I have a personal z10 that I use for work. They just subsidize my pay. But recently the IT guy added a work based email account on my phone. The settings say that the IT settings for the email requires a device password.

This is not an issue. My issue is if the server can require a password does this in any way mean they(work) could remote access my phone and see my personal stuff?

Thou art posted from z10
    02-26-14 08:25 AM
    Do you have anything interesting on it?

Posted via CB from my LE
    02-26-14 08:38 AM
    Everything I do is interesting. Duh...

Thou art posted from z10
    02-26-14 08:44 AM
    Everything I do is interesting. Duh...

Thou art posted from z10
    Haha hmm, I asked a few folks at work this morning but couldn't get a straight answer I can commit to for you.

The general agreement is it depends on how they set up your device. If they just added the email your pretty safe. If it was moved onto BES they will have a bigger vantage point.

Posted via CB from my LE
    02-26-14 09:45 AM
    Well they pretty much just set it up. Didn't even have to hard connect or even gather any actual device information. So I imagine I'm safe. Maybe I'll start doing something they'd frown upon just to see if they give me a response.

Thou art posted from z10
    02-26-14 10:01 AM