Recently I contacted @blackberryhelp through twitter regarding my bluetooth & car problem since 10.1.
    After asking me to delete and re-pair (which didn't help), they asked me to contact my provider, so that my provider could contact Blackberry to create a case, as they are the 'customer'...

I do not understand this view... anybody can shed some light?

In my view, I am the Blackberry customer since I chose to buy a blackberry smartphone. I didn't buy it from my provider either...
    The provider is just the company I choose to 'provide' me with cellphone coverage and internet connection... a provider I can switch from to another provider at any second if I wish and still have my blackberry phone...
    In my view, that makes me a blackberry customer, and a customer from my chosen provider at that point in time... the provider, in my view is just there to provide me with call and internet possibility?

Granted, with the previous Blackberry OS, they could probably make such a case as we either needed to be on BES or BIS, but now it's just a regular dataplan...

What if I was in another country when I had this problem? Which provider would they want me to contact then?

Besides, the problem with bluetooth & my car has nothing to do with my provider?
    The provider says it's an error with the Blackberry OS and has nothing to do with their services, and Blackberry sends me back to the provider...

This is poor customer support I think and a completely wrong way to win back the hearts and minds of the 'customers'.
    06-23-13 03:42 PM
    My sarcasm meter is broken today.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BergerKing; 06-23-13 at 03:58 PM.
    06-23-13 03:47 PM
    Remember, report, don't quote the trolls.
    sllock likes this.
    06-23-13 04:03 PM
    So where did you get your phone from? I don't think you can get it straight from blackberry. They use a dealer system. I work for a heavy equipment dealer. Our customers have to go through us to get service. If they call the customer lines at the manufacturer, basically what happens is they tell us what the customers problem is and tell us to call them. It tends to be the way things get done on a dealer system

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 04:05 PM
    Recently I contacted @blackberryhelp through twitter regarding my bluetooth & car problem since 10.1.
    After asking me to delete and re-pair (which didn't help), they asked me to contact my provider, so that my provider could contact Blackberry to create a case, as they are the 'customer'...

In my view, I am the Blackberry customer since I chose to buy a blackberry smartphone. I didn't buy it from my provider either...
    The provider is just the company I choose to 'provide' me with cellphone coverage and internet connection... a provider I can switch from to another provider at any second if I wish and still have my blackberry phone...
    In my view, that makes me a blackberry customer, and a customer from my chosen provider at that point in time... the provider, in my view is just there to provide me with call and internet possibility?

Granted, with the previous Blackberry OS, they could probably make such a case as we either needed to be on BES or BIS, but now it's just a regular dataplan...

What if I was in another country when I had this problem? Which provider would they want me to contact then?

Besides, the problem with bluetooth & my car has nothing to do with my provider?
    The provider says it's an error with the Blackberry OS and has nothing to do with their services, and Blackberry sends me back to the provider...

This is poor customer support I think and a completely wrong way to win back the hearts and minds of the 'customers'.
    Supply and Demand is all I have to say.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 04:06 PM

What the service rep at BlackBerry is saying, is that because they're assuming you purchased your device from your service provider, it's the service providers responsibility to assist you with your claim. In essence, this is true, where part of your billing covers customer service. Now, if you purchased the phone direct from BlackBerry, by ALL means, they should handle your case completely.
    06-23-13 04:09 PM
    Is this just a lame attempt to slam BlackBerry? As chrispdm1 said, if your car has issues you don't call Ford, you call you Ford dealer.
    While it's frustrating if a problem with the OS is the cause of your issue, the overall tone of your post is ludicrous.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 04:23 PM
    I had an issue that I was concerned with and Telus support was more than happy to assist me

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 04:41 PM
    BlackBerry needs to open retail stores like Apple so people don't have to deal with this BS.

Posted via CB10
    Harley Kid and scorepion like this.
    06-23-13 04:48 PM
    Is this just a lame attempt to slam BlackBerry? As chrispdm1 said, if your car has issues you don't call Ford, you call you Ford dealer.
    While it's frustrating if a problem with the OS is the cause of your issue, the overall tone of your post is ludicrous.

