Anyone want to try an experiment?
    With wife sharing?

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 09:35 AM
    Thanks for all the comments so far. Entertaining for sure. (I wonder how many other times I've sent a message with "Wife" instead of "Wifi"!)

Anyway, anyone interested in the actual problem? It's a major bummer that wifi sharing crashes the device.
    04-05-13 09:36 AM
    Man the title sure had me scratching my head??

No I'm not talking the one down below either!!

This page gets more interesting everyday!!
    04-05-13 09:39 AM
    Was there any big files? I cause I know at FAT32, the max size is 4 gig. And it did crash my device when I tried a bigger file but using BlackBerry link.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 09:40 AM
    you are odd... oddboy :-)
    04-05-13 09:41 AM
    no, no large files... documents, pictures (some of my wife, but i'm not sharing those!), music. no movies, nothing even remotely close to 4 GB.
    04-05-13 09:43 AM
    Not up for any experiments involving wife sharing. I just don't think that approaching SWMBO with this idea would end well...

This thread has certainly lightened the mood.

Ole Rumpole couldn't have said it better himself.
    niss63 likes this.
    04-05-13 09:49 AM
    I'm posting because of the title

Sent from my WhiteBerry Z10
    04-05-13 10:34 AM
    LMAO... yup the title is the best!!!!!
    04-05-13 10:38 AM
    Does it always reset when copying the same file?
    04-05-13 10:41 AM
    Now that is a great title to a thread if i ever saw one lol.

Kinda like every Apple product I have bought though, once you get into it it dissappoints lol.
    04-05-13 12:11 PM
    Hey gang,

Decided to format my 64 GB card to clean up the files folders. Backed up the data to my computer, formatted the card on my z10, and tried to copy the data back to the z10 over wifi sharing.

After about10 seconds, the device rebooted itself. Tried again, several times, same result.

Note that media card encryption is enabled.

I can make the z10 crash at will now doing this.

What's Weirs is that I copied the data off the device by the same means, using wifi sharing, and it copied 18 GB over wifi no problem. It's only when writing data back over wifi that this reboot occurs.

Ended up disabling encryption, formatting the card, moving the card to my pc with a card reader, restoring the data and putting the card back into my z10.

Anyone want to try an experiment?
    I've had a very similar experience. I had media card encryption enabled, was trying to copy and sync files from PC to Z10 and the Z10 would reboot every time. Even afterward, the Z10 was rebooting on my nightstand after I had given up trying to sync files. After the last reboot, the Z10 said the memory card had been removed. I thought about the computer still being on and the possibility the sync reqest was still active in Link and the computer wast still communicating with the Z10, so I shut the computer of. In the mean time I also re-formatted the media card in the Z10. The rebooting stopped.

While reading the spontaneous rebooting threads I saw some references to media card encryption, so I have since turned off media card encryption, but haven't tried moving files or sync'ing again yet.
    04-05-13 12:31 PM
    I nominate this for thread of the year!

Ooh! Are we going to see a lot more representation from BlackBerry on damnyouautocorrect.com now??
    04-05-13 01:30 PM
    I've had a very similar experience. I had media card encryption enabled, was trying to copy and sync files from PC to Z10 and the Z10 would reboot every time. Even afterward, the Z10 was rebooting on my nightstand after I had given up trying to sync files. After the last reboot, the Z10 said the memory card had been removed. I thought about the computer still being on and the possibility the sync reqest was still active in Link and the computer wast still communicating with the Z10, so I shut the computer of. In the mean time I also re-formatted the media card in the Z10. The rebooting stopped.

While reading the spontaneous rebooting threads I saw some references to media card encryption, so I have since turned off media card encryption, but haven't tried moving files or sync'ing again yet.
    I have since copied some files from PC to Z10 over wifi with encryption off and it worked fine, no rebooting.
    04-07-13 08:16 AM
    I can take your wife of your hands . Where do I pick her up
    05-01-13 06:01 PM
40 12