Following a security wipe, I can now not complete set up because I cannot connect to wifi. My setting show
    that the phone is connected to my network, but goes on the check connection and says no connection. This same devices was connected to this network prior to the wipe.

I have another Z10 and laptop as well as 2 playbooks connected to this wifi connection, all with no
    problems at all.

Suggestions?
    PS. I have no cell service in my home. I need to go out in the driveway or on the deck to get service.
    Last edited by Bisboxer; 02-02-14 at 07:47 AM. Reason: more info
    02-02-14 07:46 AM
    Hi bisboxer,
    have you tried to power it down (long press on top pwer button) and start over ?
    Used to solve this exact problem previously on one of my devices.

edit: forgot to mention I strongly suggest you power on/off your router in the meantime before your restart your Z10.

Cheers
    SF
    02-02-14 07:50 AM
    Thanks SF......tried your suggestions, no luck. I am thinking about going to my daughters to try connecting to her network. That should tell me if its the phone or my network. Strange that it shows in the settings as connected but it won't actually connect. I did a backup prior to the wipe, but have to get through the set up before I can restore. Frustrating.

"this network appears to have limited internet access as some websites are unreachable. To fully access the internet connect to another network."
    Yet it shows in settings as connected. And all other devices connected are working great.
    02-02-14 08:09 AM
    Try change your wifi password to 10 digit and reconnect again

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 08:20 AM
    Thanks SF......tried your suggestions, no luck. I am thinking about going to my daughters to try connecting to her network. That should tell me if its the phone or my network. Strange that it shows in the settings as connected but it won't actually connect. I did a backup prior to the wipe, but have to get through the set up before I can restore. Frustrating.

"this network appears to have limited internet access as some websites are unreachable. To fully access the internet connect to another network."
    Yet it shows in settings as connected. And all other devices connected are working great.
    You're most welcome.
    If you're paired ok with your Wifi but can't get data it's more likely a router-side problem.
    In addition to usman suggestion, I'd suggest you try (if available) to re-pair using WPS ... or manually if you previously used WPS.
    Let us know !
    02-02-14 08:29 AM
    You lost me there. too technical for me.
    02-02-14 08:53 AM
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I have no idea how to do this.
    02-02-14 08:54 AM
    Have you tried change wifi password?

Posted via CB10
    02-02-14 08:55 AM
    Ok, first, the meaning of the message you have is that you're correctly connected to your router but it cannot access to the internet.
    Can you currently browse the internet with another wifi/wired device connected on the same router (aka your "internet box")?

second, it worse a try to connect your Z10 using an automatic procedure that will gather all the informations from your router. This procedure is called WPS (wifi protected setup) and you have to perform 2 things to make it happen.

1/ On your router, you have a button dedicated to that (generally an antenna + waves symbol or a WPS label), press it until there's a led (generally blue) blinking.
    2/ On the setup when asked about wifi password, you have an icon at the bottom (hide the keyboard if raised : long press the space bar) that will allow the WPS pairing. Hit it and follow procedure.

I suspect 1/ will reveal you have an internet "outage" right now ...
    02-02-14 09:13 AM
    Thanks SF for taking the time to try to help me. First, I currently have laptop, a playbook, and my other Z10 connected via this wifi connection. All devices are connecting properly to the internet and working perfectly.

I have no cell service in my house. I live in a rural location. My ISP is Bell, using a gateway.2wire.net modem/router. There is no button anywhere on the modem.
    02-02-14 09:36 AM
    Well, I must admit I'm now dry ...
    (edit : suggestion wasn't related to your problem - deleted)
    Hopefully some other folks will jump in to give you more advices ... time for me to feel the sun on my skin before dawn (it's almots 5PM here).
    Good luck !
    SF
    Bisboxer likes this.
    02-02-14 09:51 AM
    Since you have a backup of your phone, and a working computer, have you thought about installing 10.2.1.1925 via a downloaded leak from this web site. Might just solve the problem. Worth a shot since you cannot finish setup without wifi.
    02-02-14 10:00 AM
    Since you have a backup of your phone, and a working computer, have you thought about installing 10.2.1.1925 via a downloaded leak from this web site. Might just solve the problem. Worth a shot since you cannot finish setup without wifi.
    99% sure he'll have to perform the setup, even with a leak ... so this won't help, IMHO.
    Bisboxer likes this.
    02-02-14 10:08 AM
    Disagree. The autoloader should reset the phone and install the software, regardless of whether the phone has been "set up". Still, worth a try, don't you think?
    02-02-14 11:20 AM
    Disagree. The autoloader should reset the phone and install the software, regardless of whether the phone has been "set up". Still, worth a try, don't you think?
    it will install the software, then you will need to go through the wole setup process, including wifi, so no, I don't think it's better as such. (Yet, sould we believe there a file corruption problem (I don't think so regarding what has been described) then yes, it could help.)

Add to this Bisboxer doesn't seem to be very comfortanle with tech related practices, sending him to the leak track may probably be more harmful than simply trying on her daughter's Wifi as he suggested : I do suggest this as a start !
    02-02-14 12:19 PM
    I am going to try connecting to another network, at a friends place ......if I get connected I can finish the setup and then restore my backup. I am guessing this is a problem with router, but as everything else is working ok I hesitate to mess with it. I will let you know how I make out. Thanks so much everyone for trying to help.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-02-14 01:49 PM
    I was able to connect to friend's wifi network and finish setup. I then did a restore using the backup which I created just prior to the wipe. At the time of the backup this Z10 was working great on my wifi network. It will still not connect even though it shows as connected. I now know that it is a router problem, but still have no clue how to solve it.
    02-03-14 02:04 PM
    Glad to see at least your device is now functional. Problem is its very difficult to diagnose a wifi router problem...
    I'm on CB10 right now, but I'll check if I can find some threads about it an will update.
    In the meantime, try to use the search function if the forum with the keywords " WIFI Z10 no data" or equivalent... you may find howto's...
    Cheers
    SF

Edit: as a start, delete the actual wifi connexion on your Z10.
    Therefore, go into settings / network and connexions and disable wifi then tap the "saved" icon at the bottom of the screen, press and hold any connections that is not your daughter's and delete it in the contextual menu.

Turn off your Z10. Turn off your box. Wait 1 minute both off. Start the box and wait until you can access Internet with another device. Start your Z10 and go back to wifi settings and start over...
    Crossing fingers, GL!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 02-03-14 at 02:44 PM.
    02-03-14 02:31 PM
    Following a security wipe, I can now not complete set up because I cannot connect to wifi. My setting show
    that the phone is connected to my network, but goes on the check connection and says no connection. This same devices was connected to this network prior to the wipe.

I have another Z10 and laptop as well as 2 playbooks connected to this wifi connection, all with no
    problems at all.

Suggestions?
    PS. I have no cell service in my home. I need to go out in the driveway or on the deck to get service.
    Create a guest ssid with no security and see if it connects.

BlackBerry Since 2006. Rogers Halifax, NS - Official 10.2.1
    02-03-14 04:04 PM