Wondering any body has similar problem. I was downloading some c99 movies and I move most of them to my pc from the SD so I can download more... however my card keep saying no storage.

After connecting to PC as an USB drive, check the Drive propetites,. It says only 4gb left (out of 32gb). However if I go into the SD drive selecting everything, check property, it only show that 3gb storage is used. Such a big gap.

I made sure I can see all the hidden files during the check. What else could it be? I have this 32gb SD card just for few days, and the only memory hog should be the movies, which I moved to PC already... so confused.
    12-05-13 01:00 AM
    Did some research... it is the hidden 'other' data which windows explorer cannot show... 22 gb of them.

One thread said it is the podcast app that save streaming contents onto the card..
    12-05-13 01:26 AM
    Here is the screenshot...
    SD card storage missing?-img_00000227.png
    12-05-13 01:28 AM
    I got this on my SD card too. I now download movies directly to my Z10 phone memory first, then transfer the movie to my SD card via file manager. This avoids the extra clutter that builds up on the SD card.

Whoosh! Z10 in action!
    zhanezeng likes this.
    12-05-13 01:34 AM
    I got this on my SD card too. I now download movies directly to my Z10 phone memory first, then transfer the movie to my SD card via file manager. This avoids the extra clutter that builds up on the SD card.

Whoosh! Z10 in action!
    I'm not sure that is a good idea. It seems to me you are going to wear out the Flash memory in the phone.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-13 02:03 AM
    Unless you plan to download thousands of movies and then transfer them to any SD card, then for the handful of movies that I have downloaded and moved in this way then the depreciation in flash memory will be minimal and shouldn't impact actual usage, unless of course you do a ridiculous amount of downloading and moving of movies. For normal amounts this should cause no problems.

Whoosh! Z10 in action!
    12-05-13 02:19 AM

Whoosh! Z10 in action!
    Exactly how I do it. But not because of the clutter issue. I found that the downloads were a LOT faster when I downloaded directly to the Z10's memory.
    12-05-13 07:30 AM
    So basically you are suggesting the ' other data ' is the fragments from large file downloading...

Kind of agree with my new observation...

I backup the SD card and formatted it yesterday. I tried some podcast like Bloomburg News since other posts suggest could be fragments from streaming contents... but no increase in the other data. So it can be ruled out in my case.
    12-05-13 07:48 PM
    Now the question is if this is going to happen nonetheless, how can we deal with this "other data " besides formatting the whole SD cards.
    12-05-13 07:51 PM
    Concur that the other data on the sd card is the corrupted pieces of attempted downloads. I'm afraid of doing the downloads to the phone itself for the same reason...filling up the memory with "other data.". I can clear it off the card by formatting it. The only way to clear it off the phone is a security wipe. Unless you guys think the phone can clear out the trash "other data" in the flash memory, but it can't on the sd card...?

Posted via CB10
    12-06-13 11:43 AM