 11:18 AM
    Keepin this one alive. Any updates? Or is there a way we havent figured out yet?

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 04:35 PM
    I've just bought a Z10 having owned Androids for a number of years. I have to say I was persuaded by the current UK price of �150 unlocked. But this inability to label phone numbers may be one obstacle too far. I thought BB were business orientated? It's mostly businesses that are likely to have multiple numbers. How can you possibly remember whose number's whose?
    Such a shame, it's a great phone with many attributes. Takes a bit of getting used to at first, but worth the effort, until this problem.
    12-11-13 10:14 AM