Since update:
    I was driving with BlackBerry Maps today and noticed it re-routes now when you go off set course.

Posted via CB10
    I'm pretty sure this happened in the previous version as well...

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 07:00 PM
    Yes, but BB10 map took a bit longer to re-route while back on OS7.1, it will try to get new route almost instantly.

I'm pretty sure this happened in the previous version as well...

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 07:05 PM
    there is any info about middle East software !!! because i have a big problem with my contacts ( caller ID ) and if there is any info about Whatsapp!!!!
    Depends on which device you have. If you have the non-LTE device I haven't seen any updates for those yet.

Re: WhatsApp, it's rumored to be arriving this month. If you can't wait, some people have reported success sideloading one of the converted Android versions.
    03-03-13 07:18 PM
    I have to say good job on not feeding the trolls. Also just dropping by to absorb as much Z10 as I can while waiting in the US. Jealous.
    03-03-13 10:16 PM
    I have to say good job on not feeding the trolls. Also just dropping by to absorb as much Z10 as I can while waiting in the US. Jealous.
    Trust me friend, the wait for the z10 would be worth it. It is one amazing piece of technology.

Regarding WhatsApp, the Android port is working ok. For most of the part, I get the notifications even when the app is not open. Sometimes not so.

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    03-04-13 04:50 AM
    Hey i m from india , its been jus 4 days with my z10 and its completely dead now . I saw a post on crakberry today on how to update ur new os which was supposedly meant to increase the battery life of the phone , so accordingly i went to "us.blackberry" site, plugged my phone to pc and checked for the updates , an update was available and when i clicked to proceed ... My phone went totally blank with continous green led light ,after the completion it was mentioned there please unplug your phone ,but after unpluging it my phone screen went completely blank only the red led was flashing continously, i even removed the battery and plugged it again but it was still the red led whats flashing and phone was completely blank( as if switched off) .... Its been more than 10 hours now and phone is still flashing red led ...one thing is for sure the battery life has inproved drastically as phone is not stopping its red light flashing thing ... I hope they dosnt mean this by mentioning improved battery life .
    03-04-13 09:02 AM
    Since the update i feel all the bugs i found have been fixed.

However, since the update my phone is always burning up. It's gets unbearably hot with no usage. Rebooting or battery pulls does not help. Before the update i could go solid 5 hours with heavy heavy usage, now 2 with no usage. what gives??

Faulty device or something with the software? I can't have my phone plugged in all day. I actually am on the go always...

Posted Via CB10 Z10
    03-04-13 12:05 PM
    Thanks for the summary!! But to reference the new feature "Additional calendar options, ie birthdays feature". What specifics is in regards to "Birthday feature"? Can someone explain this "additional calendar (birthday) feature"? I tried going through the post from 1 - 25 and I didn't catch any details.

I would like to know if this update add birthday reminders like in the old BB OS, because currently, I can't get the birthday reminder to show up in the calendar (and I don't mean facebook birthday reminders).

Okay folks! I'm just grouping up all the things that have been said so far (page 1 to page 25). By no means did I test all of these yet, but the folks in the community did :P

OFFICIAL Changelog from BBRY:
    BlackBerry 10 software updated to 10.0.10.85: Top 5 Improvements �Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog

What's new from these updates that CB users have noticed:

• HD video streaming has been optimized
    • Encryption has been added to the phone.
    • Option to receive calls while Bedside mode is active.
    • Google Calendar has been fixed. 2-way Sync + Multiple Calendar support)
    • The gestures are much more snappier than previously when flowing between pages.
    • Bootup is quicker.
    • Text message app jumps to text messages and not just the HUB
    • Voicemail notification has been fixed.
    • Settings screen is very quick to appear when clicked.
    • Rotation is a lot quicker and screen seems sharper.
    • Editing circle is optimized.
    • Delay after hitting SEND for SMS has been fixed. (Finally! Thank god...I'm a spammer)
    • BBM bubbles are smaller and text is smaller on hub.
    • Camera optimization
    • Screen brighter (?)
    • Keyboard is smoother
    • Word substitution with option to turn on and off works now.

