b320, I got to thank you pal. This is awesome, I finally got this thing like it was when I first unboxed it for the very first time. Love at first sight all over again, again thanks a million, this helped a lot.
    02-16-13 12:55 AM
    b320, I got to thank you pal. This is awesome, I finally got this thing like it was when I first unboxed it for the very first time. Love at first sight all over again, again thanks a million, this helped a lot.
    Sure thing. Don't be so trigger happy with battery pulls and remember to charge before security wipes and OS updates. If your device acts up, use the Restart option instead of battery pull. Enjoy your BlackBerry 10 device!
    02-16-13 01:16 AM
    Remember ladies, always wipe front to back.
    02-16-13 01:21 AM
    Hi guys, my very first post here and glad to see I wasn't the only person who pulled the battery during a wipe after purchasing.

I've tried the steps provided to get it working again but am stuck on one particular problem - my laptop will not recognize when my Z10 is plugged into it. I hear the computer sound when I plug it in but then it makes the disconnect sound shortly after. The icon does show up in the drop down menu. I've tried two different laptops and two different USB cables, but the system never recognizes it. Both laptops are PCs and I don't know anyone with a Mac so I can't try that.

Any ideas as to what the problem may be or what I could try to at least get my laptop to recognize it when it's plugged in? I'm dying to jump into this phone.
    02-18-13 03:40 PM
    Quick update. I switched to my sister's Dell computer and used Windows to install BB Link (this is vital to making it happen). Followed the steps and the new items that showed up were the Check for Updates page. Make sure the Z10 is on with the icons showing and then the update will show. I now have the green light on and the software update going at 10% completion.

So for tech ***** like me who know zilch follow the instructions on the KB but make sure you have an updated Windows Explorer as I believe that is why my initial computer did not load it up. If I get to 100% and it works I'm going to be quite thrilled.
    02-18-13 04:41 PM
    Quick update. I switched to my sister's Dell computer and used Windows to install BB Link (this is vital to making it happen). Followed the steps and the new items that showed up were the Check for Updates page. Make sure the Z10 is on with the icons showing and then the update will show. I now have the green light on and the software update going at 10% completion.

So for tech ***** like me who know zilch follow the instructions on the KB but make sure you have an updated Windows Explorer as I believe that is why my initial computer did not load it up. If I get to 100% and it works I'm going to be quite thrilled.
    We will be too. Let us know what happened.
    02-19-13 06:18 AM
    Well i bought a z10 the owner did a security wipe before he sold it to me all you get is a sign to connect to desktop. Well so i did and apparently link manager does not support a restore feature for z10 yet? what huh oh well abit of research i found out you can restore the latest software update with a utility below there is a workaround for the moment provided by blackberry. But this is just a warning to people who are going to security wipe their handsets be prepared

KB33480-Reloading a BlackBerry 10 smartphone after an interrupted security wipe
    I did a security wipe on my without any issue,now what it tells you before you proceed to not touch the phone at ALL and needs to be plug in as well, if you don't follow those steps you will be loosing everything.
    b320 likes this.
    02-19-13 06:28 AM
    I'm having troubles going through the KB33480 method of recovery. The updater won't reinstall the software. After resetting my phone when prompted, it just goes right back to "There are no BlackBerry Device Software updates available." I get the same results from both BB Link and the workaround on the Blackberry updates site.

This is driving me insane.
    02-21-13 07:25 PM
    Skimmed the above and didn't see a clear description of this yet, aside from the "be patient, can take a while" posts...

I did a wipe and it sat on the "in progress" screen for a very long time. Enough that I started asking around to find others who had done it, and googled for it. Fortunately someone told me theirs had taken over 20 minutes, so I continued waiting.

I didn't time it from start to finish, but I know from various records (IRC chat logs etc) that it took over 34 minutes. Not much over, but a long time for sure, and with no progress indicator to show amount complete or time left.

It's not the best user experience (yet) but it does complete, eventually. Also in case it affects the time: my 16GB had been basically filled... under 1GB free. If some are getting much closer to 15 minutes, maybe it depends on how much data you've stuffed into the filesystem.
    02-21-13 07:33 PM
    I'm having troubles going through the KB33480 method of recovery. The updater won't reinstall the software. After resetting my phone when prompted, it just goes right back to "There are no BlackBerry Device Software updates available." I get the same results from both BB Link and the workaround on the Blackberry updates site.

This is driving me insane.
    I believe there is only a short Window in which you have to start the downloading process. When you see your device, start the downloading process right away.

I also thought they just updated the blackberry link program to assist with this now. Make sure you have the most up to date version.
    02-21-13 08:13 PM
    I did a security wipe and no issues loaded up like it came out if the box.