Posted via CB10
    I didn't see anything wrong with his post. This is a valid concern in my opinion.
    kevinnugent, ihys, nyallj and 8 others like this.
    06-23-13 05:21 PM
    So where did you get your phone from? I don't think you can get it straight from blackberry. They use a dealer system. I work for a heavy equipment dealer. Our customers have to go through us to get service. If they call the customer lines at the manufacturer, basically what happens is they tell us what the customers problem is and tell us to call them. It tends to be the way things get done on a dealer system

Posted via CB10
    Got my phone from an online store (unlocked mobiles.com).
    Whenever I have problem with any item be it tv, blu-ray, dvd player, printer, or such, on a software level, I have always just contacted the manufacturer to get a fix or hear there is no fix or whatever. The point of sale has nothing to do with the software or drivers...
    Going to the dealer.or store because a driver doesn't work, might be the way to go for some, but i find that plain silly in 2013... and most stores will.just point you to the manufacturer anyway...

Only when there is a hardware problem it's time to go to the place you bought it from to claim the two-year warranty, anything software related tends to be handled by those that created the software. That's how every other company works like as far as I have experienced it?

Maybe it's different in other parts of the world where you can mostly only buy a phone from a provider, but that's not the case where I live. (belgium)

I just disagree completely with Blackberry on this standpoint. A provider never entered into the equation during the sale of the phone.

I'm totally happy with my z10, greatest phone I ever had, but this problem I'm having is frustrating, and the reason why I didn't upgrade my girlfriend's z10 to 10.1 yet :-(

Oh and to the others who seem to think i'm a troll or bashing Blackberry, check your facts before shouting such nonsense.
    Never really used anything but Blackberry as my daily driver and don't plan on changing that, I'm also a shareholder, in for the long run...

Can a man have one point of criticism please?

Swoosh... swiped from my Z10
    drewread likes this.
    06-23-13 05:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    You don't go to the dealer or store if your printer driver doesn't work or if your blu-ray software is acting up , you check with the manufacturer.
    Software updates for my car intertainment system I also don't get from my car dealer ( I suspect he could also deliver that though) but straight from the manufacturer's website.

Or is this something only in the US and Canada maybe?

And yes it is a software problem, a lot of people have posted here already about the z10's working perfectly in the car but not anymore after 10.1

Hoping the official 10.2 fixes it, the leaked 10.2 hasn't :-(

06-23-13 05:52 PM
    Hmmm also didn't think there was anything wrong with this post. Some valid pts here.

Not all non-fanboys are trolls.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by VR6; 06-23-13 at 07:13 PM.
    06-23-13 06:03 PM
    After asking me to delete and re-pair (which didn't help), they asked me to contact my provider, so that my provider could contact Blackberry to create a case, as they are the 'customer'

So, to follow your logic, if you own BMW and it breaks down you call the factory in Bavaria?

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 06:15 PM
    So, to follow your logic, if you own BMW and it breaks down you call the factory in Bavaria?

Posted via CB10
    Totally incomparable, also a BMW cost just a little more :-p

06-23-13 06:20 PM
    Standard contract law. You made a sales contract with the phone aervice provider. There was mutual agreement to be bound and the consideration flowing between both parties is money and a phone. So you are the service provider's customer because of the nature of the contractual relationship.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    icheissesatch likes this.
    06-23-13 06:20 PM
    Standard contract law. You made a sales contract with the phone aervice provider. There was mutual agreement to be bound and the consideration flowing between both parties is money and a phone. So you are the service provider's customer because of the nature of the contractual relationship.

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    No I did not make such a sales contract with the provider, the only agreement I made with him is the contract where he provides me cell coverage and a dataplan (2gig) for whichever phone I choose to use or buy (wherever I please) until such time i choose a different provider or stop paying their monthly invoice ofcourse, no phone is mentioned in any agreement or contract.

This is in Belgium by the way

Edit: so yes I am the service providers costumer, but the phone does not factor in, hell he probably doesn't even know I use a Z10...

06-23-13 06:34 PM
    Let's not forget that it's the same deal at Apple. If you buy an iphone at a vzw store and it breaks and you bring it into an apple store, one of the first questions you're asked is where you bought it. The gripe should be that there aren't any blackberry stores (at least not in the us) so you have no option but to be a customer of your service provider.

Posted via CB10
    06-23-13 06:39 PM
    I think the reason they told you to contact your provider is so you can get free support from BBRY tech.

I've contacted BBRY on several occasions and the rule is that if you contact them directly, they'll charge you a fee for support.

Do it through your provider and it'll be a free support case.

