My co-worker just showed me bug on his none-root Samsung G3 .... this will get you pass an password protected locked SG3 from there home screen.... so now you can access any SG3

From the locked screen
    1. click on energy call
    2. then cancel
    3. Press the home button and the power button almost at the same time, pressing the power button split second after the home button.

Bang... there your now have access to anybodies SG3! What's even more funny is seeing that Samsung advertisement about phones having to be up to Samsung Security.... What a F@#$ joke.

I'm sure the hack is out there.. .but it's just cooler to see it with your own eyes's.

Bold 9900 / Playbook user with soon to be Z10.
    03-07-13 10:20 AM
    I can't believe that these guys think that they're ready for enterprise prime time if they can't even lock down a four digit screen code.
    AbsoluteT23 likes this.
    03-07-13 10:28 AM
    Samsung Galaxy S III flaw bypasses lock screen (again)

I see what your saying but I don't understand why you created a thread about it.....your just going to start another unwanted argument and this thread will just get locked or even worse people will get banned.

Just saying.

P.S. This hack may be out there but it does not work on my GS3....and nobody is brave enough to steal my GS3 to even attempt to hack it.
    MERCDROID likes this.
    03-07-13 10:29 AM
    I can't believe that these guys think that they're ready for enterprise prime time if they can't even lock down a four digit screen code.
    Yer defeats the purpose of enterprise really...needs to be sorted asap.

Or people could go back to BB which is the better option IMO.
    lawguyman likes this.
    03-07-13 10:33 AM
    and i love their new commercials trying to take down BBRY with showing old devices.
    03-07-13 10:34 AM
    I think BB is the only phone that could pass PCI compliance with no issues.
    03-07-13 10:42 AM
    Just asked a buddy to try this and he got soooo Offensive it was way too funny, I just wanted to see if it worked lol wasn't implying anything lol
    southlander likes this.
    03-07-13 11:13 AM
    Just asked a buddy to try this and he got soooo Offensive it was way too funny, I just wanted to see if it worked lol wasn't implying anything lol
    No, but admit it ... you'd gloat if he had tried it and it worked. I know I would.
    SkaterGuy2k and andyj1967 like this.
    03-07-13 11:21 AM
    No, but admit it ... you'd gloat if he had tried it and it worked. I know I would.
    Oh heck ya I would have lol, But I think he just sat there trying for the last 10mins and i think it worked cause he didnt say HA IT DIDNT WORK ON MINE ahhaha lol Still tooo funny
    03-07-13 11:30 AM
    Ya, lol! I love their new promo security commercials. Flippin' hilarious! Not to mention, why is everyone in their "business" commercials a teenage hipster? Is this how they perceive business in the real world...?
    jayemmbee likes this.
    03-07-13 11:41 AM
    Yeah... i don't trust anyone else except BBRY to keep all my personal information. My BBRY = piece of mind!
    03-07-13 11:52 AM
    MC-A-Dot,

He created this thread so he could express his views on this very important issue.

The fact that the Samsung S3 and the iPhone5 have such glaring and unfixed security flaws, and almost no one seems to know about them, is reason enough to start another thread.

I asked my iPhone toting housekeeper if she knew her phone could quite easily be hacked by anyone. Of course she didn't. And the bald faced lies like the new Sammy commercial touting their so-called security, it's frigging unbelievable.

The fact that only BlackBerry has unbreakable security is either unknown by most or is dismissed by most as irrelevant. But it isn't irrelevant: remember the story from February of the poor girl in the U.S. whose ex-boyfriend hacked her iPhone and copied her naked self pics then posted them online and sent links to her friends and family. Why isn't Apple taking security problems like this seriously. And why isn't her story on the front page of the New York Times as a warning to all other smartphone owners?

Get a blackberry! Put a password on it and your information is as safe as it will ever be.

Posted via CB10
    lynxs_claw likes this.
    03-07-13 03:42 PM
    MC-A-Dot,

He created this thread so he could express his views on this very important issue.

The fact that the Samsung S3 and the iPhone5 have such glaring and unfixed security flaws, and almost no one seems to know about them, is reason enough to start another thread.

I asked my iPhone toting housekeeper if she knew her phone could quite easily be hacked by anyone. Of course she didn't. And the bald faced lies like the new Sammy commercial touting their so-called security, it's frigging unbelievable.

The fact that only BlackBerry has unbreakable security is either unknown by most or is dismissed by most as irrelevant. But it isn't irrelevant: remember the story from February of the poor girl in the U.S. whose ex-boyfriend hacked her iPhone and copied her naked self pics then posted them online and sent links to her friends and family. Why isn't Apple taking security problems like this seriously. And why isn't her story on the front page of the New York Times as a warning to all other smartphone owners?

Get a blackberry! Put a password on it and your information is as safe as it will ever be.

Posted via CB10
    I don't have a problem with anyone expressing their opinions, its a free world. All I'm saying is, its best to keep the conversation clean.

I know that the hack is a bad thing but I wouldn't call Samsung bald face liars , I'm guessing that they didn't even know that the hack is even there. Samsung wouldn't purposely advertise a phone promoting security if they know it can be easily hacked, that's pretty stupid and extremely bad for business. Nevertheless it needs to be sorted for the companies who have switched over to those phones from BB. This is good for BB and bad for Samsung but not everyone will be affected. like I said, the hack does not work on my GS3 so it must be a select few or maybe even more.
    03-08-13 03:01 AM
    I'm guessing that they didn't even know that the hack is even there. Samsung wouldn't purposely advertise a phone promoting security if they know it can be easily hacked, that's pretty stupid and extremely bad for business.
    Security exploits, almost most of the time, when exposed first by a third party, are only known when they are used.

That bug is ROM dependent, which is why it only works in select SGS3s. Not everyone runs the same ROM, specially not in the SGS3 where you have a lot of ROMs to choose from, with some 3rd party having more security than samsung's own ROMs.
    03-09-13 01:50 AM
    I am able to see the home screen for a split second but everytime it still locks back up..

And if this did 'work' like claimed, the last commands could be other than power (most assuming). Tried different things to no avail.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk 2
    03-09-13 03:14 AM
    I am able to see the home screen for a split second but everytime it still locks back up..

And if this did 'work' like claimed, the last commands could be other than power (most assuming). Tried different things to no avail.

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk 2
    It's ROM dependent. And from your sig, it looks as though you're running a T-Mobile or WIND Mobile SGS3 which may not be affected.

Posted using the CrackBerry App on BlackBerry 10.
    03-09-13 03:21 AM
    Posted via CB10
    Seems like every celeb or otherwise that gets their phone hacked for nudy pics is rocking an iphone. kinda sad.
    03-09-13 04:57 AM