Have any of you switched to any of these carriers or using them now with a BlackBerry device but more specifically a Z10 or Z30? I see all these ads and friends say good things about Cricket (one low fee around $50 starting at). I live in northern NJ just outside of NYC.

I'm doing fine with my Z10. I had problems with the battery life, but once I found a recharger that WORKED (NOT the official one, I had two of those and they both did not work), then after a 4th try on Amazon I found a charger that works flawlessly. Once that was covered, I really like switching the batteries and never hugging the wall. I don't mind waiting 2.5-3 minutes to have it reboot up. I can carry the small battery in my wallet on my person, I rather do that then walk around with a cable or have to sit next to an outlet somewhere, or have to buy the new charging "bucklebelts" and "jackets" (that have to be charged themselves before going out ?!) and countless number of new charging products for peoples iPhones and non Z10 phones that don't replace batteries.

I hope the next touchscreen BB device has a removable battery as well. But I would be willing to try the Z30 on one of these different carriers (Cricket, Sprint, Verizon).

Anyone use their Z10/Z30 on any of these networks? What to expect? What version of the phone would I need to get.... how is everything working for you? performance/price/service etc. Thanks
    12-26-14 05:55 PM
    I recommend staying on a GSM carrier, so that a switchback is easier and models be more compatible.
    NtotheK likes this.
    12-26-14 06:00 PM
    Oh and I just read that Cricket was bought out by AT&T earlier this year and absorbed as it's new pre paid option. They beat out AT&T's attempt at a pre paid. So it just swallowed them up.

GSM you say? okay.
    12-26-14 06:09 PM
    Oh and I just read that Cricket was bought out by AT&T earlier this year and absorbed as it's new pre paid option. They beat out AT&T's attempt at a pre paid. So it just swallowed them up.

GSM you say? okay.
    Yeah, ATT is gonna kill Cricket's CDMA network and turn it into GSM, so you'd be safe on that one.
    12-26-14 06:17 PM
    I'm on a Z10 with Verizon. The service is excellent but they're somewhat expensive compared to other carriers.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-14 07:21 PM
    First step, research what bands the carriers you are considering use in your region, and check which bands are supported by the devices you are considering. Second, once you know the bands and have a compatible device in mind, you really would have to test drive each network you are considering to check coverage and signal strength and optimization. What is "great service and coverage!" to one person might be the worst service ever to another person. A network that might be fantastic in one location, could be spotty or nonexistent in another.

That being said, AT&T and Verizon are the only carriers I care for in my area. For various reasons: Sprint was terrible. T-Mobile was terrible. MetroPCS was terrible. StraightTalk with a T-Mobile SIM was terrible (duh) SureWest was terrible. TracFone was terrible.
    srzjumper likes this.
    12-26-14 08:15 PM
    Currently on T-MOBILE. No problems. Check your area coverage.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    12-26-14 09:21 PM
    Also on TMO. If their coverage is solid in your area you get: great domestic rates. Ridiculously low overseas rates. Wifi-calling, which is awesome. Wifi-calling will work on Z10 100-3 (same model as at&t) and Q10, will not work on other BBerry series 10 phones. At least, as of now.
    FrankIAm and sam81 like this.
    12-26-14 09:48 PM
    I am going to try Cricket as it is the de facto pre paid branch of AT&T, so the quality is there and band the same, but I can get half the rate I pay now just pay up front. $80 now, I just don't use the data and service they force you to sign up for. Will report back.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 06:36 PM
    If the pre pay plan has anything to do with att just be careful , at&t's pre pay is taken car of by an outside source.
    Just do a search on the Internet and you will see what I'm talking about.

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 10:05 PM
    And in my opinion if you want good phone service meaning that you have cell service over 90% of the time no matter wear you are stick with either Verizon or at&t
    We have been with at&t over 2 years now and have been very happy.
    One of my friends is with Verizon and when we are in what I call fringe ares there's spots I don't have service and he does and vise versa

Posted via CB10
    12-27-14 10:12 PM
    I'm on a Z10 with Verizon. The service is excellent but they're somewhat expensive compared to other carriers.

Posted via CB10
    Same here and agreed. Expensive for individual plans, family plans can be more cost effective depending on services. Call quality is excellent. Had T-Mobile for many years before switching to Verizon, get signals 99% of the time.

Posted via my Z10: 10.3.1.1154 (.1052 radio)
    12-28-14 12:37 AM