You only need to do this once per incident... once you have an incident case ID you can just call BBRY direct and quote the case ID

Posted via CB10
    scorepion likes this.
    06-23-13 06:46 PM
    Let's not forget that it's the same deal at Apple. If you buy an iphone at a vzw store and it breaks and you bring it into an apple store, one of the first questions you're asked is where you bought it. The gripe should be that there aren't any blackberry stores (at least not in the us) so you have no option but to be a customer of your service provider.

Posted via CB10
    Yes probably the same with apple, but I just disagree with this... for any company that creates consumer products, cars not included, that's a breed apart for which you need your dealer on a regular basis.

When I had a problem with my digital reflex camera, I didn't go to the 'dealer' where I bought it, I contacted nikon directly and they fixed the problem without any fuss... they didnt tell me to go to the dealer... they just want a happy user of their product.

That's what I think Blackberry should also do. It would show they care about their users ( not saying customers for now :-))
    I find this normal, but it looks like that is not the norm in other countries, so be it but I can disagree with that policy and still love my Z10...

06-23-13 06:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    Not to pick on you specifically, as everyone else in this thread is making the same mistake, the op did NOT buy their phone from a carrier and this is why there is a problem. The carrier won't help because they did not sell the device. BB won't help because they let the phone venders handle issues with the products.

The only recourse left for the op is the retailer that sold the phone.

Good luck with that.

Desktops and laptops are a good example here. When a bug is found, the user is usually directed to a website of the manufacturer or software provider so that a fix can be downloaded.
    scorepion likes this.
    06-23-13 06:56 PM
    Unless BlackBerry has a service center where you are, that's probably the best thing they can do after trying to help you out with the reset, etc. I'm assuming you don't have a BlackBerry service center there.. if you do, just go there directly. if you don't, I can understand your frustration, I can also understand the support not having access to the phone and have the freedom to do whatever is needed, it could still be either hardware or software so the next best thing is to send you to wherever you bought the phone from. Unfortunately because the standard way of getting BlackBerry phones is from 'providers', that's the standard direction they'll send people.

Have you told BlackBerry that you didn't get it from a provider? Or maybe you've contacted the store you bought it from? Just wondering if you got the help you needed.. because that's the more important thing here..

I think they do see us as their customers though, otherwise they wouldn't open service centers like they did in a few countries (including where i live).

And for all the discussion here about who to contact seems to not be talking about the same thing.. some who keeps saying it makes sense to contact the manufacturer directly keels talking about software problems and the opposite seems to have hardware in mind. LOL.. everyone has their preference on who to contact. I personally go to service centers for my car most of the time so that's 'direct' to manufacturer in a way.. i actually called the manufacturer of my fridge instead of the store I bought it from when I had problems with it and they sent someone over. But I contact my provider for troubles with the Samsung set top box they provided me with instead of calling Samsung directly. It's different for everyone... let's just accept our differences.

Posted via CB10
    scorepion likes this.
    06-23-13 06:59 PM
    I see nothing trolly about this post. The op is addressing an actual issue that BlackBerry has and that is poor customer service. I've had to deal with them on numerous occasions and have rarely been impressed with the end result. I get better technical support from these forums than I do BlackBerry.
    Before I get a bunch of hate mail, let me state that I have been with BlackBerry since day one and always upgrade before my contract is up, I love BlackBerry products and as long as they are available I will probably use one.
    BlackBerry really needs to focus more on better customer service, regardless of whether they think it's their problem or not, we are still their customers. Without us they would have been gone a long time ago, so they need to make us feel appreciated!
    As for comparing them to car dealerships, come on, really? If there was actually a BlackBerry Dealership then maybe but there is not so get real. A more relevant comparison would be like if you buy a pair of Nike shoes from Foot Locker. Foot Locker would take care of any issues for up to 60 days after that you have to contact Nike themselves and they will look after you.
    Bottom line is BlackBerry should look after us the best they can,without us they are nothing.

Posted via CB10
    scorepion likes this.
    06-23-13 07:08 PM
    BlackBerry needs to open retail stores like Apple so people don't have to deal with this BS.

Posted via CB10
    They did... in Dubai...
    06-23-13 07:10 PM
    If you bought it from a store try returning it to them they will make a case or something with BlackBerry or from the middleman they got it from so on and so forth.

Much simpler that way.

I hope you have the warranty.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    06-23-13 07:20 PM
41 12