First to the OP, mad props for keeping a LD relationship, I know it's not easy. And second, his example is exactly what should have aired during the Superbowl, the current BB commercials are meaningless. Show the public what it CAN do rather than leaving them guessing what it "could" do. Most people think of BB as a 2003 device. Many people asked me the past couple yearas "BlackBerry has Navigation? Facebook?" #smh #sigh
    Yeah! For real. People are constantly amazed by my Z10. My mom, dad, brother are iPhone-ers, and they were genuinely wowed by BBM when I videoed with my wife the other day. iPhones cannot match the audio clarity of BBM.
    12-12-13 11:57 AM
    Fantastic idea! Let's hope BB gets back to you and turns your idea into a marketing reality.

Never thought of really using Screen Share until your article...
    12-12-13 12:01 PM
    I am in a long distance relationship and, until I have all my papers to move from Indiana to Manitoba, our relationship is very similar EXCEPT my girl is a diehard iPhone fanatic. We may be able to stay connected a little better if I had an iPhone too but there is no way in hell that is going to happen lol so I choose to sacrifice that little bit of disconnect just to keep my trusty BB. If that doesn't show that I am loyal than I don't know what does!

#IChooseBlackBerry10
    Hey Brother - BBM runs over WIFI... You should get your girl a Z10; tell her it is just for BBM, and then watch it creep into her life like a virulent disease. My wife loved her iPhone, she used the Z10 for a few days, then tried to use the iPhone to do something, and just handed it to me, and said sell it. Same thing happened to me. BB10 is so intuitive that when you try to go back, you're like I don't even know what to do to make this iPhone work right now. But you guys all know that.

Thanks for all the response to the thread.
    Last edited by ebrit003; 12-12-13 at 12:27 PM.
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    12-12-13 12:03 PM
    Fantastic idea! Let's hope BB gets back to you and turns your idea into a marketing reality.

Never thought of really using Screen Share until your article...
    Yeah me neither until yesterday, but it is way better than selecting a single picture to send. Look here is every picture I took today - Bam! + I can narrate! Also video sharing - unreal!
    12-12-13 12:05 PM
    Hi.

Try this one :

[email protected]

You will get a ticket and then an answer.
    Sent an email. I doubt anyone will get back to me, but hey at least I put in some effort. I love this company, and I would hate to see it die.

EDIT: Got a generic reply that redirects me to do a million other things besides email [email protected]
    12-12-13 12:10 PM
    How about we start a trend where the crackberry community brainstorms and produces some commercials / videos, that can be seen by many through YouTube? The winner of the last contest about making a video of how BBM is used sure could do one for what you propose (provided he has time and some CB Incentives)

It's all about what WE can do!

Posted via CB10
    This would be awesome. I wish I could video edit/record/produce, but my skills end at my Z10 camera - LOL
    jfguay2 likes this.
    12-12-13 12:17 PM
    I don't think another platform does it but not for certain. It's not available cross platform yet but is coming in a future update.

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    Just for the record, Nokia has a screen sharing featuring called "Nokia Beamer". Since I don't have a BB, I don't know if this screen sharing feature works on just wifi, but the beamer app works over data or wifi.

The killer feature for this is that while the BB screen sharing is probably more polished and smooth, the beamer app works regardless of platform or device. That means that if, say, I use my 1520 and send someone the link (which all they'll need is to go to the website with a click of the button) and it'll work regardless of whether it's on WP, BB, iOS, Android, PC, Mac, Linux, pretty much if you have a screen and the internet, it'll work.
    12-12-13 12:18 PM
    Just for the record, Nokia has a screen sharing featuring called "Nokia Beamer". Since I don't have a BB, I don't know if this screen sharing feature works on just wifi, but the beamer app works over data or wifi.

The killer feature for this is that while the BB screen sharing is probably more polished and smooth, the beamer app works regardless of platform or device. That means that if, say, I use my 1520 and send someone the link (which all they'll need is to go to the website with a click of the button) and it'll work regardless of whether it's on WP, BB, iOS, Android, PC, Mac, Linux, pretty much if you have a screen and the internet, it'll work.
    That's sweet! Sounds a little more complicated, but still an excellent feature.
    12-12-13 12:26 PM
    Alright one could probably say that I have arrived at this party late, but I am totally amazed by screen share, and I think BB should use this idea to get customers...you know with marketing...

Check this out:

Preface/Inspiration: My wife and I have been living apart for almost 2 years b/c of our jobs, and I just bought her a Z10 a few weeks ago (true story). I was messing around while we were video chatting last night (in crazy good sounding BBM), and flipped on the screen share. I browsed over to my photos/videos (while we were talking!!!), and she could see everything! Even the videos!. Now let me tell you why this is huge. We're just talking like regular, but instead of me just telling her about what the kids and I did today, I'm showing her pictures! She is watching a video of my daughter's b-day party she missed, and were are also talking while it is happening! HOLY VIRTUAL RELATIONSHIP! So, this is what BB should do...

1. The commercial starts with woman at the airport leaving...things are hectic...it's busy
    2. Then it fades to a dad, and the kids playing at the park, at a b-day party, maybe get the family dog involved...
    3. Now we fade to the evening, the room is dimly lighted by the glow of an incandescent lamp
    4. Man is on the couch at home, woman is in a hotel room
    5. Man says hold on lets bring up screen share
    6. Video of b-day party is playing, talking through pictures at the park, woman smiling...
    7. BB announcer says: "Keep connected with BBM Screen Share on your new BB10 device. Natural audio, fantastic video; who says going out of town on business has to be lonely."
    8. Cut - a million people go and buy a BB10 device...
    Send this to Mr. Chen if it succeed you get two new bb device every year for the rest of your life.
    anon(5869223) likes this.
    12-12-13 12:50 PM
    Totally agree!!

