05-09-13 08:41 AM
758 ... 2627282930 ...
tools
    I can confirm, 2 of my 3 Z10 owning friends here in the UK have the update - they're both Vodafone contract customers who bought factory unlocked BB's.
    The 3rd is on EE who bought his from EE on contract - no update for him. Or me, on GiffGaff.

My friend's on Vodafone have STL100-2 Z10's.

Posted via CB10
    Use your friend's Vodafone sim card in your phone and you should receive the update.
    03-01-13 11:33 PM
    how come everyone is talking about an update OS 10.0.10.85 where as when i checked for the update i didnt have any updates available till 4 days ago and now today i got an update but the update shows the new software release as 10.0.9.348 and the OS as 10.0.9.2372
    am i doing sumtin wrong
    03-02-13 04:18 AM
    how come everyone is talking about an update OS 10.0.10.85 where as when i checked for the update i didnt have any updates available till 4 days ago and now today i got an update but the update shows the new software release as 10.0.9.348 and the OS as 10.0.9.2372
    am i doing sumtin wrong
    Are u using the model stl100-2 same here and I am also getting the update no. 348.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    03-02-13 08:09 AM
    that is because Bell isn't releasing it till March 7th I was just told. what a bunch of crap. we need these updates ota'd like playbooks..ota from BlackBerry and not carriers!
    03-02-13 08:18 AM
    Question for those that have upgraded to this, right after i updated i noticed that in my Hub i no longer have a Notifications section (the one where sideloaded whatsapp messages, blackberry world updates, etc., went). Basically i no longer see that section. I still see all the other ones, bbm, text Messages, gmail, facebook, etc. Anyone else have this problem? or did I somehow disable that from showing up in the hub.
    03-02-13 08:46 AM
    Question for those that have upgraded to this, right after i updated i noticed that in my Hub i no longer have a Notifications section (the one where sideloaded whatsapp messages, blackberry world updates, etc., went). Basically i no longer see that section. I still see all the other ones, bbm, text Messages, gmail, facebook, etc. Anyone else have this problem? or did I somehow disable that from showing up in the hub.
    Same on mine after the upgrade... seems to have gone from the list and it's not there to be "enabled". Interesting.
    03-02-13 09:07 AM
    Mine is still there. What carrier are you on? I'm on Rogers...not sure if that makes a difference.

I saw that some people appeared to be missing their text messages after update - but first I've heard about the notifications being gone.
    03-02-13 09:10 AM
    Notification tab is there for me and works fine

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 09:13 AM
    Very strange? I wonder if it will come back when you get a notification of that sort? Just looked in settings and do not see anything that would get rid of those.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 09:14 AM
    I'm really not liking this update... it's messed up backing up my Z10 and I can't restore, so I'm SOL and I'm not in town until Sunday and even then, I'm on limited time so this sucks
    Any luck with getting your texts back?

I like to keep mine too - i frequently have to reference them - I saw someone else suggest dropping them into the Remember app - which seems like a great idea. I'll have to do that from now on for the ones i know i'll need. You used to be able to save conversations on OS6 - but honestly I've been having so much fun with this phone I haven't explored everything it can and can't do!

Hope tech support can help you out!
    03-02-13 09:18 AM
    So here is something I just noticed since the update. When you use voice recognition, the problem with no capital after a period has been fixed. Nice.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 09:36 AM
    Can anyone help me out? I'm installing an 11MB "BlackBerry 10 applications " update for the 5th time. It doesn't seem to stay installed? After the first two or three times I had been rebooting my device, but since then I haven't and I've still found this as a software update when I do a manual check.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 09:46 AM
    that is because Bell isn't releasing it till March 7th I was just told. what a bunch of crap. we need these updates ota'd like playbooks..ota from BlackBerry and not carriers!
    Hopefully this means that the bell upgrade will also include Mobile TV. I can wait 5 days if it means getting Mobile TV.
    03-02-13 09:57 AM
    Very strange? I wonder if it will come back when you get a notification of that sort? Just looked in settings and do not see anything that would get rid of those.
    I had a few updates for BBWorld and it did not show up again. I am on rogers as well.
    03-02-13 10:36 AM
    Not sure of this has been mentioned but twitter notifications are improved; you now get the hub notification as well as in the twitter app itself.
    03-02-13 10:37 AM
    Bell mobile TV when I ask them they said in mid April. I just hope they get this update out.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 11:05 AM
    Does this update have the option to save message longer 30days?

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 11:10 AM
    Does this update have the option to save message longer 30days?

Posted via CB10
    No, not for me on Rogers at least

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 11:24 AM
    people are claiming they now have visual voice mail for rogers now.. i cant seem to find the app where is it?
    03-02-13 11:29 AM
    i started the update and now my phone won't turn on it has a image of phone connect to pc when it comes on please help
    03-02-13 11:31 AM
    people are claiming they now have visual voice mail for rogers now.. i cant seem to find the app where is it?
    Ya I've heard that claim too but I don't have it. I think they didn't notice before and maybe the just see the voice mail in the hub with the name and date of who left the vm and think that's it. I'm not sure, I'd love to have a real vvm for Rogers and bonus if it's in the hub

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 11:33 AM
    Can anyone help me out? I'm installing an 11MB "BlackBerry 10 applications " update for the 5th time. It doesn't seem to stay installed? After the first two or three times I had been rebooting my device, but since then I haven't and I've still found this as a software update when I do a manual check.

Posted via CB10
    Are you deleting your carrier bloatware each time you complete an update? If so that's why you keep getting that update. Has been mentioned in several posts in this thread.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 12:32 PM
    The only difference I see with voice mail is that the voice mail icon in phone app is highlighted in blue. It's blue whether I have a new voice mail or not. I'm with Rogers.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 12:43 PM
    i just used my Bluetooth handset and disconnected my Bluetooth. and my notifications went silent. looks like this is still an issue to be fixed
    03-02-13 01:52 PM
    As someone else mentioned, if you are deleting the carrier-pushed "bloatware", then the carrier will keep trying to re-install them after every time you delete them.

If you're not doing that, I would check with Rogers and ask them for suggestions.
    03-02-13 02:36 PM
758 ... 2627282930 ...