WTH... I called tech support (3rd time now)
    I tried to explain the scrambled emails. They claim that it is a 3rd party issue because i don't have a rogers email and that I will have to speak to 'paid' tech support.
    Ca-mon this has been identified as an issue already, Rogers is being completely oblivious about the issue.
    I can't even use the phone as a business tool.
    I wrote a friend in Europe and my email came out in one long vertical line.... no spaces...better than Sudoku.

The useless gal at tier 1 (who incidentally hung up on me when I asked for an 'interaction #') claimed that, since I was not using : smtp.rogerswirelessdata.com as an outgoing server they could not help me...I needed to call Gmail, and eastlink to tell them my emails were scrambled.... helpful?

I will now try this outgoing server and see if I still have the scrambled emails. All of this is disheartening, BB used to OWN the business email market due to it's rock solid ability.... sadly this is no longer the case.

Any help from the masses would be greatly appreciated.
    04-24-13 01:03 PM
    My wife's Z10 was doing this as well with her eastlink email. It is related to something wrong in the format of the email when the phones sends the message. There was a post here where the poster found the error was a simple error in the code where it was missing a either a CR or LF.

I loaded the leaked 10.1 OS on her phone and it fixed the problem. Your options are to load the leaked OS or wait until the 10.1 update is released.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...00-4-a-797971/

As a side note, problems sending eastlink email on my wife's iPhone is what moved her to a BlackBerry 9810 and she was not very happy when it came back on the Z10.

In regards to changing the SMTP server to your carrier's server, you may not be able to send mail if you use wifi. For example, if you are on your eastlink wifi connection, your mail may not send through the rogers smtp mail server.
    Last edited by robsteve; 04-24-13 at 01:21 PM.
    04-24-13 01:09 PM
    I have the same issue on an outlook account. However my Gmail accounts work fine. BTW I'm on bell.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 01:21 PM
    I have the same issue on an outlook account. However my Gmail accounts work fine. BTW I'm on bell.

Posted via CB10
    Is it an outlook.com account or an account you normally use outlook on your PC to get the mail? You shouldn't have the problem with an Outlook.com account, as it doesn't use smtp servers. You account may need to be setup differently if it is an outlook.com account.
    04-24-13 01:24 PM
    Thanks Rob,
    I'm not too sure what you're talking about with regard to "CF or LF"?

I have tried to get the new hybrid OS (as risky as that is) but I can't seem to get the download past 18% or22%. I even left the download on all night...still frozen. Tonight I'll try with a different browser.
    Thanks
    04-24-13 01:29 PM
    Is it an outlook.com account or an account you normally use outlook on your PC to get the mail? You shouldn't have the problem with an Outlook.com account, as it doesn't use smtp servers. You account may need to be setup differently if it is an outlook.com account.
    Sorry to be vague. It's a business account that uses windows live/outlook. The settings provide with the correct settings for IMAP, though the problem still persists. Any solutions?

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 01:32 PM
    Sorry to be vague. It's a business account that uses windows live/outlook. The settings provide with the correct settings for IMAP, though the problem still persists. Any solutions?

Posted via CB10
    I am not an expert, but if it can support it, you should set it up as a Microsoft exchange account using EAS.
    04-24-13 01:38 PM
    Thanks Rob,
    I'm not too sure what you're talking about with regard to "CF or LF"?

I have tried to get the new hybrid OS (as risky as that is) but I can't seem to get the download past 18% or22%. I even left the download on all night...still frozen. Tonight I'll try with a different browser.
    Thanks
    Carriage return and line feed. In programming terms, they are the equivalent of an old typewriter. At then end of a line you could either go up a line by pushing the lever to the left for a line feed or while pushing the lever,slide the carriage all the way to the beginning of the page. When typing on the PC and hitting the return/enter key, it issues a LF and CR. The programmer missed putting in either the carriage return or line feed commands into his code, as he must explicitly tell the program what he wants to do.

In regards to downloading the leak, you may need to use Firefox or Chrome. You also need a PC to load it to the phone.
    04-24-13 01:44 PM
    i have had this issue on my z-10 for a while, i have talked to support from telus for hrs and we finally figured out that it was my work email , they had it set up a certain way and were not willing to allow me to use the telus smtp server cause they dont allow mirroring. so i loaded the new leaked os and i have not had the problem since, the new os works great for me, made my perfect z-10 a perfect phone.
    04-24-13 02:34 PM
    I'm going to try the leaked OS tonight through Chrome...I tried through Firefox but it just kept hanging.
    Does anyone have a drop box link for a quicker load?
    04-24-13 03:08 PM
    Just go to the thread and pick your model and download via chrome it worked perfect for me.

Posted via CB10
    boonzer likes this.
    04-24-13 03:11 PM
    I'm have Eastlink email too although I'm with Virgin Mobile Canada and I'm having the strange formatting of my emails too. Good to know that problem is cured in the 10.1 update.

My wife's Z10 was doing this as well with her eastlink email. It is related to something wrong in the format of the email when the phones sends the message. There was a post here where the poster found the error was a simple error in the code where it was missing a either a CR or LF.

I loaded the leaked 10.1 OS on her phone and it fixed the problem. Your options are to load the leaked OS or wait until the 10.1 update is released.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...00-4-a-797971/

As a side note, problems sending eastlink email on my wife's iPhone is what moved her to a BlackBerry 9810 and she was not very happy when it came back on the Z10.

In regards to changing the SMTP server to your carrier's server, you may not be able to send mail if you use wifi. For example, if you are on your eastlink wifi connection, your mail may not send through the rogers smtp mail server.
    04-24-13 03:48 PM
    Worked like a charm.... sa-weet. No more scrambled emails... stick it Rogers
    04-25-13 07:54 AM