I bought my Z10 through Costco and I have about 2 weeks left on the 30 day return policy. With the sale of the company pending, I'm really up in the air as to whether or not to jump ship. It's pretty pathetic that it's come to this, but I have no idea whether I bought an obsolete product that will not have a valid support system a year from now. I see the sale as the first step to a systematic sell off of parts of the company, so maybe I've answered my own question.
    09-23-13 03:47 PM
    Do you enjoy the phone?
    09-23-13 03:52 PM
    You'd better be happy with what you have right now and strongly feel that you will be happy with it for the next couple of years. This platform isn't going to advance in any way. One other thing to figure is that there may be a HP-style fire-sale of these phones in the next few months which may allow you to get back in at a lower price if you want.
    09-23-13 04:00 PM
    If you like the phone keep it. If you don't get rid of it. It doesn't matter where blackberry is right now along as you like the phone.

Posted via my white Z10. LG banter- blackberry bold 9900- Z10
    09-23-13 04:11 PM
    I bought my Z10 through Costco and I have about 2 weeks left on the 30 day return policy. With the sale of the company pending, I'm really up in the air as to whether or not to jump ship. It's pretty pathetic that it's come to this, but I have no idea whether I bought an obsolete product that will not have a valid support system a year from now. I see the sale as the first step to a systematic sell off of parts of the company, so maybe I've answered my own question.
    If you have doubts--return item. This goes for anything and not just phones.

It's better to be safe than sorry, but I'm sure the Z10 will still be supported.

Sent from my Motorola Startac
    09-23-13 04:28 PM
    Mine is going up for sale in a couple of days after I transfer everything off
    of it onto my new phone.

Fred
    09-23-13 04:35 PM
    Why does all people meet good news like bad news if it is about BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    09-23-13 04:58 PM
    Do you enjoy the phone?
    I have only a few problems with the phone. I've been left hanging with abandoned tech before. I'll wait to see if any anouncements are forthcoming regarding plans following sale. Of course, I can believe all of them
    09-23-13 05:15 PM
    The phone will be supported, but if you really are not comfortable with having it then by all means sell.
    09-23-13 05:27 PM
    Why does all people meet good news like bad news if it is about BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    This.

The fact that the company will sell is actually really good. Right now the company is public, you can buy it too, or just buy a share. It's too volatile, and they have to make quarterly financial statements that get hammered by the media.

If they are private they can focus on working without worrying about the media and all that stuff.

Expect good things.

Nissan GTR Channel - C001247FA
    09-23-13 05:32 PM
    I agree with the earlier posts. If you have any doubts, sell it now. If you're unhappy with your phone at its current state, you probably won't be happy in the near future.

I'm happy with my Z10, because I like it for what it does for me today. So regardless of the outcome of this company, it won't affect me negatively. So ask yourself what do you really want in a phone, then ask yourself if Z10 can satisfy those.
    09-23-13 11:23 PM
    Hi....im agreed your point.
    09-23-13 11:37 PM
    I'm sort of hoping they have a fire sale on inventory. I wouldn't mind getting an unlocked Z10 if it is say $100. For one thing, I could hack one Z10 while keeping the other one walking the straight and narrow. I could also get a simcard that works on AT$T just for those few places where T-mobile refuses to roam.

I noticed that IOS7 has a controlled center now, much like the Z10.
    09-23-13 11:53 PM