Updated list:

• Battery improvements
    • Visual Voicemail available.
    • Calendar time-picker crash fix
    • Contact emoticon fix
    • Sent items timestamp bugfix
    • Disable volume buttons when screen is locked
    • Additional calendar options, ie birthdays feature
    • Option to send diagnostics info to Blackberry (Activated by default)
    • Blank picture bugfix
    • Calendar startup responsiveness improvement
    • Chinese input method optimization // Handwriting recognition for Chinese input (Maybe for other languages too?)
    • GPS seems to lock position more quickly and more accurately.
    • "HD Audio" rectangular icon has been changed to simply "HD" with more like a text bubble.

Those with the (?) are the ones I am unsure of... as it has only been mentioned once..!

Possible issues with the update:

Losing BBM, or/and Contacts, or/and SMS.
    SD Card no longer detected.
    Missing icons (Contacts)
    Text messages no longer in the HUB

Possible fixes to the issues provided by some:

Text msg no longer in the HUB: Reboot device // 5-Swipe Reboot HUB // Wait.. (?) Lol

Hope this helps... :P
    Last edited by azndoodle; 03-04-13 at 01:47 PM. Reason: updated the quote
    03-04-13 01:43 PM
    Thanks for the summary!! But to reference the new feature "Additional calendar options, ie birthdays feature". What specifics is in regards to "Birthday feature"? Can someone explain this "additional calendar (birthday) feature"? I tried going through the post from 1 - 25 and I didn't catch any details.

I would like to know if this update add birthday reminders like in the old BB OS, because currently, I can't get the birthday reminder to show up in the calendar (and I don't mean facebook birthday reminders).
    Right at the top of the thread near the page navigation links, "Search thread". Enter "birthday". Find several posts, including the first one (chronologically) to reference this term:

Rogers Z10 update 10.0.10.85 (post #8050051)

Improvements in the calendar, does not force close when you were adding a calender item & customizing the times, also now under manage calendars it has option to show contacts birthdays!
    03-04-13 02:20 PM
    I have confirmed, there is no 2 step verification set up, and weird thing is, it was working for the first few hours. Then I started getting password errors and now I can get it configured.

Very strange.

Suggestions?
    03-04-13 02:26 PM
    I've got the UK update via Vodafone, my BBM isn't notifying me and the browser isn't loading pages.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CJH_; 03-05-13 at 05:18 AM.
    03-04-13 02:57 PM
    I have confirmed, there is no 2 step verification set up, and weird thing is, it was working for the first few hours. Then I started getting password errors and now I can get it configured.

Very strange.

Suggestions?
    What are you talking about?
    03-04-13 03:00 PM
    How do you activate notifications for phone calls only in Bedside Mode?

Posted via CB10
    03-04-13 03:04 PM
    Since the update i feel all the bugs i found have been fixed.

However, since the update my phone is always burning up. It's gets unbearably hot with no usage. Rebooting or battery pulls does not help. Before the update i could go solid 5 hours with heavy heavy usage, now 2 with no usage. what gives??

Faulty device or something with the software? I can't have my phone plugged in all day. I actually am on the go always...

Posted Via CB10 Z10
    I may have found my culprit!

Since realizing 6gb data is not enough for my bad habits i have had my wifi on all the time. When I'm home it seems to be fine but when driving and going place this is when I notice the heating/burning sensation feature. Since turning off wifi my battery has only dropped 5% in 2 hours while streaming music on blue tooth..

No more heating. If I'm right about this i can see why my phone kept heating up and dying. Searching for wifi constantly. Driving by and auto connecting to every Damn Tim hortons b/c there is one at every Damn corner when driving. Sheesh...i think I happy again.

Posted Via CB10 Z10
    03-04-13 03:04 PM
    I am updating my Z10 os now, Im in Malaysia tried web update and blackberry link both didnt offer update, last resort plug in my rogers card and update 10.0.10.85 was found. yes!!!
    03-05-13 08:43 AM
    I have had the problem where I can't view pictures. It may open for a quick second but then I get a blank/corrupt image.

Has anyone who's had this problem had it fixed with the update?

Posted via CB10
    03-05-13 08:51 AM
    Looks Like it added a Foursquare icon
    Ya I got a second 13mb update from Rogers, mine was likely larger as I had already deleted much of the bloatware on the stock OS.