Posted via CB10, BB10, Z10
    02-21-13 09:14 PM
    Wow, I did a security wipe - then had to restore from a 1 hour old backup - what fun I'm having.... None of the icons from downloaded Blackberry World apps respond at all. And I just received three SMSs from my wife - ALL from different contacts!!! I know she wrote the messages, but they all appear to be from different people in my contacts. This is super WEIRD.
    02-26-13 10:51 PM
    So I think Im having this issue (my thread here)

but my problem is about halfway through downloading the first part of the update it tells me "there was an error updating your software. unspecified occur has occured" and thus it wont update! I tried twice. Perhaps its because the phone is not on a full charge??

EDIT: so I tried the simpliest way- using link on my imac and it restored the os fine.. odd..
    Last edited by austriker; 02-28-13 at 11:52 PM.
    02-28-13 11:03 PM
    guys just a quick question... I'm doing a wipe right now... had about 40% battery left. I plugged it into the wall and did the wipe... it went thru the "security wipe in progress.." screen. I haven't been really watching it or timing it for that matter... but now the screen is black and the led fades to red, yellow, red then to black... What's it doing? Do I power it on? is it done? or did I screw it up?
    03-11-13 12:45 AM
    So I was one of the dumb people that pulled out their battery during a security wipe. Now the phone wont turn on. All i get is a flashing red light if i hold down the top button for 10+ seconds. It will only flash once and maybe again in another 10 secs or so. My computers, 2 desktops and a laptop, will not recognize the phone being plugged in. I have also tried to leave the phone plugged into the wall but that does not seem to work as well. Any ideas besides returning the phone?

Thanks.

Update: got the computer to recognize the phone for about 10 secs.. progress!
    Last edited by jlumsden349; 03-15-13 at 05:10 PM.
    03-15-13 04:39 PM
    I done a security wipe twice and twice it bricked my phone,.. there is certainly some risk involving this, I recommend anyone doing a wipe to do it from your PC with Blackberry Link with your phone plugged into your PC not from the device itself. Seems to work great for me from PC.
    03-15-13 05:34 PM
    So I was one of the dumb people that pulled out their battery during a security wipe. Now the phone wont turn on. All i get is a flashing red light if i hold down the top button for 10+ seconds. It will only flash once and maybe again in another 10 secs or so. My computers, 2 desktops and a laptop, will not recognize the phone being plugged in. I have also tried to leave the phone plugged into the wall but that does not seem to work as well. Any ideas besides returning the phone?

Thanks.

Update: got the computer to recognize the phone for about 10 secs.. progress!
    Pull the battery and connect the BlackBerry Z10 To your computer and launch BlackBerry Link. You should see an update option at some point. If this fails, contact BlackBerry Technical Support @ 1-877-225-2377, I think is the correct telephone number for Canada and the United States of America.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    03-16-13 12:38 AM
    Wow, I did a security wipe - then had to restore from a 1 hour old backup - what fun I'm having.... None of the icons from downloaded Blackberry World apps respond at all. And I just received three SMSs from my wife - ALL from different contacts!!! I know she wrote the messages, but they all appear to be from different people in my contacts. This is super WEIRD.
    You need to reinstall the apps you've downloaded from BB world in oder to use them again. Go to BB World, then into "my apps and games," and look under the "available" category. You should see them there.

JB
    03-17-13 02:40 PM
    I have done a security wipe a couple of times without using a PC and it was fine. Just give it time, 10-15 minutes is not usual. I have done this a couple of time already to solve some stability issues.

Do not pull the battery as long as it has the security wipe logo on the screen. Be patient and you will be fine.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 03:34 PM
    Just hoping to jump in here with a Security wipe question. When you do a security wipe it deletes all your installed apps right? In case I have to do this again.

Is there a way to backup your installed app arrangement as to quickly return your device to its previous state after its been wiped dry?

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 12:08 AM
    using the autoloader worked for me.
    03-21-13 02:13 PM
    just wiped my z10,took a while but got there in the end ..absolutely no issues at all .slow to complete but finished now installed updates ,very good easy operation success...
    03-24-13 06:10 AM
    Dear Sir, I purchased by BB Z10 from Doha Qatar yesterday and this morning while performing SECURITY WIPE with Charger plugged in, I found that the devide is stuck with a loga (USB, MONITOR & MOBILE) on the screen. Please help. I tried RELOAD using Blackberry Link but It does not detects my device. I also downloaded the Autoload.10.0.10.261.0x8400240a.0x8500240a.0x87002 40a.exe but it also did not worked, i attached a pic of it, somebody please help me to overcome this error.
    My Z 10 Model No and Hardware ID as below.
    BlackBerry Z10 (STL100-1) 4002607
    NOW IN INDIA
    05-20-13 01:38 PM
    Hi, Does security wipe clear all the media files such as photos and videos from phone ? thanks!!
    07-01-13 07:27 AM
    Hi, can anyone let me know that does security wipe can clear all the media files such as photos and video files from mobile ?
    thanks guys...PEACE
    07-01-13 07:31 AM
103 12345