Can I download and Install 1mobile Market is it safe on my Z10

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 01:35 PM
    Can any one help me

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 01:39 PM
    It's safe cause apps running in sandbox....as i know....you could also sideload snap. snap is the google market app.....just searching for snap

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 01:50 PM
    Okay thankq i'll search

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 02:02 PM
    It's safe cause apps running in sandbox....as i know....you could also sideload snap. snap is the google market app.....just searching for snap

Posted via CB10
    Downloaded Snap
    but it is unable to open

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 02:09 PM
    There are steps sideload it using a computer and a browser extension, is that what you did? Just checking... you can't just download it directly to the phone

Posted via Q10
    05-23-14 02:13 PM
    You have to sideload Snap as far as I know. Just search the forums, there are a lot of threads about this.
    05-23-14 02:14 PM
    U need to side load it

ZeE 10 STL100-1 LEGEND
    Downloaded Snap
    but it is unable to open

Posted via CB10
    gotta read up on how to install it ^^

Sachesi :FTW:
    Is it safe?Running Android Apps-img_20140524_004337.png

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 02:15 PM
    Ok thnq

Posted via CB10
    Regarding the topic of the thread though, I'd also like to hear a detailed opinion regarding the safety of running android apks, especially while they have permissions to do almost everything.

Posted via Q10
    app_Developer likes this.
    05-23-14 02:17 PM
    Apps are Not smooth as should be

ZeE 10 STL100-1 LEGEND
    05-23-14 02:24 PM
    Regarding the topic of the thread though, I'd also like to hear a detailed opinion regarding the safety of running android apks, especially while they have permissions to do almost everything.

Posted via Q10
    That is a major flaw of installing Android apps - no ability to change or limit Permissions. Some folks won't run any - they don't trust them. You in fact give them permission to look at any files, do anything with those files, check or use your Contact info, your phone info and to use the Internet (could they ship off the info that they are looking at?)

Some folks have been suspicious of 1mobile. They feel Amazon and GooglePlayStore (via snap) are subject to more scrutiny.

You be the judge............
    05-23-14 03:47 PM
    That is a major flaw of installing Android apps - no ability to change or limit Permissions. Some folks won't run any - they don't trust them. You in fact give them permission to look at any files, do anything with those files, check or use your Contact info, your phone info and to use the Internet (could they ship off the info that they are looking at?)

Some folks have been suspicious of 1mobile. They feel Amazon and GooglePlayStore (via snap) are subject to more scrutiny.

Yeah I've never really trusted them myself, I tried them out of curiosity but restored after. I'm having high hopes for that android runtime 4.3 in 10.3 I understand disabling permissions will be possible.

Posted via Q10
    05-23-14 03:54 PM

Exactly why I only download big name apps from Snap. I don't trust Android apps, as the app store is not moderated, majority of the apps can be dangerous, even to a BlackBerry, so I only decided to get the usual trustworthy apps like Instagram, Tumblr, Facebook Messenger, and all those other usual stuff.

BlackBerry Z10 | 10.3.0.296
    05-23-14 04:26 PM

Posted via Q10
    You are absolutely onto something which I haven't seen discussed in a serious way here. The vulnerabilities with Android are at multiple levels. Android apps aren't automagically secure just because you put the runtime on a different kernel.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    05-23-14 04:37 PM
    You are absolutely onto something which I haven't seen discussed in a serious way here. The vulnerabilities with Android are at multiple levels. Android apps aren't automagically secure just because you put the runtime on a different kernel.

I'm not an expert, not even good knowledge so I don't understand how the conversion process happens so I don't know if some maleware can be added; especially some apps show unknown or someone's name when you come to install rather than the original company, livescore is an example.

That said even if the source is trusted to install I wouldn't necessarily want to allow all permissions. Native BlackBerry apps or iphone apps can be used without contacts, camera, photos, or microphone for example even if it is a messaging app and it just tells u nicely that it doesn't have the required permission should you attempt to use a function that requires any.

Looking at the folders created in file manager for android applications, with all your photos for example copied there in a folder for the android runtime to pick from makes me wonder.

Posted via Q10
    05-23-14 05:01 PM
    I'm not an expert, not even good knowledge so I don't understand how the conversion process happens so I don't know if some maleware can be added; especially some apps show unknown or someone's name

...folder for the android runtime to pick from makes me wonder.
    You're right. Permissions are an issue. The apps DO have access to some of your data. And app sources are not verified, especially when you see people downloading apps from third-party stores.

05-23-14 05:09 PM
    I'm not an expert, not even good knowledge so I don't understand how the conversion process happens so I don't know if some maleware can be added; especially some apps show unknown or someone's name when you come to install rather than the original company, livescore is an example.

That said even if the source is trusted to install I wouldn't necessarily want to allow all permissions. Native BlackBerry apps or iphone apps can be used without contacts, camera, photos, or microphone for example even if it is a messaging app and it just tells u nicely that it doesn't have the required permission should you attempt to use a function that requires any.

Looking at the folders created in file manager for android applications, with all your photos for example copied there in a folder for the android runtime to pick from makes me wonder.

Posted via Q10
    Thats true

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 06:31 PM