Can anyone shed some light on a crazy series of events with my Z10 over the weekend?

1. Saturday, the battery lasted for 6 hours. It's unusual because I can usually go 18 hours during the week when I have a ton of messages. Device Monitor implicated the Standby and System processes as being the culprits. Not sure why Standby should consume any power at all. I did a full charge but no help. A battery pull late Saturday night ended up solving the problem.

2. Sunday morning, I took the phone out of my holster to check a message. The display was blank, swipes didn't work. But then I saw the reboot LED, so I figured it was just doing its usual random reboot thing. It booted to a screen saying "www.bberror.com/bb10-0020". I tried rebooting a few times by holding down the power button, but I onlt to the same message or to a screen with a red battery icon. Once again, a battery pull saved me. The error suggests a battery problem, but this has never been an issue and BBVE and Battery Lover both say that the battery is good.

3. No problems until Sunday evening, when the phone started going crazy on the reboots. Sometimes I could barely use the phone for a few minutes before it rebooted. It even rebooted in the middle of a call, which has never happened before, despite my rebooting device saga. The reboots have continued today, I've had 3 so far. And before someone starts making the silly claim about a loose battery, this is not the problem because the phone does not reboot no matter how much I shake, tilt or flip it.

I'm at my wits end...going to try a software reload tonight out of desperation despite the lack of a rational reason for why that would make any difference. Any suggestions that will save me a few hours of work tonight, apart from seeking the services of an exorcist?
    02-10-14 03:41 PM
    02-10-14 03:46 PM
    my battery life per day is 6-7 hours since I updated to 10.2.1.537
    02-10-14 03:48 PM
    Sounds like your Z10 battery Is dead. My wife's Z10 had "random" reboot problems until in have replaced the battery.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 03:50 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. Any idea why the battery thinks it's "dead" only after I upgraded to 10.2.1? Or is it just an unfortunate consequence that has nothing to do with the real reason? Then does that mean my reboots from day one have been due to the battery?

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    02-10-14 03:52 PM
    Thanks for the feedback. Any idea why the battery thinks it's "dead" only after I upgraded to 10.2.1? Or is it just an unfortunate consequence that has nothing to do with the real reason? Then does that mean my reboots from day one have been due to the battery?

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    It may be too late but you can try this:

Don't use generic or weak chargers with your Z10. They throw off the charging circuits. To recalibrate and solve your issues follow these steps: Take out the dead battery, SIM card and SD card. Plug in the original BlackBerry charger that came with the phone. Hold the power button for 3 seconds or until you see the red light come on. Leave the phone in this state for at least 2 minutes or until it shuts off completely on it's own. You may or may not see the red battery outline or the white blackberry logo on the screen. Plug out the charger and leave everything out for 1 hour. Replace everything and allow the phone to charge. Never use weak chargers on your Z10 again.

I'm not saying that weak chargers are the cause or the only thing that can trigger this flaw in the phones but it is a factor in many cases of battery charging circuit miscalibration.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 11:06 PM
    It may be too late but you can try this:

Don't use generic or weak chargers with your Z10. They throw off the charging circuits. To recalibrate and solve your issues follow these steps: Take out the dead battery, SIM card and SD card. Plug in the original BlackBerry charger that came with the phone. Hold the power button for 3 seconds or until you see the red light come on. Leave the phone in this state for at least 2 minutes or until it shuts off completely on it's own. You may or may not see the red battery outline or the white blackberry logo on the screen. Plug out the charger and leave everything out for 1 hour. Replace everything and allow the phone to charge. Never use weak chargers on your Z10 again.

I'm not saying that weak chargers are the cause or the only thing that can trigger this flaw in the phones but it is a factor in many cases of battery charging circuit miscalibration.

Posted via CB10
    Not too late, will do when I get home. I've only used the original Z10 charger and my PlayBook charger on rare occasions (as it seems to be sold as the rapid charger).

I notice it seems to reboot more often when I put it into my holster, but not sure if it's causationally related. I should just get a new battery before my warranty is up.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    02-10-14 11:35 PM

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    My wife's phone was 3 month old when the battery died.

I guess that it was faulty. The fault was not linked to os upgrades.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 05:18 AM