The Sad Reality of Reporting is, no one really wants made up drivel designed to set a negative narrative. That's exactly what this POS story. Is ginned up to do. Thanks for quoting it to deny them hits.
    H4zN likes this.
    02-06-13 01:39 PM
    My, my, my the good old tech press always on the hunt for a lurid article. Where were we without them, supporting us with unfounded articles. This phone is out for let's say 5 work days and the tech press is at it again badmouthing Blackberry phones. I would recommend to stay calm and wait until the phones are availabe globally for a few months and not only 2 countries.
    02-06-13 01:53 PM
    The cool phone was just released yesterday for Pete's sake.
    02-06-13 01:56 PM
    Thorsten seems to disagree...

"In Canada, yesterday was the best day ever for the first day of a
    launch of a new BlackBerry smartphone. In fact, it was more than 50%
    better than any other launch day in our history in Canada," said
    Thorsten Heins, President & CEO of BlackBerry. "In the UK, we have
    seen close to three times our best performance ever for the first
    week of sales for a BlackBerry smartphone."
    02-06-13 02:02 PM
    INDONESIA FACTS
    Population: 232 million
    Internet users: 30 million
    Facebook users: 37 million
    Twitter users: 5 million
    Blackberry users: 3 million
    That seems like pretty terrible market penetration, if we were to assume even 40% of their internet users are smartphone owners. Apple sold more iPhones in their first weekend and it wasn't even a world-wide launch. I'm pretty sure they sold like twice that many in China so far, just since launching since there.
    02-06-13 02:19 PM
    wait till see z10 launch in indonesia.... it will be chaos
    02-06-13 02:19 PM
    That seems like pretty terrible market penetration, if we were to assume even 40% of their internet users are smartphone owners. Apple sold more iPhones in their first weekend and it wasn't even a world-wide launch. I'm pretty sure they sold like twice that many in China so far, just since launching since there.
    i want to know how 7million people are using Facebook with no internet

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    peter9477 likes this.
    02-06-13 02:24 PM
    Not to be negative but don't you think their comes a point where so many outlets report the same thing, that its not just them being " negative ". Maybe its reality.
    Bakamushi likes this.
    02-06-13 02:32 PM
    The article was written in 2011,nowdays more people has access to internet, mobile, wireless etc.
    Poor country with blackberry enthusiastic
    02-06-13 02:47 PM
    BB needs to launch a OS update soon. The OS is buggy and that's understandable for a V1 launch but considering the public and media have a 'Do or Die' mentality for the brand most of the glitches in the OS will not be acceptable for the general public.
    02-06-13 02:48 PM
    This article in the Globe and mail would beg to differ. In fact they are stating its the best single launch in BB history.

RIM hails
    H4zN likes this.
    02-06-13 04:03 PM
    if you dont want your blackberry i'll take it!
    02-06-13 04:37 PM
    so, it's unwanted, and thats why the stores in my area sold out?
    pcguy514 likes this.
    02-06-13 04:39 PM
    I don't know when the article was written, or what time frame it is referring to, because Ramadan has been over for months and it is not to return for some months from now. Perhaps this was referring to last year? I don't know...
    pcguy514 likes this.
    02-06-13 04:45 PM
    Must be wild to speak on behalf of all Canadians...
    02-06-13 05:05 PM
    Without anything from BlackBerry, these stories will only continue. We need a first 7, 30, 90 day breakdown to see what was sold.
    in the video of kevin gettign his BB10 at rogers, they said they were askign the question a week to early. we will get out answer in a weeks time how many they have sold so far just give it time
    02-06-13 05:14 PM
    We've sold all our preordered stock today (finally arrived), we have a black one for store sell and it's not sold, yet. We've had a lot of people asking about it, though, just none with an upgrade yet.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    02-06-13 05:23 PM
    In a sad scene that may not bode well for the comeback of the cellphone giant formerly known as Research in Motion, the new BlackBerry Z10 debut on its home turf to very unenthusiastic, even lonely reception in what should be the Canadian company's most enthusiastic market. Whether the uneven homecoming continues an early trend abroad of uneven sales for the first of two phones on the company's hail-mary BlackBerry 10 platform remains unclear until the Z10 goes on sale in the U.S. next month � analyst remain cautiously optimistic � but according to The New York Times's Ian Austen, a launch event in Ottawa last night certainly didn't look good:

