So here's the deal. I had an appointment yesterday, and I put the address I was supposed to be at in the "notes" field of my appointment. The Z10 very helpfully recognized this as an address, so when I got in my car it was highlighted in blue, recognized as an address. A long press on it brought up the right-side bar options for sharing, mapping, navigating, etc. I was delighted. I clicked on navigate, it brought up the Blackberrry maps application and plotted my course, and then I was off.

The only trouble is that it navigated to the wrong address!

My street address was 6701, and it took me to 9189 for some reason! Fortunately, it had the street and city right, and 6701 was only a couple miles away from 9189, but it could have been worse.

I tried it again and again, and it always routes to the same place (or will map there too). The odd thing is that if I "share" the address, or copy/paste it, the number is correct. Likewise, if I even paste the copied text into the map application, it pulls up the right location. For some reason, when it automatically feeds the address information to the Blackberry maps application, something gets messed up.

Has anyone seen this before? Any way to tell Blackberry about this, so they can fix it?

FWIW, I'm running 10.1.0.4200 on T-Mobile in the U.S. (You can tell me to upgrade with a leak, but I'm not willing to give up my wifi calling on T-Mobile.)
    12-12-13 09:15 PM
    What is the address is actually in an ADDRESS field for a contact? I guess that not every appt needs a contact but I'm just wondering if that would be correct. Any other address in your contacts have that other number? I am not familiar with the base maps or whose software provides the mapping but wonder if you put in that number on their online service, if they had one, what it would do. Just some wild thinking - what's the zip code or phone number? Any correspondence there?
    12-12-13 10:09 PM
    Don't put it in the notes field, put it in the location field.

Not for nothing, but I've actually been very pleasantly surprised by how well BlackBerry Maps gets me where I'm going after reading all the horror stories (which I've learned to take with a very big grain of salt) around here.
    12-12-13 10:26 PM
    Same problem when it's in location field or as a contact.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 12:42 AM
    What is the address is actually in an ADDRESS field for a contact? I guess that not every appt needs a contact but I'm just wondering if that would be correct. Any other address in your contacts have that other number? I am not familiar with the base maps or whose software provides the mapping but wonder if you put in that number on their online service, if they had one, what it would do. Just some wild thinking - what's the zip code or phone number? Any correspondence there?
    BB Maps is run by Tom Tom

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 03:37 AM
    Have been using it as my only Nav device when I drive (work part time as a delivery driver for a catering company) in the GVA - Greater Vancouver Area. All I can say...works flawlessly.

In Miami for about a week now with a Roam Mobility Sim which uses T-Mobile. Also works flawlessly. Used it to drive to addresses in Ocoee, Kissimmee, Orlando, Ft. Lauderdale and entire Miami Dade and Broward Counties without a hitch.

I'm on official Telus OS 10.2.0.429

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by qphone; 12-13-13 at 09:27 AM.
    12-13-13 07:37 AM
    Ok, someone else try it. Put this in a contact, email, or wherever and see where it takes you on a long press. As I mentioned before, if you cut and paste it into the maps app yourself, it works fine. Just gives a problem when automatically linking from another app

6701 Taft St, Merrillville, IN 46410

Posted via CB10
    Richard Buckley and Gatmyer like this.
    12-13-13 09:52 AM
    I'll try that when I get a chance. Just to be sure, Google maps says that is a golf club. Is that correct?
    12-13-13 10:56 AM
    I'll try that when I get a chance. Just to be sure, Google maps says that is a golf club. Is that correct?
    That's what I got

Serious mapping / navigation problem-img_00000380.png

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 11:50 AM
    This is what I got from "mapping" the address from the CB app.
    Serious mapping / navigation problem-img_00000644.png

This is what I got when copied and pasted.

Attachment 229873

Very odd how it does that.
    12-14-13 02:16 PM
    Ditto. Wrong address!

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 11:17 AM
    That is definitely odd. Created a contact with the address

Serious mapping / navigation problem-img_00000231.png

Pressed on the address to map it, notice the street number:

Serious mapping / navigation problem-img_00000229.png

Then selected it from the search menu:

Serious mapping / navigation problem-img_00000230.png

Definitely a bug. Do you want to report it or should I?

Posted via CB10
    misterabrasive likes this.
    12-16-13 04:47 PM
    I don't know how to report it, so I would be grateful if you did, or if you gave me a tip about how to do so myself

Posted via CB10
    12-16-13 06:45 PM
    12-16-13 10:15 PM
    You could put it in the forums, but I think I'll report it to their bug tracking system.

Edit:

Created issue: BBTEN-2022

Hopefully this is just a simple parsing problem and can be quickly fixed.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Richard Buckley; 12-17-13 at 07:53 AM.
    12-16-13 10:19 PM