Anyone having any issues with the z10 screen? Any black dots, lines or spots? When I bought my 9900 as they were released it developed this prob soon after I got it. Other people had this issue as well. Just want to make sure the z10 doesn't have this fault. I'm very interested in purchasing a z10 and don't want any surprises.
    03-01-13 01:29 PM
    Nope, have had mine for 3 days now and its good as gold. No screen problems ie stuck pixels, display is nice, sharp and bright.
    TheStoryUp likes this.
    03-01-13 01:35 PM
    I have marks under the screen, the touch screen doesn't seem to work very well any more, I find myself double clicking a lot, the flash player keeps freezing, and on top of that my speaker is blow now. All this happened with in 3-4 days. Besides that lol, the phone is awesome! It's great at multitasking and the hub works good, up until now the browser was flawless. Texting just keeps getting better and better. The predictive keyboard is really starting to learn my style. Camera and story maker have really paid off. Facebook app sucks! Anyway there's no excuse for the marks under the screen and the blown speaker. I'll be taking my phone in for a replacement tomorrow. Lemon
    03-09-13 02:50 AM
    No issues here either... The lines and dots you are seeing (if perfectly aligned in rows and columns --> this would be the digitizer). If this is the case then that's normal.
    03-09-13 02:57 AM
    Ys i have a stuck pixel
    03-10-13 08:26 AM
    No issues here either... The lines and dots you are seeing (if perfectly aligned in rows and columns --> this would be the digitizer). If this is the case then that's normal.
    Hi. I just happened to be sitting in the sun by the pool the other day (in Cuba) and at a certain angle noticed this "Dot" grid for the first time and it's been kind of bugging me. But now I read this I understand what it is. It's something that you have to look for to see.
    Thx.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-13 04:28 PM
    I've actually had to send my z10 out for repair because of a white dot in the bottom left area of the screen. While the dot was only visible on a lighter, or white background, it was nonetheless soo god damn annoying.
    Very, very sad. =(
    03-11-13 03:18 PM
    Hi. I just happened to be sitting in the sun by the pool the other day (in Cuba) and at a certain angle noticed this "Dot" grid for the first time and it's been kind of bugging me. But now I read this I understand what it is. It's something that you have to look for to see.
    Thx.

Posted via CB10
    How else do you expect the touch screen to function?

Posted via CB10 on the BlackBerry Z10
    jesse_h likes this.
    03-11-13 09:36 PM
    No problems with mine.

Posted via CB10 from my Zed
    03-11-13 09:44 PM
    The backlight of mine appears to be brighter at the bottom of the screen by the bezel. It doesn't bother me though.
    03-11-13 10:01 PM
    The backlight of mine appears to be brighter at the bottom of the screen by the bezel. It doesn't bother me though.
    Sounds like its just a back-light leakage. Shouldn't be much of an issue. (you can show it to your carrier and see what they say - may warrant an exchange)
    .pinkberry likes this.
    03-11-13 10:05 PM
    My one week old Z10 doesn't have scratches despite without a screen protector.

Instead there seems to be something wrong with the Hub view. There are white patches on the right side and they look like what a print-out from a black and white printer that is short of black ink looks like. Edges of the black letters look faded.

Does anyone have this problem before? I searched for Z10 screen and this seems to be the only thread discussing about the screen.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 04:08 AM
    My one week old Z10 doesn't have scratches despite without a screen protector.

Instead there seems to be something wrong with the Hub view. There are white patches on the right side and they look like what a print-out from a black and white printer that is short of black ink looks like. Edges of the black letters look faded.

Does anyone have this problem?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 04:09 AM
    Bump.

Anyone?
    03-15-13 06:06 AM
    Bump.

Anyone?
    If you're describing what I think you're describing, it just indicates that there is more text. Kind of like how some phones indicate that with "..." care to take a screen shot of it? Obviously, if it doesn't show up in the screen shot, it's a hardware defect.
    03-15-13 06:30 AM
    I cropped to give a closed up.

See what I mean as "running out of ink" kind of print?

Screen issues with z10-screen-shot.jpg
    03-15-13 06:39 AM
    If you're describing what I think you're describing, it just indicates that there is more text. Kind of like how some phones indicate that with "..." care to take a screen shot of it? Obviously, if it doesn't show up in the screen shot, it's a hardware defect.
    Oh, so it's because more text overlapped with the time!?!
    03-15-13 06:41 AM
    I cropped to give a closed up.

See what I mean as "running out of ink" kind of print?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	141432
    Yep, this is just an indication that there is more text then is possible to display due to not enough space, others use three dots... but I think this is nicer...

Posted via CB10
    03-15-13 06:43 AM
    Yep, this is just an indication that there is more text then is possible to display due to not enough space, others use three dots... but I think this is nicer...

Posted via CB10
    OK! I don't mind it at all. I was concerned something's gone wrong with my screen!!

Add: I tested landscape view. More real estate and hence I don't have the same effect. Thanks, guys!!
    03-15-13 06:44 AM
    No worries. Glad I could help
    pandapurple likes this.
    03-15-13 06:48 AM
    Return the phone for service or exchange if the dealer will exchange it. It should be under warranty. This is a fault with the screen, or in combination with the screen and the touch surface.
    03-15-13 07:13 AM
    If the phone looks okay in a normal document text or graphic page then the screen is working properly. I noticed with title screens there is a fade effect with extended lines. Most devices use three dots after the cutoff of the extended length of text.
    03-15-13 07:15 AM
    When there are lengths of print on the screen that extend out to the edge of the display, the will shows a fade affect. If the the screen looks normal inside of text or graphics messages, and the desktop panels look okay the screen is working properly.
    03-15-13 07:18 AM
    If you are having splotching, or uneven illumination of the screen, bring the phone back for service.
    03-15-13 07:19 AM
    If you shine a very bright light on any touch screen you may see a very fine grid pattern in the screen surface. These are the sensor conductors for the touch technology.
    03-15-13 07:21 AM
26 12