Really? Rideau of all places, and on a weekday to boot? The place is generally a ghost town until the afternoon. Besides the Bank street Bell store is much closer to the government workers, not to mention god knows how many other vendors are around there.

I picked mine up at Carlingwood Mall, figuring it's far enough away from the core to keep stock for a while, and everyone at the counter was getting a Z10. Not that there was a lineup mind you, but when one happy customer would leave, another would show up.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-06-13 12:07 PM
    The post title is a big misleading. 90% of people will read the title only, title is like a statement of summary about what you wanted to say.

The negative effect of your post to Blackberry would be almost the same as the news article that your quoted.
    I didn't make up the title, I just quoted the title of the article. I wanted clarification and I got it. This is a BlackBerry forum right? I know most of the people on here care and won't form an opinion based on a title. I didn't either. I felt that this was wrong information and wanted the right information, which I got!
    02-06-13 12:08 PM
    Don't judge the sales of the Z10 based on one or two articles. There might be at-least 20 articles stating that z10 has been well received with everyone praising it (And not only Blackberry users, but also iPhone and Android users).
    I'm not judging. Like I said before, I wanted to have the REAL image, so that's why I wanted fellow CrackBerry addicts to react on this!
    02-06-13 12:09 PM
    That is true. They will not say anything until 90 days or so later. I wonder if the people that write the articles actually know anything before doing this.. I swear they are just trolling because they have nothing better to do with their life's..
    Apple and google pay media to write up propaganda articles to misinform and manipulate the masses. Propaganda is the only tool they have to stop blackberry.
    BergerKing and meganVee like this.
    02-06-13 12:11 PM
    Hey guys! I stumbled upon this article that seems to have stats of how many Z10's were bought on the Canadian launch day. But I wonder if this is based on reality, or another troll?

I hope someone can clear the air!
    the phone is selling well.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-06-13 12:17 PM
    Apple and google pay media to write up propaganda articles to misinform and manipulate the masses. Propaganda is the only tool they have to stop blackberry.
    People got to have that Z10 and Q10 love in their hands and see for themselves. I touched the Z10 at BBJam Europe and I was SOOOOOOLD! I had the Dev Alpha, so I knew what to expect, but the HUB blew me away like a cockroach!
    02-06-13 12:18 PM
    I went to the Rogers store in Masonville Mall after work yesterday. I had a Z10 on pre-order and mine was the last one they had to sell. They went through 20 of them.

You can't ever trust a single article in the media. What matters is the aggregate of quality news sources. For example: The Globe and Mail reported that sales were slow and disappointing. The National Post reported that sales were strong with the highest pre-order numbers for a BB model ever. Same data, just interpreted differently.

The Globe was comparing to an iPhone launch, which isn't a fair comparison. Let's be honest, RIM did tremendous damage to the brand by failing to recognize the competitive threat and respond quickly enough. The average consumer doesn't place a high degree of value in the BlackBerry brand at the moment.

At the same time, the smartphone market has exploded. At its peak RIM sold as many BlackBerries in a year as Apple sells in a quarter now. And don't forget that Apple's brand isn't limited to phones, they have a lot of other produts to promote their brand with.

What's important is that it's one of the best BB launches ever, and significant enought that it will make a gain in market share. At this point any gain in market share at all is enough to give BlackBerry a boost. They aren't going to be #1 any time soon. First they have to solidfy a hold on third, which I think they will do with BB10. Already my company (a giant financial company in Canada) is going to be upgrading corporate servers to BB10 in Q2. That's really fast moving for us, and that bodes very well for BB.
    BergerKing and Vorkosigan like this.
    02-06-13 12:23 PM
    I
    What's important is that it's one of the best BB launches ever, and significant enought that it will make a gain in market share. At this point any gain in market share at all is enough to give BlackBerry a boost. They aren't going to be #1 any time soon. First they have to solidfy a hold on third, which I think they will do with BB10.
    Agreed! I think it will take a while before people will consider BlackBerry as a serious brand again. But people will buy it and show it to others, which will make others interested as well. It's a new start for BlackBerry and we are the pioneers! Others will follow, but it will take time! I've already did my part with the Dev Alpha B and will (hopefully) soon continue with my Limited Edition SEXYNESS Red Z10!
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-06-13 12:30 PM
    I got mine on pre-order yesterday too. They said that they had enough left at 5:30 when I went there to cover the pre-orders and that was it. Actually, my cousin's boyfriend works at a local Rogers and he said that they were sold out by 1! The devices are selling to those who really like their Blackberries.

