I updated my LE Z10 to 10.0.10.116 / 10.0.10.822 on Friday through AT&T (officially, no leaked update or anything) and since then I've run into a serious problem. I'm experiencing it with games, and it appears to be audio related, though I can't be sure. I'm posting to see if anyone has the same issue.

Basically, some games lose all audio during play, and some games refuse to close properly after quitting them (you can see the icon is still dimmed). Once this has happened, I can't open any other game, it stays on the splashscreen and then quits. The only solution is to restart the phone.

Games that have lost audio after a short period of time:
    Jetpack Joyride
    Super Hexagon

Games that have exhibited "won't close properly":
    Pin Fall (my own game)

Until I saw it with Jetpack Joyride I was working under the assumption that there was a problem either with my own code or with the framework I use (Super Hexagon uses the same framework), but now I think it's a wider problem. So far the only thing I can assume these games have in common is that they all use streaming audio for music.
    04-15-13 09:10 AM
    I've seen the same problem with Fruit Blitz where the audio will go out while playing and some games won't open after the audio problem starts.

Restarting fixes it but it does happen again sometimes.
    04-15-13 09:20 AM
    Also experiencing this issue
    04-15-13 09:26 AM
    Can you guys confirm your software release and OS version numbers? I've also posted this to the BB developer forums, it'll be good to have some hard data.
    04-15-13 09:32 AM
    yup I have ZERO audio throughout my Z10. BBM, phone, text, social media etc.
    04-15-13 09:34 AM
    Z10stl100-3/10.0.10.822
    04-15-13 09:34 AM
    yup I have ZERO audio throughout my Z10. BBM, phone, text, social media etc.
    That's called a broken phone. I don't think anyone is claiming full loss of audio
    04-15-13 09:35 AM
    Same problem here, latest ATT update, 10.0.10.116, OS version 10.0.10.822. Issue with games as well.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 09:36 AM
    That's called a broken phone. I don't think anyone is claiming full loss of audio
    Broken phone? i got it tuesday, it worked flawlessly wednesday and thursday, updated thursday night, friday-now nothing. Its not a broken phone. its a software problem
    04-15-13 09:41 AM
    Well I don't have full loss of audio and nobody else seems too. For me it's only gone out in Fruit Blitz which requires a restart to fix until it happens again. Some other games won't open though after the audio problem starts.

I'm on the latest AT&T update.
    04-15-13 09:46 AM
    STL-02 OS 10.0.10.822 cause Stick Tennis game crash with audio.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-13 09:51 AM
    I don't play games. however after the upgrade I hear like switch turning on audio and also off when finished
    coolpowers likes this.
    04-15-13 10:10 AM
    Broken phone? i got it tuesday, it worked flawlessly wednesday and thursday, updated thursday night, friday-now nothing. Its not a broken phone. its a software problem
    It would just be weird if you were the only one. Know what I mean?
    04-15-13 10:21 AM
    I was having a problem with audio as well, but now it seems to be fixed. What I found the problem to be for me is that when I did the upgrade OTA I had multiple sound issues from games to keyboard and over heating. However, when I hooked up the phone via Blackberry link and redid the upgrade everything started to work just fine. It is as if some of the data did not come through with AT&T. This worked for me.
    coolpowers likes this.
    04-15-13 10:54 AM
    What I found the problem to be for me is that when I did the upgrade OTA I had multiple sound issues from games to keyboard and over heating. However, when I hooked up the phone via Blackberry link and redid the upgrade everything started to work just fine. It is as if some of the data did not come through with AT&T.
    This is exactly what I'm going to try. Interesting you mention the heat thing too, I didn't say it because I couldn't test it, but it certainly seemed like it was running hotter.
    04-15-13 11:05 AM
    i just experienced this problem last night with beach buggy blitz, I started the game and there was no sound. occasionally it would come and go. I restarted the phone and all is ok. i've also had problems with riptide gp as well as beach buggy blitz were it would get stuck on the splash screen. I'm on the latest os from att and this all started after the update. I'm not sure i would call this a serious problem, just a minor inconvenience until a fix comes out.
    04-15-13 11:23 AM
    Waiting for some videos to sync before I try the update through BB Link, but I've just now noticed that I wasn't getting the LED or audio notification for items appearing in the hub since the update, either. And just now I went to answer a phone call and it wouldn't let me - and I couldn't get out of the phone app without restarting the phone. So I think something is seriously wrong with this update, and hope that reinstalling will fix it.

Everyone who has had the problem - did you all install the update OTA, like I did?
    04-15-13 11:29 AM
    I also experienced massive amounts of heat and poor battery life, however I had to do a full wipe when I upgraded. My phone took a full 2 days to recover and return to having normal battery life and heat. It must be rebuilding databases and such...

edit: I installed using the leaked ATT update.
    04-15-13 11:32 AM
    Revert to previous OS via reload and test the audio.
    If ok then it's the OS.

Posted via my beloved Zeeeeeeee
    04-15-13 11:33 AM
    By the way I did the update through MEGA .exe file and everything seems fine.
    I don't play any games so I don't know if I have a problem. Other than that, everything is ok.

Posted via my beloved Zeeeeeeee
    04-15-13 11:36 AM
    The fun of fix this and break that.
    04-15-13 11:38 AM
    I have experienced the same thing after the update however wiping and updating through the computer brought the same results
    04-15-13 12:39 PM
    Just got done reinstalling via BB Link. It didn't fix it, and I didn't even have audio when I *started* Jetpack Joyride this time. Same result though - nothing else (games) will start now.
    04-15-13 01:45 PM
    It's getting even more fun. I restarted the phone and it blinked the Charge screen at me. The battery was fully charged when I restarted, and connected via USB. Just plugged it into the wall and it restarted properly.
    04-15-13 02:01 PM
    Definitely the update at fault. Is there any way to wipe the phone without installing it?
    04-15-13 04:01 PM
29 12