Ok so I've had my Z10 for about 2 weeks now. I'm loving it so far but the last few days I've been having serious issues with the browser.

What would happen at first is going to certain websites would cause the browser to stop responding completely, most notably google. Not even the menu would work.

What i ended up doing is loading the latest leaked os (10.1.0.2354, ST100-3) in an attempt to fix it. After doing that and restoring my backup it seemed to be fixed, until today. Now when i open the browser the screen is completely black except for the menu bar which doesn't respond. The only way I'm able to use the browser is by opening a link from an app like twitter.

Ive tried battery pulls and the usual fixes but no luck. What's interesting is that if i go to browser settings, the display and action tab doesn't open. The other settings open fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 03:33 PM
    Wow, that is a serious issue.

Try a device reset first. (NOT the same as a restart.)
    Hold down top button, for about 30 seconds. Keep pressing it down, ignoring onscreen countdown and restart option, BB splashscreen, black screen, red LED, BB splashscreen again. I keep holding it down until I see the blue startup icon.
    (That's the "battery pull" of BB10.)

You might need to wipe your device and use Link to Reload OS. If it persists, exchange the device as this is not normal behaviour and you might have a lemon. I haven't heard that bug mentioned before, but I didn't do any searching either.

You should search CB Forums, plus BBRY's own Forums and their support site: BlackBerry Knowledge Base .

PS Update your CB profile! Please add your carrier too, as makes it easier for others to help you.
    06-05-13 04:05 PM
    Ok so I've tried the reset like you said but still no go.

I realize i might have to reload the os but i want to see if there's something i can do that's less drastic.

And I've looked around and I've seen a few posts about my first issue (the browser crashing on certain sites) but nothing on my current one

Appreciate any help i can get on this issue, thanks!!

Posted via CB10
    06-05-13 04:38 PM
    Btw here's a screen cap of the browser when I open it

Serious Browser Issue!-img.png

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 10:51 AM
    Mines the same only I can't type or get off Google literally nothing is working, after updating to 10.1.0.2312 last night on EE. never have had any problems at all with the browser
    Help is needed as other browsers just don't compare ;(

Posted via CB10 channel pin: C0007A56C
    Attachment 168974
    06-06-13 12:02 PM
    Go into the browser settings. Clear history, clear cookies, reset search engines. Close the browser, reopen, and it should work.
    06-06-13 12:08 PM
    Tried clearing everything, but still no go. I'm thinking that it's a corruption of the browser settings. Is there a way to go into the os and switch out the current browser file for a different one?

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 12:27 PM
    That happens when you clear the cookies right?

Go to this site.

http://www.google.ca/?t

It fixed that issue for me.

Posted using The Z10
    06-06-13 02:02 PM
    Does anyone know where the application data is stored on the device?

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 03:16 PM
    I'm going to kick this thread over to the other Ambassadors to see if anyone has ideas for you.
    06-06-13 06:08 PM
    Try finding the browser bar file from a lower OS and using sachibar to install it

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 06:22 PM
    Do a hard reboot and then clear all the history and cookies.

This should clear it up.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 06:27 PM
    Do a hard reboot and then clear all the history and cookies.

This should clear it up.
    That's already suggested above, and the OP already replied that they tried that and it didn't help them.
    06-06-13 06:34 PM
    Have the same problem. OS 10.1.0.273
    Browser hangs after clearing cookies and cache.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 06:46 PM
    Tried all suggested fixes. Nothing works

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 07:23 PM
    I have this problem too. Nothing suggested in this thread, or similar threads fixes it so far.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 07:41 PM
    This has been an issue for many the last few weeks. After I did the 10.1 update and deleted my history it caused these issues.

1. Go to browser, click the three dots, delete history and cookies.
    2. TYPE www.google.com /?t into the address bar, be sure to type it manually.
    3. Good to go, works for many people

Posted via Naked BlackBerry Z10
    06-06-13 07:43 PM
    If that still doesn't work, there are MANY threads on this issue.

Posted via Naked BlackBerry Z10
    06-06-13 07:45 PM
    I had this problem for two days, after clearing the cache to try to fix a different issue ... tried everything. The last thing I did was turn off the Popup blocker. I can't say that fixed it, but the problem is gone for now.

One thing I noticed was that the page load status bar would never complete.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 07:49 PM
    With all do respect, there are plenty of threads open with this issue, but I have been unable to find one that solves the problem (for me at least). I have entered in Google /? multiple times. Doesn't fix. I have cleared cache and broswer history, multiple times. Doesn't fix it. I have done hard reboots. I have wiped my device and reinstalled the OS. Still with no fix to the browser.
    The only way I can access my browser is to open up a web link in an app like CB, an email, or sometimes through the search bar it will open. Not the end of the world, as once my broswer is loaded, I can keep it open and just leave it open, to get me through the day. BUT, It is annoying as hell.
    So if anyone else is having similar issues, or until someone comes up with a descent solution that works for everyone, these threads are going to keep popping up.
    06-06-13 08:07 PM
    As of now, the problem's gone for me. I did an os reload but I didn't load my backup afterwards this time. So far so good, running smoothly with no problems.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 08:16 PM
    Are you able to browse any pages at all. If not then an os reload may be needed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    06-06-13 08:18 PM
    Are you able to browse any pages at all. If not then an os reload may be needed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    I can browse, but the only way to access my browser is to open it through a web link (via email or an app). If I don't, I get the attached image, and it is locked up. Won't do anything.
    Once open the browser works fine, except one issue. I cannot ever, ever, access the 'Display and Actions ' tab. It is locked up.
    Serious Browser Issue!-img_00000495.png

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 08:42 PM
    What about your browser settings (Display and Actions)? Do you have it set to open a certain page when you click on it?

Via Zeppelin 10
    06-06-13 09:01 PM
    Yes it is set open to Google.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-13 09:11 PM
43 12