Anyone know which SD cards are good and cheap? The one I currently have is acting like a hoe and keeps on corrupting my media files. So any suggestions would be nice .

Wagwan.
    03-31-13 07:11 PM
    name brand ones.

ive used Lexmark and Kingston so far.

I had a no name one before and it was horrible. wasted 40.00 on it.
    03-31-13 07:13 PM
    Anyone know which SD cards are good and cheap? The one I currently have is acting like a hoe and keeps on corrupting my media files. So any suggestions would be nice .

Wagwan.
    I just bought a 64gig SanDisk one yesterday for $60 at Best Buy and it came with the SD card adapter. So far so good
    shai404 likes this.
    03-31-13 07:14 PM
    I use class 10 cards exclusively. I have had good experiences with Patriot cards and the price can't be beat.

Posted via CB10
    YYZ_AKS likes this.
    03-31-13 07:14 PM
    IMO. Sometimes good and cheap are not in the same sentence. SanDisk makes a good product and any class 10 card is a good one from them.

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 07:15 PM
    According to my pro photographer buddy, most reputable brands are SanDisk and Panasonic. Kingston seems to have a good rep too.

I watch/hunt for best sales of the "good" brands vs buying the absolute cheapest.

This is how you CB10, son!
    03-31-13 07:16 PM
    Do you guys think buying off ebay is a good idea or not?

Wagwan.
    03-31-13 07:32 PM
    It's worth the effort and cost to choose a reliable card. I went with the 64GB Sandisk.
    03-31-13 07:36 PM
    I've had issues with Class 4 cards. My Z10 has randomly rebooted when accessing the SD card.

Posted from my Z10. via CB10
    03-31-13 07:43 PM
    03-31-13 08:02 PM
    Best buy has the SanDisk 64gb on sale for $44.99 .

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 08:03 PM
    memory cards sold on ebay are notorious for being fake, especially popular cards like sandisk.

stick with authorized resellers.

posted via CB10
    03-31-13 08:03 PM
    I've had issues with Class 4 cards. My Z10 has randomly rebooted when accessing the SD card.

If you've had this issue and you're already on list updated OS offered by your carrier, then you should reformat the card in your Z10.
    This will wipe it, so save the info first onto your PC or elsewhere.

03-31-13 08:05 PM
    If you've had this issue and you're already on list updated OS offered by your carrier, then you should reformat the card in your Z10.
    This will wipe it, so save the info first onto your PC or elsewhere.

I've formatted it a few times in my Z10, same issue altho the card works fine in ny other devices. I've read a few times that the Z10 requires a Class 10 SD card, Mine is a Class 4.

03-31-13 08:45 PM
    I use class 10 cards exclusively. I have had good experiences with Patriot cards and the price can't be beat.

Posted via CB10
    This....... class 10 only

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 08:55 PM
    I got an $8 32gb card from eBay. Shipped from China (free shipping)

Works great! I don't know why people always insist on the highest class. Sure its probably better. But I don't know how

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 08:57 PM
    Caught a Scan disk 32gb one on sale.. works great, it's super fast loading images

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B009QZ...bUvbUpU8236109

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 09:00 PM
    I'm just using a private label class 4 card. I've not had any issues with it so far.
    Although, could someone please explain what the difference between the classes is?

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 09:01 PM
    Not sure why people spend serious $ on devices then choose to use cheap accessories, this baffles me even in photography. Ebay is a great place for knockoffs that may say a recognizable great brand but maybe simply a knock off.
    But good quality microSD™ cards will cost you just a little more, than some poor one and less headache with reliability.
    03-31-13 09:05 PM
    What is the larges SD card you can use, The Blackberry site showed 32 on the specs. I have seen some mention 64 on this site. Does it fully work if it is a 64 card?
    03-31-13 09:14 PM

Wagwan.
    You may be better served by purchasing at reputable electronics stores such as B&H Photo or J&R Music World, Newegg, etc...Amazon if they provide the merchandise directly because they usually accept returns with little hassle. Be careful when purchasing though from Amazon as some consumers have described counterfeit Sandisk cards purchased directly from amazon --http://www.amazon.com/review/R20PRTLMLYHWWJ/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B009QZH6JS&linkCode =&nodeID=&tag=
    03-31-13 09:24 PM
    Not sure why people spend serious $ on devices then choose to use cheap accessories, this baffles me even in photography. Ebay is a great place for knockoffs that may say a recognizable great brand but maybe simply a knock off.
    But good quality microSD™ cards will cost you just a little more, than some poor one and less headache with reliability.
    Agree completely. But even when you opt for high quality accessories you may still get ripped. Check this out from Amazon re: Sandisk 64 gb Class 10 --http://www.amazon.com/review/R20PRTLMLYHWWJ/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B009QZH6JS&linkCode =&nodeID=&tag=
    03-31-13 09:32 PM
    ebay is fine for most memory cards if you pick the ones on there for a reasonable price and ignore the cheapest ones, its mainly the 64GB subsection that is full of fakes. if you do buy from ebay watch out for small disclaimers saying theyre rewritten or upgraded cards = fake fake fake fake with some more fake piled on top, its simply the seller trying to cover their *** for reselling/reprogramming a card to look like a higher amount than it is.

Also ignore cards that come in generic packaging and ones without a brand name printed on them, sandisk however do get copied a lot so ask the seller to printscreen a h2testw test to show you and run a test yourself on it too when you receive it: what this does is write 1gb files to the card up to the max capacity and reads it back to work out how much working data space you have and then you delete the files after.

OP as your card keeps corrupting im guessing you got a card thats been rewritten to read a higher capacity than it is and whenever yourre going over the real capacity it is corrupting the file as its not being stored properly on there due to having no space left

run your test on your card here: Download H2testw 1.4 Free - Check your USB for errors with this tool - Softpedia
    sheeraz_aa likes this.
    03-31-13 09:37 PM
    But good quality microSD� cards will cost you just a little more, than some poor one and less headache with reliability.
    Yeah I know it's cheap. But it works fine. Everything loads quick. My music is stored on it and my photos. I don't see why I need anything else. Why would a class 10 card be better?

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 10:32 PM
    Best buy has the SanDisk 64gb on sale for $44.99 .

Posted via CB10
    They dropped the price more...i paid 60 last week.. great deal

Posted via CB10
    03-31-13 10:34 PM
28 12