Hello all. I'm new to blackberry. One slight problem for me is the screen on my z10. It looks yellow in comparison to the numerous other handsets I have used. I'm sure this is an old topic but is there any type of screen hue app etc. It's really minor I know but enough to annoy me every time I look at it with its irrating yellow glow.

Posted via CB10
    09-04-13 06:22 AM
    That's very odd. I don't think there is an app that will fix that....the only thing I can suggest is wipe and reinstall os and see if that helps?
    Or got to settings display and set brightness level?
    09-05-13 08:41 AM
    Sounds like a defective screen to me if it is noticeably yellow. If there was a way to compare it with another Z10, it would help.

I know on mine, white looks perfectly white to me and against several other phones like my previous 9800, a Galaxy S2 (which does have a slight greenish-blue hue and over saturated reds and oranges) and an iPhone 3G and 4.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-13 12:30 PM
    I'm not familiar with a screen hue or coloring application. Sorry.
    However, you can download BBVE (BlackBerry Virtual Expert)
    BlackBerry World - BlackBerry Virtual Expert
    Perform some tests for your display. Even your Audio and Buttons if you wish.
    I believe you can send the result logs directly to BlackBerry.
    It can also give you a verifiable foundation if something is wrong with the device display to deal with your service provider in case of a needed exchange or warranty replacement.

HTH
    09-05-13 03:27 PM
    I'm not familiar with a screen hue or coloring application. Sorry.
    However, you can download BBVE (BlackBerry Virtual Expert)
    BlackBerry World - BlackBerry Virtual Expert
    Perform some tests for your display. Even your Audio and Buttons if you wish.
    I believe you can send the result logs directly to BlackBerry.
    It can also give you a verifiable foundation if something is wrong with the device display to deal with your service provider in case of a needed exchange or warranty replacement.

HTH
    BBVE is a great app to test your screen...try it out. It's a free app from BlackBerry World

Trusted Member
    09-05-13 06:18 PM
    Thanks for the responses. Will definitely try the suggested app for the screen

Posted via CB10
    09-06-13 04:28 AM
    I don't think wiping the device can resolve the issue. I can also notice that the display is slightly yellowish compared with other device (I notice this when I compared my screen to my brother's Lumia 920). But for me it is not too yellow, if it bothers you, maybe your screen is too yellow. I don't know any apps to calibrate the screen though.
    09-06-13 04:39 AM
    If you're comparing it to AmoLED displays especially Samsung, the Z10 is actually displaying the true colour. Samsung blue tints their screens quite heavily.

If it's not a screen problem that is.
    09-06-13 09:45 AM