According to my Z10 I've been listening to more than 20 hours of loud music which has made it reduce the volume to a safe amount. I tried taking a screenshot but I wasn't able to. For some reason it didn't let me. I thought this was a pretty cool feature that I didn't know about until today. I wonder if legacy devices also had this?

Posted via CB10
    05-03-13 05:02 AM
    It's a nice gimmick, but should not be relied upon. There are other factors at play too:

• some headsets are louder than others - the phone has no way of knowing how sensitive/efficient your headset is,
    • some MP3 tracks are louder than others - I very much doubt whether the system takes this into account,
    • bass and treble may have a different impact on your hearing - ditto,
    • you may be exposed to other sound throughout the day besides your phone,
    • etc.

So even with output below the "limit" your hearing may still be at risk, and output above the "limit" may not always be a problem. Use your judgement, and better safe than sorry.

I'm a sound engineer, not a doctor, but I can't stress enough how vulnerable your hearing is, and how p*ssed you'll be if you damage it. Tinnitus ("ringing" or "screaming") is a serious and usually incurable disability that can drive you mad. Many well-known musicians suffer from it, and people have even been known to take their own life because of it. As a cellphone user, you are already at risk, even without loud music. Be careful.
    05-03-13 07:31 AM
    I have tinnitus some days are better than others. It isn't bad enough to drive me to taking my life and hope it never gets that bad.
    05-03-13 07:41 AM
    It's a nice gimmick, but should not be relied upon. There are other factors at play too:

• some headsets are louder than others - the phone has no way of knowing how sensitive/efficient your headset is,
    • some MP3 tracks are louder than others - I very much doubt whether the system takes this into account,
    • bass and treble may have a different impact on your hearing - ditto,
    • you may be exposed to other sound throughout the day besides your phone,
    • etc.

So even with output below the "limit" your hearing may still be at risk, and output above the "limit" may not always be a problem. Use your judgement, and better safe than sorry.

I'm a sound engineer, not a doctor, but I can't stress enough how vulnerable your hearing is, and how p*ssed you'll be if you damage it. Tinnitus ("ringing" or "screaming") is a serious and usually incurable disability that can drive you mad. Many well-known musicians suffer from it, and people have even been known to take their own life because of it. As a cellphone user, you are already at risk, even without loud music. Be careful.
    Thanks a lot for the heads up. I've had problems with my ears when I was younger but I never thought it would be a problem more than 10 years on. I think I already might have that I can already hear ringing. Does that mean I have it? It usually happens after I've been listening to sound whether that be in a crowd of people, a stereo or earphones.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-13 05:12 PM
    Ask your doctor. This forum is no place for medical advice.
    05-06-13 10:37 AM