Keith H. via CB10 on Z10
    12-12-13 01:03 PM
    The only thing you forgot to make it perfect (and a little cheesy) is either a misty eye or if the actor can summon it a small tear..
    And not being mean, but another way to make it perfect is to use actors that are friggin HOT. OP ... not sure if you guys fit into this "category", but sometimes the audience needs to see celebrities or extremely good looking couples doing this, or it won't catch the viewer's eye. Let's face it, we all love the "eye candy". And that goes for both men and women viewers.
    12-12-13 01:09 PM
    And not being mean, but another way to make it perfect is to use actors that are friggin HOT. OP ... not sure if you guys fit into this "category", but sometimes the audience needs to see celebrities or extremely good looking couples doing this, or it won't catch the viewer's eye. Let's face it, we all love the "eye candy". And that goes for both men and women viewers.
    All we're missing now is some production capital - LOL
    12-12-13 01:27 PM
    You can send suggestions here:

[email protected]

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055
    12-12-13 01:34 PM
    You can send suggestions here:

[email protected]

Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.1055

Message sent...again...lol
    12-12-13 02:00 PM
    Alright one could probably say that I have arrived at this party late, but I am totally amazed by screen share, and I think BB should use this idea to get customers...you know with marketing...

Check this out:

Preface/Inspiration: My wife and I have been living apart for almost 2 years b/c of our jobs, and I just bought her a Z10 a few weeks ago (true story). I was messing around while we were video chatting last night (in crazy good sounding BBM), and flipped on the screen share. I browsed over to my photos/videos (while we were talking!!!), and she could see everything! Even the videos!. Now let me tell you why this is huge. We're just talking like regular, but instead of me just telling her about what the kids and I did today, I'm showing her pictures! She is watching a video of my daughter's b-day party she missed, and were are also talking while it is happening! HOLY VIRTUAL RELATIONSHIP! So, this is what BB should do...

1. The commercial starts with woman at the airport leaving...things are hectic...it's busy
    2. Then it fades to a dad, and the kids playing at the park, at a b-day party, maybe get the family dog involved...
    3. Now we fade to the evening, the room is dimly lighted by the glow of an incandescent lamp
    4. Man is on the couch at home, woman is in a hotel room
    5. Man says hold on lets bring up screen share
    6. Video of b-day party is playing, talking through pictures at the park, woman smiling...
    7. BB announcer says: "Keep connected with BBM Screen Share on your new BB10 device. Natural audio, fantastic video; who says going out of town on business has to be lonely."
    8. Cut - a million people go and buy a BB10 device...

That's a great idea for a commercial. You should contact BBRY and see if you can pitch that idea, any idea is better then what they are doing now (or lack there of).

Also, the screen sharing feature is great.
    12-12-13 02:14 PM
    "BBM is not just for work. let BBM keep your family connected." that may be more the slogan.

Went to verizion with my wife and son to get her a new phone, and the person helping here describe the BB as being only a work phone. That still to this day erk me. If that's how these cellular company employees are presenting BB then how they expect to sell.
    12-12-13 02:40 PM
    It all comes down to advertising. Apple doesn't rely on verizon to sell their phone, and neither should BlackBerry

Posted via CB10

EDIT: Well they do rely on them to sell the phone - LOL - I meant sell in the sense of marketing.
    Last edited by ebrit003; 12-12-13 at 04:55 PM.
    12-12-13 03:12 PM
    I know some commercials don't air all over the world so here is one that Verizon did showcasing the screen share... ...

Also, i doubt blackberry will take random people's ideas for fear they could get sued if it gets used.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 09:23 PM
    I know some commercials don't air all over the world so here is one that Verizon did showcasing the screen share...

Also, i doubt blackberry will take random people's ideas for fear they could get sued if it gets used.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the reply - I don't think this commercial sold the feature for personal use at all. It just adds another log on the BlackBerry is only for business fire. For example, I own a Z10, I saw this commercial on TV a while ago, and it did not inspire me to ever try the screen share feature.

I will sign a release - LOL - heck if I had the time/skill/equipment I would just make the commercial myself, and post it on YouTube. It is such a complicated world we live in these days.
    12-12-13 11:25 PM
    So this means they've got the code already written to make a fully functional Bridge for the PlayBook? And for future "dumb" tablets?

Bring it on!!

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 09:24 AM
    Does it really do video?

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 09:24 AM
    Does it really do video?

Posted via CB10
    Yes it does. I was as wowed as you are, and then kind of irritated that I hadn't tried it sooner - LOL
    12-13-13 04:04 PM
    This is great to hear, BlackBerry bring families closer!

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 04:10 PM
    Ebrit003, I can only imagine how hard it must be for you being apart from your wife. I go one night without mine and I go through withdrawal... Thank God you can find some solace through a BlackBerry!

That ad idea is quite Don Draper, minus the million people go buy a BlackBerry... he would stick to something minimalistic. Very good idea though!
    12-13-13 04:32 PM
    Ebrit003, I can only imagine how hard it must be for you being apart from your wife. I go one night without mine and I go through withdrawal... Thank God you can find some solace through a BlackBerry!

That ad idea is quite Don Draper, minus the million people go buy a BlackBerry... he would stick to something minimalistic. Very good idea though!
    Thanks Bounce! - Blackberry needs Sterling Cooper Draper Price on these BB10 devices - LOL
    12-13-13 06:27 PM
51 123