Apple's just a marketing ploy. Their OS hasn't changed in what 5 generations of iPhone now? This is a total revamp!
    BergerKing and meganVee like this.
    02-06-13 12:34 PM
    I went to the Rogers store in Masonville Mall after work yesterday. I had a Z10 on pre-order and mine was the last one they had to sell. They went through 20 of them.
    Which is why I don't take cries of "many places are selling ouy" seriously. There is no way a carrier like AT&T would only stock 20 iPhones or Galaxy SIIIs in a corporate store here.

Obviously that can be due to production issues as well (The Nexus 4 hasn't exactly sold well, but many people would assume so due to it being out of stock so much due to low volume production). Maybe BB just isn't producing that many right now.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-06-13 12:36 PM
    What's important is that it's one of the best BB launches ever, and significant enought that it will make a gain in market share. At this point any gain in market share at all is enough to give BlackBerry a boost. They aren't going to be #1 any time soon. First they have to solidfy a hold on third, which I think they will do with BB10. Already my company (a giant financial company in Canada) is going to be upgrading corporate servers to BB10 in Q2. That's really fast moving for us, and that bodes very well for BB.
    Whether they gain in market share depends largely on whether they sell mostly to people who don't own BBs right now or not. They actually started losing subscribers before BB10 launch, so with the growth of Samsung/Apple (and other Android manufacturers + WP thrown in there) plus the negative inertia they have to combat I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up flat or even continued losing through the next quarter.

What they showed at those events wasn't enough to convince most consumers to hold off any intended purchases in anticipation for their device. However, for faithful BB users it is a massive upgrade.

Curious what they're going to do with their BB7.1 line on carriers like AT&T. Those devices are overpriced and the Bold 9900 is going to be the same price as the Z10 and probably the Q10 when it's released. BB has always lost a lot of sales because their flagship phones do not depreciate in price the way high end Android phones do (which is how they've grown their market share so efficiently). By the time the Z10 comes here you will be able to get a GS3 for 50-100 less on contract at most places. A One X is already $99 on contract, and the Lumia 920 launched at that price and can be had for $49 on contract. It's hard to sell a phone that is basically running worse hardware for significantly more just based on the perceived value of quite new software with a very new (and arguably incomplete) ecosystem backing it.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-06-13 12:41 PM
    i actually work for bell part time usually for launch days iphone 5 sgs3 and now the z10 and i know that in fort mcmurray alberta where everyone has too much money for there own good, they ate these phones up like candy, one guy in particular didnt know if he wanted white or black so he bought both outright $$ and said when he finally decides which one he wants he will give the other to his wife..lol. i got my hands on one last week when we got the shipment , i lve the phone , havent used my iphone since i picked it up, i still have a razr xt 910 running jelly bean on my other line but barely even use that now. this post should have had a different title as it is misleading when you google blackberry 10, the results show this??. it's not accurate and shouldnt be portrayed this way.
    pels_17, BergerKing and meganVee like this.
    02-06-13 12:49 PM
    I went to buy mine yesterday and all the Rogers stores had them sold out before the evening. I had to find a wireless wave who had 1 left and luckily it was mine to claim. Obvoiusly I don't live around the whole Country but there's certainly a clamouring for it
    H4zN, BergerKing and meganVee like this.
    02-06-13 12:53 PM
    The Sad Reality of BlackBerry 10: Not Even Canada Really Wants It-xyz.jpg

Even China wants in on the action ... I was looking for the Z10 on eBay and came across this for a bit under $400. Lets now hope that a newspaper article doesn't post that this is the actual device that Blackberry released. lol
    BergerKing, H4zN, meganVee and 1 others like this.
    02-06-13 01:02 PM
    I was at a mississauga mall when it first opened and there was no one there. The reason why I think there weren't many lines is that a lot of people pre ordered the phone. There was no need to go early and grab it when it's already reserved for you.
    BergerKing and H4zN like this.
    02-06-13 01:05 PM
    There are what, 2 Apple stores per city? 3 maybe?

At the bottom of my office's elevator there's a WirelessWave and a Source. Within a 5 minute walk there's a Bell store, a Rogers Store, and at least 2 other kiosks.

