I've noticed this problem ever since I got the z10 last year. I thought it was just a bug but it still doesn't work. So I'm wondering if it's just me or I'm not doing it right.

The problem is that the search by sender option is almost the same as search by subject in some cases. Search by sender should be searching for the senders email address which would bring up everything from that sender. Instead it seems to search by the senders name which I feel isn't as accurate as their email address. Depending on the sender, sometimes the name will have multiple words that can also filter in other emails that were not from the sender I'm searching for. I guess I understand how technically it IS searching by sender but I feel it could be so much better.

None of my previous blackberry phones had this problem.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a simple workaround for searching by email except to actually type in the email address. Can't even copy the sender's email address easily.

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 01:04 AM
    Hi there, not experiencing this at all, which firmware are you running? is this EAS? or IMAP or pop?
    02-19-14 12:26 AM
    Hi there, not experiencing this at all, which firmware are you running? is this EAS? or IMAP or pop?

It's not just email. It does it even when you search for something like text messages. Not that this would be useful for text messages but when you search by sender on a text message from someone. It puts into the search field First Last (mobile). Which won't bring up anything since it should search by their name only. By including the part (mobile) or (home), it brings no results. You would have to delete that part and leave their name.

The email accounts are gmail but I don't think that has to do with it.

So when you do search by sender, what shows in the search field?

Posted via CB10
    02-23-14 04:42 PM