Sales didn't pick up throughout the day either, and two hours later the store was desolate. Austen continues: "By 10:15 a.m., the Bell store in the mall was empty except for four clerks as was the Telus shop, a small carrier�s kiosk and several independent electronics shops. At the Apple store, there was about 20 customers and a half dozen people at the genius bar." Other reports suggest mild crowds, as well. "There weren't the typical long lineups," noted CBC in a contrast from four years ago, when the BlackBerry Storm launch drew hundreds and incited a mini-riot.

When the Bell Canada store in the Rideau Centre, an upmarket shopping mall and transit hub in the city�s downtown, opened its doors at 8:30 a.m., only seven customers entered. Five became some of the first North Americans to buy the BlackBerry Z10 phone... One of the early arrivals, who declined to discuss his shopping, appeared to purchase a Samsung smartphone while a woman left empty-handed after 10 minutes.
    Something didn't sit right in that article, so I decided to do a little investigative research. I called the store in question and asked a couple of questions. Conversation went something like this:

Me: "Hi. Do you have any Zee, er... Zed 10's available?"
    Clerk: "We have a couple black ones available. The whites are sold out."
    Me: "Have there been a lot of people in asking for them?"
    Clerk: "Yep."
    Me: "So why did a major news outlet claim you guys weren't busy."
    Clerk: "I'm not sure. We did very well."

Color me confused. :/
    dj_matty_s, H4zN and Frosty_Power like this.
    02-06-13 06:26 PM
    Something didn't sit right in that article, so I decided to do a little investigative research. I called the store in question and asked a couple of questions. Conversation went something like this:

Me: "Hi. Do you have any Zee, er... Zed 10's available?"
    Clerk: "We have a couple black ones available. The whites are sold out."
    Me: "Have there been a lot of people in asking for them?"
    Clerk: "Yep."
    Me: "So why did a major news outlet claim you guys weren't busy."
    Clerk: "I'm not sure. We did very well."

Color me confused. :/
    Called them my self & got the same answer. They told me that many customers are asking for the white one!. I asked if they had a few blacks left & they said yes. Asked if they had many customers ask about the how many people want it & they told me many want it!.

All in all the person who wrote that is a lier & only wanted 15 minutes of fain & we fell for it.
    02-06-13 06:31 PM
    I bet Apple paid for that article.
    02-06-13 06:34 PM
    LOL they must have printed this article the day before it came out. It was pretty much a mission to find one yesterday for me. The fido stores I called where all sold out. I found a futureshop in barrie that had a couple white fido z10's left so I scooped one. I wanted black but got stuck with the white...
    02-06-13 06:46 PM
    What a load of ****e...
    02-06-13 06:54 PM
    I don't understand why some one would start a thread with such a heading and then seem to appear to be in favor of the BB 10. As was stated by others many will see the heading and not take time to read the postings. If you want to use such a heading then you could end it with question marks or add some thing to express doubt. Here in the USA all we can do is follow the postings from the UK and Canada and wait and hope the US carriers will not wait till the end of March for us to have opportunity to purchase a phone.
    Charles Martin1 likes this.
    02-06-13 07:00 PM
    I'm sure someone already posted this, but Sasktel is already out of stock on-line.

I am by no means a BB fanboi. In fact the first BB product I ever bought was PlayBook for my daughters this Christmas. Yet even I smell shenanigans with this "article".
    02-06-13 07:28 PM
    Called them my self & got the same answer. They told me that many customers are asking for the white one!. I asked if they had a few blacks left & they said yes. Asked if they had many customers ask about the how many people want it & they told me many want it!.

All in all the person who wrote that is a lier & only wanted 15 minutes of fain & we fell for it.
    One thing was clear: The clerk who took the phone call seemingly had many "investigative" calls. #BlackBerryFactSquad
    pcguy514 likes this.
    02-06-13 07:29 PM
151 12345 ...