I THINK but am not sure that this may have started when I was on vacation and set up bedside mode to avoid any "noise" (notifications) at night to disturb others. So this has been happening for a few weeks now. When I check the hub in the morning when I awake, around 6, 6:15am, there are NO new items showing after about midnight. If I hit the Overflow (more) menu and Press REFRESH, a series of email from different accounts as well a BBM messages will quickly flow in. These will have times from the middle of the night. I am not sure if they would automatically resume at some time if I just did not Refresh myself.

But I have looked and don't see any settings that should be persistent if I do NOT use Bedside mode. I do not turn on bedside mode at night. I just plug it into a charger overnight. (the Playbook charger, if that makes any difference - sold as the premium charger for the phones). Is there some Setting I've missed? I've looked over Notifications, various Hub settings and Clock settings and don't see any but I may have missed something.

Oh, the phone has been restarted a number of times (both Vol buttons until blue logo).

I don't think that I have any 3rd party apps that control this type of behavior.

Suggestions?

(next I'll ask how to use a Mouse to Swipe word suggestions on the keyboard!!!)

oh, z10-4 (verizon), 10.2.1.2141 or 10.2.1.2102
    Last edited by F2; 04-23-14 at 09:33 AM.
    04-23-14 09:19 AM
    F2 do you have bebuzz or Hub++?
    They have profiles which control this.
    04-23-14 09:55 AM
    F2 do you have bebuzz or Hub++?
    They have profiles which control this.
    No, never had them.

I did have some 3rd party app that could control behavior "at time" but it has been gone for ages. Can't even recall which one. But I don't think it stopped RETRIEVAL, merely the sounds. In my case, it appears that NO email, bbm, etc is retrieved during those hours. (does Verizon have such a service that I'm not aware of?)

I do use OnLocation but it only Silences/vibrates/etc and does not stop the flow of stuff.
    04-23-14 10:07 AM