What is Sachesi? And how does it work? Is Sachesi advisable. I am unable to get latest update of 10.2.1.3247 through OTA, just wanted to confirm is it safe and advisable if I get the update through Sachesi!!!!

Cheers

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 12:14 PM
    Sachesi is a free app that allows one to search for OS updates. Once you find an appropriate OS update available for your phone, you need to download all the bar files. Then you need to install the files on your phone. By doing the update this way, you do not lose any of your existing data.

I have done many upgrades with Sachesi.

There is a guide that one of the Ambassadors wrote for this procedure....here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...achesi-904841/
    FF22 and andy957 like this.
    06-28-14 12:24 PM
    Its different from autoloaders and sachesi is a good and easy app for updates. Very easy and all data is still there

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 05:47 PM
    Little off topic... how is Sachesi pronounced?

Posted via CB10
    SaraVibes likes this.
    06-28-14 07:11 PM
    Little off topic... how is Sachesi pronounced?

Posted via CB10
    Saaah-Cheesy

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 07:16 PM
    Off topic. Why unlocked devices are not receiving the latest update yet? 10.2.1.32xx one. Will they receive it at all?

Posted via CrackBerry App on my Zed 10
    06-29-14 02:30 AM
    Off topic. Why unlocked devices are not receiving the latest update yet? 10.2.1.32xx one. Will they receive it at all?

Posted via CrackBerry App on my Zed 10
    Your device is only SIM unlocked, not carrier unlocked. If your device came directly from BlackBerry, you'd receive updates directly from BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 02:53 AM
    And if you buy a phone from a electronic shop, not from a carrier and not from bb?
    06-29-14 03:10 AM
    Your device is only SIM unlocked, not carrier unlocked. If your device came directly from BlackBerry, you'd receive updates directly from BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    I think that this statement is incorrect. I bought my phone at the release day independent from a carrier. However after every update I must wait until tmobile releases it.
    06-29-14 07:30 AM
    Even electronic stores keep their phones tied to some carrier

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-29-14 07:42 AM
    I think that this statement is incorrect. I bought my phone at the release day independent from a carrier. However after every update I must wait until tmobile releases it.
    Take the SIM card out of your device, and restart your phone. What splash screen shows up after the BlackBerry boot logo disappears?

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 08:02 AM
    And if you buy a phone from a electronic shop, not from a carrier and not from bb?
    Electronic shops sell carrier locked devices. So whoever your service provider is, or whoever you've selected for service at the closing of the sale, you'll get that carriers device

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 08:07 AM

Posted via CB10
    Wait - so this z10 started life out as a Tmobile device...it is now unlocked and running on AT&T with their sim. Does this mean I have to rely on Tmobile to push an OTA upgrade to it?

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 08:34 AM
    For factory unlocked phones, Blackberry pushes out updates. The carrier enables the release of the update via their provisioning platform.

Let me explain this better. My Z10 is factory unlocked. I am on Vodafone India.

Now, BlackBerry releases 10.3. So vodafone India receives the notification in their mobile division and begins a small test cycle and then begins the process of pushing out updates to customers - funny right? But carriers need to ensure their bandwidth is optimized and utilized well, so it's a win win for all here. Different carriers have different network operating parameters but they usually push out updates to ensure there is no load on the network and that a user's update is completed right.
    Vodafone, in my case, provisions updates in all cities on the date of the launch, but 'pipes' it out to high data usage users first, then the slow data users. The last roll out is to users in tier 3/4/5 circles / cities

Posted via BlackBerry Z10 ST1 - I mean really!
    06-29-14 09:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    well i bought my device from a store. and here in my country network locked devices or carrier locked are not available for sale. its a UNLOCKED device. so i think i should use sachesi to update my phone to latest OS.
    06-29-14 11:33 AM
    Wait - so this z10 started life out as a Tmobile device...it is now unlocked and running on AT&T with their sim. Does this mean I have to rely on Tmobile to push an OTA upgrade to it?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, you have to wait for a Tmo release. I have an AT&T device, sim unlocked and my carrier is Tmo.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 11:42 AM
    For factory unlocked phones, Blackberry pushes out updates. The carrier enables the release of the update via their provisioning platform.

Let me explain this better. My Z10 is factory unlocked. I am on Vodafone India.

Now, BlackBerry releases 10.3. So vodafone India receives the notification in their mobile division and begins a small test cycle and then begins the process of pushing out updates to customers - funny right? But carriers need to ensure their bandwidth is optimized and utilized well, so it's a win win for all here. Different carriers have different network operating parameters but they usually push out updates to ensure there is no load on the network and that a user's update is completed right.
    Vodafone, in my case, provisions updates in all cities on the date of the launch, but 'pipes' it out to high data usage users first, then the slow data users. The last roll out is to users in tier 3/4/5 circles / cities

Posted via BlackBerry Z10 ST1 - I mean really!
    Part of what you're saying is correct for carrier locked devices. For a device straight from BlackBerry, updates will go straight to the device whether if has a SIM or not. My Q10 is carrier less. Whatever OS update BlackBerry pushes, regardless of region or carrier, I will receive that update.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 11:47 AM
    well i bought my device from a store. and here in my country network locked devices or carrier locked are not available for sale. its a UNLOCKED device. so i think i should use sachesi to update my phone to latest OS.
    I don't think you're understanding the term unlocked. There are brand unlocked devices that are also SIM unlocked. There are brand locked devices that are SIM unlocked. And there are brand locked devices that are SIM locked. You can purchase a device from your local supplier, that is in fact SIM unlocked, but not brand/carrier unlocked. Whoever your store gets their products from could easily have gotten a batch of carrier lock, SIM unlocked devices.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 11:52 AM
    Yes, you have to wait for a Tmo release. I have an AT&T device, sim unlocked and my carrier is Tmo.
    Posted via CB10
    But I am in the opposite situation, tmobile device, unlocked, running on an at&T sim and network.

So AT&T should push my update at some point right?
    06-29-14 11:10 PM
    But I am in the opposite situation, tmobile device, unlocked, running on an at&T sim and network.

So AT&T should push my update at some point right?
    I'd suggest it is not something to concern yourself about. If the OS is released for other carriers, you will be able to get it via a few different methods in the forums here. Seriously, all the US carriers are incredibly slow and most people have stopped waiting for them to release stuff - rather, folks (like me and other verizon users) grab the OS from other carriers after making sure that they seem kosher and working properly.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    06-30-14 01:08 AM