Ok I did a security wipe on my Z10 before I installed 10.1 Official OS from Rogers.

I must say WOW it took over 45 mins for the security wipe to finish and then I had to Turn it On after it was done.

Then i had to install the 10.1 OS, well that took a bit of time.

Just letting ppl know that a security wipe can take a long time depending on how many apps you have on the device and how big they are, i had over 100 apps installed and some were HUGE games downloaded, so it took a long time.

I always do a Factory Reset on any devices i own before i ever do a major OS update, i just never did this on the Z10 yet until today.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    05-14-13 12:16 PM
    Ok I did a security wipe on my Z10 before I installed 10.1 Official OS from Rogers.

I must say WOW it took over 45 mins for the security wipe to finish and then I had to Turn it On after it was done.

Then i had to install the 10.1 OS, well that took a bit of time.

Just letting ppl know that a security wipe can take a long time depending on how many apps you have on the device and how big they are, i had over 100 apps installed and some were HUGE games downloaded, so it took a long time.

I always do a Factory Reset on any devices i own before i ever do a major OS update, i just never did this on the Z10 yet until today.
    Thank you for this information. I mistyped a device password to use for developmental mode to sideload a bar file . My phone went to a security wipe and I am still waiting for the chance to setup my email again and sync my contacts, calendar and add back my apps.

I have about 40 apps. So maybe under an hour from what you said.
    Thanks for the info!!!!
    05-15-13 07:27 PM
    Yeah it takes some time. The guys at work like to play this game where they enter a wrong password 9 of the 10 times, talk about typing under pressure. So for fun, we do it to the iPhones and it locks the device from use for a set time the more times you enter the wrong code. Its actually a pretty clever design, the first 6 wrong attempts locks the device for 1 minute, the next time it locks for 5 minutes, then 15 and so on increasing the lock time until after something like 1.5 hours it will finally wipe it if you keep trying the wrong code. It will at least prevent people from purposely wiping your device quickly....
    05-15-13 07:38 PM