I went to BestBuy yesterday evening (at 8:30 pm!) and there were 4 people signing up for new Z10s.

I got one this morning from WirelessWave, and the guy said all he's been doing all day is either activating a new Z10, or calling other stores to see if they have Z10s they can send him cause he keeps running out.
    02-06-13 01:08 PM
    Hmm...this statement seems to suggest otherwise

BlackBerry Statement - Financial and Business News - MENAFN
    02-06-13 01:13 PM
    The title of this thread is misleading. It should be renamed or removed. A lot of people will only see the title and not bother to read the contwnt
    Plus, you just that article a lot if unnecessary exposure...
    meganVee likes this.
    02-06-13 01:14 PM
    Picked mine up yesterday at 10am when the Rogers store opened and there were at least ten people in front of me when I arrived. Guess what all ten were there for?....Yep, you guessed right, a shiny new z10. One guy bought 3 on the spot. Most seemed to be getting the white version. Once I got to the desk for my pre-ordered z guy at the counter told me they only had a few more til they were sold out. Lackluster sales my ***...Haters gonna hate. Big swiggin of haterade while we celebrate!
    H4zN and meganVee like this.
    02-06-13 01:17 PM
    Without anything from BlackBerry, these stories will only continue. We need a first 7, 30, 90 day breakdown to see what was sold.
    They are waiting to get actual figures, and until they do, they dont want to make any claims and end up looking silly
    H4zN likes this.
    02-06-13 01:18 PM
    The title of this thread is misleading. It should be renamed or removed. A lot of people will only see the title and not bother to read the contwnt
    Plus, you just that article a lot if unnecessary exposure...
    If the moderators want to change it, they will!
    02-06-13 01:27 PM
    I dont know about canada or uk or us or other advanced countries, but in Indonesia a 3rd world country. At least, a very least there are 100,000 people with $ 600-800 in their pocket are eagerly waiting for bb 10.
    1 indonesian may have 2-3 blackberry devices
    If you are indonesian with salary $ 500 and up / month, you must own blackberry or its a federal felony(jokes around the country)
    Its true though, if you go there and visit a restaurant every table must have a blackberry laying down.
    Amazing growth for blackberry in far away country such as indonesia
    02-06-13 01:29 PM
    Why is Indonesia so in love with the Blackberry?

Dewi Safitri
    BBC Indonesian Service

Some of Indonesia's three million Blackberry owners use their smartphones to pass the time until they can break their Islamic Ramadan fast.

As the joke in Indonesia goes, if you don't have the right gadget you may end up a social outcast.
    Undoubtedly, the gadget of the moment is the Blackberry smartphone.
    A walk through a packed food court at lunchtime in Jakarta proves the point. Most patrons are glued to their smartphones, available in a myriad of colours but covered nonetheless in decorative cases.
    Incessant message alerts reverberate around the food hall amid the clatter of cutlery.
    Internet guru Onno Purbo believes Indonesian fans see the Blackberry as the trendier, flashier gadget.
    Smartphone fever
    But it is not just professionals like Purbo who are caught up in the hype. High school students like 14-year-old Haryo Suryo Susilo are also using them to stay in touch with their friends.
    When Haryo meets us in a hotel lobby in Jogjakarta, he has been playing on his white smartphone for half an hour, ignoring the fruit platter in front of him.

A certain smartphone is also popular with members of parliament
    "I've only had it three months and I love it," he says. His visibly annoyed mother, Sari Susilo, says he spends all his time on his new device.
    Haryo's mother is a smartphone user herself and it is clear his love for his prize piece of technology runs in the family. His father even uses two smartphones to keep his supermarket business running and stay in touch with his family.
    But why smartphones, rather than mobile phones? Because they're so much cooler, says Sari.
    This kind of smartphone fever means Research In Motion, Blackberry's Canadian developers, needs hardly any advertising to lure in new customers or impress Indonesia's estimated three million existing users.
    Despite this, there are high-profile marketing campaigns, most notably featuring the president's daughter-in-law.
    New freaks

