With this new update of the 10.2.1 I was really excited in downloading android apps to my blackberry. But one thing that stops me from continue on to my excitement of downloading android apps is the safety of it. Will I get a virus if I were to install one or possible to get a virus? and how would I know if the app I downloaded is safe to install? I don't want my blackberry to get ruined because of this, it is like my baby.
    01-29-14 04:53 PM
    You are unlikely to be at significant risk if you stick to the rules of safe computing. The primary consideration is to confine your downloads to "safe and reputable" sources. Something uploaded by the real developer and pulled from Google's playstore will be much safer than something ripped, repackaged and found on a third party site in a third world country. Be particularly wary about sites which host cracked free copies of payware, if there's a price for the legitimate version be prepared to pay or go without.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-29-14 05:17 PM
    Okay thanks.

From what I have been reading on the forum and blog is that amazon and snap is reliable. But is there any other reputable places to get android apps?
    01-29-14 05:25 PM
    i been using 1mobile with no problems for awhile now. i would lov to try snap but i don't know how to side load it
    01-29-14 06:20 PM
    Install android apps bro and you will get new level of happiness lol

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 08:07 PM
    i been using 1mobile with no problems for awhile now. i would lov to try snap but i don't know how to side load it
    I have had a z10 since day 1 and a PlayBook before that and had never side loaded anything.

Just yesterday I followed word for word the great article here on crackberry on how to install Snap and it was really quite easy.

Snap has made downloading android apps SO Much nicer than getting them from elsewhere. I highly recommend it (from a reformed non-sideloader)

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    01-29-14 08:14 PM
    I have had a z10 since day 1 and a PlayBook before that and had never side loaded anything.

Just yesterday I followed word for word the great article here on crackberry on how to install Snap and it was really quite easy.

Snap has made downloading android apps SO Much nicer than getting them from elsewhere. I highly recommend it (from a reformed non-sideloader)

Posted via CB10
    thanks maybe ill give it a shot tomorrow after work!
    Ramdas Devadiga likes this.
    01-29-14 08:55 PM