Alright one could probably say that I have arrived at this party late, but I am totally amazed by screen share, and I think BB should use this idea to get customers...you know with marketing...

Check this out:

Preface/Inspiration: My wife and I have been living apart for almost 2 years b/c of our jobs, and I just bought her a Z10 a few weeks ago (true story). I was messing around while we were video chatting last night (in crazy good sounding BBM), and flipped on the screen share. I browsed over to my photos/videos (while we were talking!!!), and she could see everything! Even the videos!. Now let me tell you why this is huge. We're just talking like regular, but instead of me just telling her about what the kids and I did today, I'm showing her pictures! She is watching a video of my daughter's b-day party she missed, and were are also talking while it is happening! HOLY VIRTUAL RELATIONSHIP! So, this is what BB should do...

1. The commercial starts with woman at the airport leaving...things are hectic...it's busy
    2. Then it fades to a dad, and the kids playing at the park, at a b-day party, maybe get the family dog involved...
    3. Now we fade to the evening, the room is dimly lighted by the glow of an incandescent lamp
    4. Man is on the couch at home, woman is in a hotel room
    5. Man says hold on lets bring up screen share
    6. Video of b-day party is playing, talking through pictures at the park, woman smiling...
    7. BB announcer says: "Keep connected with BBM Screen Share on your new BB10 device. Natural audio, fantastic video; who says going out of town on business has to be lonely."
    8. Cut - a million people go and buy a BB10 device...
    12-12-13 08:28 AM
    I used that feature when my wife was away and darn was I surprised how good it was.

Marketing needs a shake up for sure. Hopefully it'll happen in the new year.

Posted via CB10
    Reed Richards likes this.
    12-12-13 08:41 AM
    Good thinking and yes screen sharing is very good. I'm using it almost 4 times a week

BBM Channel C000FA856 | Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1055
    12-12-13 08:43 AM
    I like your story and it is an excellent idea for a commercial. I think it would attract some customers. Now you need to copy that idea and somehow get that to blackberry.

Even better maybe your family could star in it.
    12-12-13 09:01 AM
    I was going to email it to them, but turns out that is impossible - LOL - If you can find an email address on the website send it my way.
    12-12-13 09:02 AM
    Do you participate in any surveys? Maybe you could throw that idea in the last comments section.
    12-12-13 09:04 AM
    Screen share is definitely a hiding giant. I use it often with I video chat with my lady.

Everybody seems to miss the huge enhancements that BB10 can do while they complain about the small features that redundant.

Feeding my CrackBerry addiction on my Z10STL100-4/10.2.1.1055.628508 via CB10
    12-12-13 09:06 AM
    They called me a few times for a survey when I first got the Z10; is there an online survey?
    12-12-13 09:06 AM
    Hi.

Try this one :

[email protected]

You will get a ticket and then an answer.
    12-12-13 09:11 AM
    Yes there are some online. The easiest thing is for you to join blackberry beta zone. Just search it and you will find it. After you get the account they will send you surveys. Also you can actually just send the general feedback with out a survey from the contact us link in beta zone. Give it a shot.
    12-12-13 09:14 AM
    That idea would go great with their slogan "keep moving..." love it!

? AT&T Z10 STL100-3/10.2.0.1791 ?
    12-12-13 09:41 AM
    Love your commercial idea. I'm a video editor and could easily see this working.

Posted via CB10
    12-12-13 09:48 AM
    So none of the other phones does this? I really don't know.
    Will this work with BBM4ALL?
    12-12-13 09:52 AM
    I couldn't share videos in screen share, how did you do it? There pops a message that you can't play videos while on screen share session.
    12-12-13 10:20 AM
    Guys, does the screen share/ video calls are available between legacy and BB10?

I have Z10, but my wife - a 9300.
    last year we used bb voice call via wifi and it was awesome quality. I wonder, can I, let's say, make a video call to her, while she has sound only?
    12-12-13 10:25 AM
    Guys, does the screen share/ video calls are available between legacy and BB10?

