As most of you who use a Z10 or Q10 know, the Rotate lock button was placed in a very bad place (I use airplane mode a lot). Unfortunately many times I am only aware that my video was shot portrait only after the fact. is there an easy way to rotate a video? There doesn't seem to be this option in the video edit feature.
    10-02-17 09:58 AM
    As most of you who use a Z10 or Q10 know, the Rotate lock button was placed in a very bad place (I use airplane mode a lot). Unfortunately many times I am only aware that my video was shot portrait only after the fact. is there an easy way to rotate a video? There doesn't seem to be this option in the video edit feature.
    Two issues. Is the video in Landscape format/mode but shows rotated on its side? Or is the video in Portrait mode (tall and narrow)?

If it is tall and narrow that it can only be rotated by cropping portions of the video to create a landscape format. If it is merely standing on its side than it can be fixed but I doubt it can be fixed on the phone unless there's an app. There might be an "orientation flag" that can be tweaked. Photos do have an orientation flag and can be edited. Not sure about videos.

What I've done when my video shows the wrong way, is edit it on my computer using a program (I use Magix to create dvd's of my hiking trips). It has a rotate feature. On more than one occasion my videos of waterfalls for some reason lie on their sides and have to be rotated to make the water "flow downhill!"
    10-02-17 10:56 AM
    Its the latter, 'merely standing on its side'. It is disappointing there are not easier solutions after all this must happen all the time and you only find out about your setting when you transfer to a computer. Kind of getting tired of tilting my head to watch many of my videos.
    10-02-17 02:00 PM