Hello
    My z10 seems to auto format my Sd card in its own.
    It sees the files as in the album art but says error 10.
    Also I do put it includes us mass storage.

I tried loading on card thru a card loader and the the use cable. And thru the software

I have not gotten to the point of ruling out what method is possiblely causing this issue, but I know I do not like loading thru the software.

Some times it stay on the card but wondered if this I a problem that has been occurring to any one else.
    Thank you

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 06:11 AM
    Oh also It occurred to me that the issue may my fault if in the settings I have the "link" turned on

And I forgot to mention the is mass storage will turn it self off.

Couldn't find this answer the any searching either.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 06:14 AM
    Could you sd card be the problem? You might want to specify the OS you are using and the brand of sd card.
    10-21-13 09:27 AM
    Not sure what you mean by "auto-formatting". But a couple of thoughts: what is the size of the SD card? I believe there is some limit to the size that will work in the Z10. Also, are you doing any battery pulls? Someone on another forum was having issues with his SD card and was gleefully doing battery pulls. I suspect his SD card was in the middle of a read/write process when he yanked the battery. The "general" cure for a messed-up DS card, however, is to reformat it inside the phone.
    10-21-13 10:30 AM
    i will get another sim card to try
    actually i didnt consider that
    thanks
    10-21-13 10:51 AM
    Yeah we need more info. I've managed to get a 64 GB card to work. I've heard of people getting a 128 GB to work.

The best solution is to backup anything you don't wanna lose from the card and from within the phone's settings, format the card. You can then put anything you want back on it.

As for mass storage mode, that turns off every time you power down or reboot the phone I believe. I don't think it's persistent. It also should only be used when plugged in to a computer. I don't believe it has any other use than to be able to drag and drop files.

9700 - 9900 - Z10
    10-21-13 10:54 AM
    ok so what was happening it was leaving the folders on the card but nothing would copy too them
    i appreciate the help i really do!
    when i get home tonight ill try a different card, format it in the phone and see.
    10-21-13 10:56 AM
    hay so it was a micro SD card that some how "died"
    wasnt that old and i didnt think these are the kind of things that "breal" but hay i got a new card back in action
    thanks everyone
    10-23-13 03:43 PM
    Flash memory is such a toss up. They can last a lifetime or be broken right out the box. If you have the receipt, and if it's within the warranty period, I'd take the broken card back.

9700 ~ 9900 ~ Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791
    10-23-13 03:50 PM