I'm trying to send my buddy a screen shot via FB chat but the screen shots are nowhere to be found in the device? They show up in the pictures app, but not in the files to share. Any ideas?

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 11:16 PM
    Have you done a reboot yet?

Posted via CB10
    05-01-14 11:23 PM
    I had the same thing a couple days ago running Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2947 I rebooted and they were there.

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    05-01-14 11:23 PM
    Do you mean just holding the power button down to reset? Yes I have tried twice.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 12:28 AM
    Screenshots are stored in INTERNAL memory in the camera folder? So, they are on your device but don't show in some apps? Does the app allow you to go to a Folder to find stuff? Is that FB app native or android and is it the one that comes with the device? I know android apps can have trouble with sd card files but this should be in Internal Memory. I don't do FB but can you approach it from the other direction. Using whatever, find the photo and then Press the SHARING icon and share it with FB????
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    05-02-14 08:33 AM
    They used to be stored in Device camera folder, but now they are mia. It is the native FB app. Doesn't work anywhere in the app. Idk why

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 10:58 AM
    I just took a screenshot (it is in the camera folder). But I then went to email and composed a message and pressed the Paperclip (attachment), and I was able to find and attach that most recent screenshot.

How much internal space do you have left? So, it does show in the picture app? Odd

Have you tried a full restart (whatever that means)

Try a restart:

Press and HOLD both Vol Up/Down buttons. Keep holding while the screen goes fully black (ignore the screenshot), keep holding through the Black/White logo and when the Colored Logo shows up, release those buttons.

If you have the STL100-1 variant the volume button reset method doesn't work. In that case, Press and HOLD the Power On Button until you see the LOGO as above
    05-02-14 12:09 PM
    My phone's internal pictures automatically go to my work folder.

Does anyone know if there a way to change the default?

Via my device connected to the Ethernet
    05-02-14 12:34 PM
    So I tried moving the photos from device cam to my media card pictures and they still.dont show up. Idk why it would do that. I will try the volume button now.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 02:26 PM
    Can you try emailing them? Could there be a size limitation that screens them out?
    05-02-14 02:56 PM
    It seems that for some reason the Facebook app (at least the chat) doesn't read .png files and when you take a screen shot it is saved as that, I have to open the picture with photo studio (you may use another app) and save it as jpg and that's it, now it appears to share in the Facebook app.

EDIT: Confirmed, no png files neither in the Facebook photos nor in the chats for share, weird that you may share it directly from the gallery to Facebook.
    05-02-14 03:01 PM
    Using whatever (Pictures Folder or File Manager), find the photo and then Press the SHARING icon and share it with FB????
    ^^THIS^^
    05-02-14 03:02 PM
    It seems that for some reason the Facebook app (at least the chat) doesn't read .png files and when you take a screen shot it is saved as that, I have to open the picture with photo studio (you may use another app) and save it as jpg and that's it, now it appears to share in the Facebook app.

EDIT: Confirmed, no png files neither in the Facebook photos nor in the chats for share, weird that you may share it directly from the gallery to Facebook.
    This is what I've just discovered as well. JPEGs work fine, but the screen shots are png. Very strange since it used to work. Oh well, hopefully they add this to chat soon because it's obnoxious to have to convert the format via pc to chat them.

Pics work in email and all that.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 03:22 PM
    This is what I've just discovered as well. JPEGs work fine, but the screen shots are png. Very strange since it used to work. Oh well, hopefully they add this to chat soon because it's obnoxious to have to convert the format via pc to chat them.

Pics work in email and all that.

Posted via CB10
    download photo studio, there is one free version in app BB World, open the picture with it and save it as jpg.
    05-02-14 03:42 PM

Can you just change the file extension via properties?
    See this post in this thread...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/general.../#post10146899
    05-02-14 03:54 PM
    Tried changing the name and it corrects back to png. Sounds like BlackBerry needs to just add pngs to FB app.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 04:24 PM
    Tried changing the name and it corrects back to png. Sounds like BlackBerry needs to just add pngs to FB app.
    Sorry to hear that. I wish I could do more to help.
    I have the FB app installed, but I don't even use it.
    So, I couldn't even test what was posted there.
    Your solution may be the the only way.....

Good Luck!
    05-02-14 05:04 PM
    No worries, friend. I appreciate the help! We'll just have to wait and see

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 08:37 PM
    Do you mean just holding the power button down to reset? Yes I have tried twice.

Posted via CB10
    Ya that what I did and it fixed it. Damn Don!

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    05-02-14 08:43 PM