INDONESIA FACTS
    Population: 232 million
    Internet users: 30 million
    Facebook users: 37 million
    Twitter users: 5 million
    Blackberry users: 3 million
    Sources: BBC Indonesia Country Profile, Internet World Stats, Socialbakers, Penn Olson
    Marketing analysts say it is word of mouth that drives smartphone sales in Indonesia but how this all began is a mystery.
    The market leader's features are little different to those of other smartphones available, although users can message each other for free. Somehow this lifestyle product has gained cult status in Indonesia.
    "We are a nation of consumers, always on the lookout for the latest trends," says Purbo.
    Self-declared trendsetters like radio DJ Tommy Prabowo echo Purbo's views.
    "When I first got a Blackberry in 2008, very few people in Jakarta used them.
    "But now I've just got to have it - 99 per cent of people I know use one," he says.
    Over the last two years, Prabowo has changed his smartphone four times to keep up with the latest trends.
    The phenomenon is similar to the explosion of mobile phones in Indonesia less than a decade ago, making it one of the biggest mobile phone markets in the world.
    "You were not cool unless you had the latest Nokia. We're heading in the same direction now," says Prabowo.
    The DJ describes himself and his friends as 'new freaks'.
    "Some people really don't know how to use any Blackberry features apart from its messaging service. It is new and hip, and that's it."
    Online abuse

Prita Mulyasari was acquitted of defamation after social media backing
    The explosion of smartphone users seems to have coincided with a surge in social media enthusiasts.
    According to the Internet World Stats website, since 2000 internet usage in Indonesia has grown by 1500 per cent.
    Web statisticians Socialbakers estimate Indonesia has 37 million Facebook users, second only to the United States, while traffic counter comScore ranked Indonesia fourth in the world for Twitter reach.
    The importance of social networking came to Indonesia's attention in 2009, when Prita Mulyasari, an Indonesian bank worker, was jailed for defamation after complaining about hospital treatment in an e-mail to friends.
    Her supporters launched enormous Facebook and Twitter campaigns, sparking widespread national and international media coverage, and she was later acquitted of all charges.
    More recently, Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono used an address to the nation to denounce critics he claims are spreading lies and rumours about him using social media.
    The president even cited Blackberry as a platform that can "improve life" but added that those who "use online media to assassinate character or abuse anyone are irresponsible, ignoble and cowardly.'
    While US President Barack Obama may be known to be a long-time Blackberry addict, President Yudhoyono is surely the first head of state to mention its impact in an address to the nation.
    The next big thing?

Google launched its Android mobile operating system in Indonesia last year
    Internet guru Purbo believes there are many Indonesians who use communication technology for more than just updating their social status.
    "This is what needs to be nurtured and the government should have something to do with it," he says.
    For years, the Indonesian government has been negotiating with Research In Motion over regulations that require the Canadian company to build a local server.
    Purbo believes the government needs to be more pro-active in pushing Research In Motion to invest in Indonesia.
    "Why stop at one server? It's a small piece of equipment and can be put anywhere. Why not ask them to build a factory here?
    "Indonesian programmers should be getting involved and sharing some of the profit."
    All this could change if Google's Android system, which Purbo describes as "the next big thing" takes over the market.
    Android smartphones are yet to win over the Indonesian consumer.
    Purbo believes this is because they are largely manufactured in Asia, so are unappealing to Indonesians craving American or European goods.
    But with millions of Blackberry users putting pressure on mobile networks, Indonesian providers are having a hard time supplying a reliable service.
    "I ditched my Blackberry long ago and use the Android system now, " laughs Purbo.
    "It's cheap and made in China."
    DJ Prabowo is also keeping a close eye the Android system.
    "Some of my friends are using Android already. Others might soon have to catch up," he says with a knowing grin.
    Whatever the future holds for smartphone fans in Indonesia, it is clear this is one trendsetter who won't be ending up a social outcast.
    cezley likes this.
    02-06-13 01:31 PM
    Conflicts with this story...

BlackBerry Z10 Gets Record Orders in Canada - Businessweek

I had to purchase one for work and when I got to the Future Shop in Kanata, there were about 8 of us waiting to get one. When I stopped in later to pick up a second unit, they were sold out.
    H4zN likes this.
    02-06-13 01:32 PM
    Conflicts with this story...

BlackBerry Z10 Gets Record Orders in Canada - Businessweek

I had to purchase one for work and when I got to the Future Shop in Kanata, there were about 8 of us waiting to get one. When I stopped in later to pick up a second unit, they were sold out.
    The article I quoted is based on ****! The reality is different! ;D
    02-06-13 01:34 PM
151 1234 ...