STL100-1 on 10.2.1.2915 released today on Airtel India
    Phone became very slow so I did a security wipe... Its been almost three hours now and the phone is still on the shredder screen... I am not sure whats going on... can someone help please?
    05-30-14 01:42 PM
    Let it finish. Last security wipe I did took 3hrs, and read others doing a full night. Not doing security wipes anymore. The first time I did it, took 15 minutes.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 01:44 PM
    Let it finish. Last security wipe I did took 3hrs, and read others doing a full night. Not doing security wipes anymore. The first time I did it, took 15 minutes.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks... I will try and keep it plugged into the power and wait... While I watch Kill Bill Vol II. Lets hope it finishes by then
    05-30-14 01:49 PM
    Done... back up and running...

Posted via CB10
    FF22, anon(3950127) and nightridah like this.
    05-30-14 03:13 PM
    How long did it fully take?
    05-30-14 03:57 PM
    About 4 hours from start to finish... I am just about done loading all the apps back

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 04:18 PM
    I would say 5

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    05-30-14 04:19 PM
    I'd have passed out if it took more than the usual 30 minutes to perform a security wipe. Glad you've got that sorted out. Maybe no more security wipes for you.

Posted via CB10
    bhrgvr likes this.
    05-30-14 04:30 PM
    I did yesterday after update it takes 1hr
    05-30-14 08:22 PM
    I'd have passed out if it took more than the usual 30 minutes to perform a security wipe. Glad you've got that sorted out. Maybe no more security wipes for you.

Posted via CB10
    I did almost. It never took me so long before. But I guess each unit is unique. My old 9860 used to get done in 20 minutes... I am not doing anymore wipes hopefully.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 08:56 PM
    It takes approximately 7 minutes on my Windows Phone and about 10 or less on my Samsung S4. When I switched last month to my white Z10, I performed a hard reset after the new update. I thought it would take about 10 minutes or less so when I hit the 20 minutes mark, I was already going berserk .
    You can imagine how relieved I felt when I saw the glorious BlackBerry logo. I've done a security wipe about twice since then, timed it and it took about 29 minutes for me.

Posted via CB10
    bhrgvr likes this.
    05-31-14 08:43 AM
    It takes approximately 7 minutes on my Windows Phone and about 10 or less on my Samsung S4. When I switched last month to my white Z10, I performed a hard reset after the new update. I thought it would take about 10 minutes or less so when I hit the 20 minutes mark, I was already going berserk .
    You can imagine how relieved I felt when I saw the glorious BlackBerry logo. I've done a security wipe about twice since then, timed it and it took about 29 minutes for me.

Posted via CB10
    I guess the wipe is really a wipe... wiped clean of everything I believe... I am not sure what goes on behind the wipe screen but I think it should take not more than 20 minutes, from the typing of the password to the first screen after the logo. But I am relieved that I have my phone works even if it took about 4 hours to get the BlackBerry logo.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 07:17 AM
    I guess the wipe is really a wipe... wiped clean of everything I believe... I am not sure what goes on behind the wipe screen but I think it should take not more than 20 minutes, from the typing of the password to the first screen after the logo. But I am relieved that I have my phone works even if it took about 4 hours to get the BlackBerry logo.

Posted via CB10
    Someone may know the real method but I can only guess that it is writing a bunch of 1's and 0's or some such, doing a Defense Dept wipe of all the contents.
    06-01-14 12:27 PM
    I guess the length of time for a hard reset depends on the number of apps/memory space. Just a guess. I only install needed apps and a few games but a total of not more than 10 apps. Probably, your phone was loaded with stuffs

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 02:22 PM
    I remember when I got my z10. I got it used and after I checked it out to make sure it was working the guy started the security wipe on it. I was sooooooo anxious to use it. I had been wanting this phone for a long time (since it was announced) and when I finally got it, i had to wait about 2 hours to even use it!! It was the longest two hours. I watched a movie and kept looking at the screen. But when it was done and I was typing in my BlackBerry ID, I knew then it was MINE!

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 02:55 PM
    I remember when I got my z10. I got it used and after I checked it out to make sure it was working the guy started the security wipe on it. I was sooooooo anxious to use it. I had been wanting this phone for a long time (since it was announced) and when I finally got it, i had to wait about 2 hours to even use it!! It was the longest two hours. I watched a movie and kept looking at the screen. But when it was done and I was typing in my BlackBerry ID, I knew then it was MINE!

Posted via CB10
    Wonder why he had to hard reset a new phone. I understand how you felt but 2 hours is torture. Especially since you had been waiting to get your hands on a unit.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 03:26 PM

Posted via CB10
    I know that feeling ha ha

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3175
    06-01-14 04:17 PM