JR
    03-05-13 03:15 PM
    Just read at work that Bell's update will come march 7th! .. sorry I'll add a picture tomorrow morning when I go back
    03-05-13 04:51 PM
    Right at the top of the thread near the page navigation links, "Search thread". Enter "birthday". Find several posts, including the first one (chronologically) to reference this term:

Rogers Z10 update 10.0.10.85 (post #8050051)
    I don't see that option as quoted to show Contacts' birthdays in Manage Calendars. Would love to see a screenshot of this on someone else's Z10.

Posted via CB10
    03-06-13 04:50 AM
    Added another item to the list

What's new from these updates that CB users have noticed:

HD video streaming has been optimized
    Encryption has been added to the phone.
    Option to receive calls while Bedside mode is active.
    Google Calendar has been fixed. 2-way Sync + Multiple Calendar support)
    The gestures are much more snappier than previously when flowing between pages.
    Bootup is quicker.
    Text message app jumps to text messages and not just the HUB
    Voicemail notification has been fixed.
    Settings screen is very quick to appear when clicked.
    Rotation is a lot quicker and screen seems sharper.
    Editing circle is optimized.
    Delay after hitting SEND for SMS has been fixed. (Finally! Thank god...I'm a spammer)
    BBM bubbles are smaller and text is smaller on hub.
    Camera optimization
    Screen brighter (?)
    Keyboard is smoother
    Word substitution with option to turn on and off works now.

Updated list:

Battery improvements
    Visual Voicemail available.
    Calendar time-picker crash fix
    Contact emoticon fix
    Sent items timestamp bugfix
    Disable volume buttons when screen is locked
    Additional calendar options, ie birthdays feature
    Option to send diagnostics info to Blackberry (Activated by default)
    Blank picture bugfix
    Calendar startup responsiveness improvement
    Chinese input method optimization // Handwriting recognition for Chinese input (Maybe for other languages too?)
    GPS seems to lock position more quickly and more accurately.
    "HD Audio" rectangular icon has been changed to simply "HD" with more like a text bubble.
    When using maps your screen can be asleep and still get turn by turn directions
    03-06-13 06:34 AM
    I don't see that option as quoted to show Contacts' birthdays in Manage Calendars. Would love to see a screenshot of this on someone else's Z10.

Posted via CB10
    Same here. I don't see that option and I have the latest update. Please provide a screen shot please and thanks for the update.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-13 10:27 AM
    I have had the problem where I can't view pictures. It may open for a quick second but then I get a blank/corrupt image.

Has anyone who's had this problem had it fixed with the update?
    Have definitely seen that reported. May want to do an "advanced" forum search and see if you can find some recent references. I'm burned out on searching for old posts for today.
    ezapper2 likes this.
    03-08-13 10:53 AM
    Has anyone had any issues with having to keep downloading and installing this update? I check for system updates, see the 10.0.10.85 there available, i dl it and install it. I get a message that it's complete, yet in a day or 2, if i go back, it's there to be downloaded again. Not sure why it's not being retained on my phone after installing it.After the upgrade, 3 apps that I have delete always seem to return. Very frustrating!

Do i have a Lemon ?
    03-13-13 09:05 PM
    Has anyone had any issues with having to keep downloading and installing this update? I check for system updates, see the 10.0.10.85 there available, i dl it and install it. I get a message that it's complete, yet in a day or 2, if i go back, it's there to be downloaded again. Not sure why it's not being retained on my phone after installing it.After the upgrade, 3 apps that I have delete always seem to return. Very frustrating!

Do i have a Lemon ?
    The reason why it keeps telling you to do an update is because you keep deleting those apps.

Those 3 apps come with that software update and when u delete them and check for updates the device sees that it's not there and will reinstall them. These apps are usually supplied with the carrier updates.

Just leave them on the phone or put them in a folder. Unfortunately they won't go away till the carrier decides to get rid of them.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-13 09:15 PM

Do i have a Lemon ?
    Yes, you have a lemon. Stop deleting apps that are pre installed and viola, problem disappeared.

Make a folder and out the apps you don't want to see in there.
    03-13-13 09:23 PM
758 ... 28293031