I have Z10, but my wife - a 9300.
    last year we used bb voice call via wifi and it was awesome quality. I wonder, can I, let's say, make a video call to her, while she has sound only?
    No it's a BlackBerry 10 feature.

12-12-13 10:27 AM
    Alright one could probably say that I have arrived at this party late, but I am totally amazed by screen share, and I think BB should use this idea to get customers...you know with marketing...

Check this out:

Preface/Inspiration: My wife and I have been living apart for almost 2 years b/c of our jobs, and I just bought her a Z10 a few weeks ago (true story). I was messing around while we were video chatting last night (in crazy good sounding BBM), and flipped on the screen share. I browsed over to my photos/videos (while we were talking!!!), and she could see everything! Even the videos!. Now let me tell you why this is huge. We're just talking like regular, but instead of me just telling her about what the kids and I did today, I'm showing her pictures! She is watching a video of my daughter's b-day party she missed, and were are also talking while it is happening! HOLY VIRTUAL RELATIONSHIP! So, this is what BB should do...

1. The commercial starts with woman at the airport leaving...things are hectic...it's busy
    2. Then it fades to a dad, and the kids playing at the park, at a b-day party, maybe get the family dog involved...
    3. Now we fade to the evening, the room is dimly lighted by the glow of an incandescent lamp
    4. Man is on the couch at home, woman is in a hotel room
    5. Man says hold on lets bring up screen share
    6. Video of b-day party is playing, talking through pictures at the park, woman smiling...
    7. BB announcer says: "Keep connected with BBM Screen Share on your new BB10 device. Natural audio, fantastic video; who says going out of town on business has to be lonely."
    8. Cut - a million people go and buy a BB10 device...
    12-12-13 10:28 AM
    So none of the other phones does this? I really don't know.
    Will this work with BBM4ALL?
    I don't think another platform does it but not for certain. It's not available cross platform yet but is coming in a future update.

12-12-13 10:29 AM
    Its nice to hear how its going to bring you an your wife closer. Bummer being far apart for so long man
    anon(5869223) likes this.
    12-12-13 10:38 AM
    I am in a long distance relationship and, until I have all my papers to move from Indiana to Manitoba, our relationship is very similar EXCEPT my girl is a diehard iPhone fanatic. We may be able to stay connected a little better if I had an iPhone too but there is no way in hell that is going to happen lol so I choose to sacrifice that little bit of disconnect just to keep my trusty BB. If that doesn't show that I am loyal than I don't know what does!

#IChooseBlackBerry10
    12-12-13 10:49 AM
    The only thing you forgot to make it perfect (and a little cheesy) is either a misty eye or if the actor can summon it a small tear..
    12-12-13 10:52 AM
    I couldn't share videos in screen share, how did you do it? There pops a message that you can't play videos while on screen share session.
    What OS version are you running. I just tested it with my Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1055 and my wife's Z10STL100-2 /10.2.0.1803 and it worked.
    12-12-13 10:57 AM
    How about we start a trend where the crackberry community brainstorms and produces some commercials / videos, that can be seen by many through YouTube? The winner of the last contest about making a video of how BBM is used sure could do one for what you propose (provided he has time and some CB Incentives)

It's all about what WE can do!

Posted via CB10
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    12-12-13 11:04 AM
    First to the OP, mad props for keeping a LD relationship, I know it's not easy. And second, his example is exactly what should have aired during the Superbowl, the current BB commercials are meaningless. Show the public what it CAN do rather than leaving them guessing what it "could" do. Most people think of BB as a 2003 device. Many people asked me the past couple yearas "BlackBerry has Navigation? Facebook?" #smh #sigh
    12-12-13 11:05 AM
    The only thing you forgot to make it perfect (and a little cheesy) is either a misty eye or if the actor can summon it a small tear..

Gotta leave a little room for the artist's interpretation. Excellent work - LOL
    12-12-13 11:54 AM
51 123