how come everyone is talking about an update OS 10.0.10.85 where as when i checked for the update i didnt have any updates available till 4 days ago and now today i got an update but the update shows the new software release as 10.0.9.348 and the OS as 10.0.9.2372
    am i doing sumtin wrong
    It depends on your carrier. You're in Pakistan, I haven't heard of this update from anyone in that country yet. Also, unless you bought the device from somewhere outside of the country, the device sold in Pakistan is different than the ones currently receiving this update (it does not have LTE support and has a different CPU) so the updates for those devices are probably going to be released separately.

I would suggest asking your carrier, pointing out the updates now being rolled-out in North America and Europe, and see what they have to say.
    lawguyman likes this.
    03-02-13 03:00 PM
    I've been wondering that too as I can no longer find where it gives the choices for how long to sync - unless you could only select it when you added a new account. Someone mentioned its in advanced options - but if I go into my email account I don't have advanced options showing.
    I just have straight Gmail imap accounts - no active sync.
    Can't get Z10 here yet but the options should be there somewhere in the account details.

I believe the IMAP option is "Initial retrieval amount" and the max is 30 days. Default "sync horizon" settings are designed to make it less burdensome on email servers. If the whole world wanted to retrieve the last 10 years of emails and attachments on all their mobile devices, it would be not only a huge burden on email servers (and on your cellular bill) but likely to bog handheld devices down bigtime from that point forward.

(Though I suppose if it really is only "initial" retrieval amount, perhaps it does not show after account creation time. Easily enough checked by trying to setup a new IMAP account and see what it shows you there. If there is a "setup manually" option, I would use that to test.)
    Last edited by Omnitech; 03-03-13 at 07:14 PM. Reason: typo
    03-02-13 03:43 PM
    Does this update have the option to save message longer 30days?
    Whose email system are you using and how are you connecting?
    03-02-13 03:45 PM
    Can't get Z10 here yet but the options should be there somewhere in the account details.

I believe the IMAP option is "Initial retrieval amount" and the max is 30 days. Default "sync horizon" settings are designed to make it less burdonsome on email servers. If the whole world wanted to retrieve the last 10 years of emails and attachments on all their mobile devices, it would be not only a huge burden on email servers (and on your cellular bill) but likely to bog handheld devices down bigtime from that point forward.

(Though I suppose if it really is only "initial" retrieval amount, perhaps it does not show after account creation time. Easily enough checked by trying to setup a new IMAP account and see what it shows you there. If there is a "setup manually" option, I would use that to test.)
    Yes. When I loaded my bosses account for the weekend it asked me how far I wanted to sync. Doesn't show any options after the account is live.

I remember on my curve having the option to keep texts, emails, etc for up to 180 days. I had for some reason thought I had seen the option on BB10 but only up to 30 days. I must have been confusing it with the initial sync.

Makes me wonder though how long the sync period is? I haven't had the phone for 30 days yet so I guess I will wait and see.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 03:57 PM
    I've got STL100-1
    03-02-13 06:59 PM
    When I check for updates now it's saying something about error so I hope that means something positive lol

Posted via CB10
    03-02-13 10:04 PM
    I just bought a Rogers micro sim off eBay. This addiction is really getting ridiculous
    03-02-13 10:50 PM
    I've got STL100-1
    I don't believe this update has been released for that device yet, as among other things it has a different processor than the LTE-capable devices.

I assume it will probably come sometime this month, though.

Yes. When I loaded my bosses account for the weekend it asked me how far I wanted to sync. Doesn't show any options after the account is live.

I remember on my curve having the option to keep texts, emails, etc for up to 180 days. I had for some reason thought I had seen the option on BB10 but only up to 30 days. I must have been confusing it with the initial sync.
    Accounts syncing via Exchange ActiveSync I believe have the "Messages Sync Timeframe" setting, which goes up to 30 days.

When the stupid US carriers get around to selling BB10 devices, I'll be able to test all of this.
    03-02-13 10:58 PM
    I too have ordered a vodafone UK sim but delivery will take 15 days min how to wait

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    03-02-13 11:10 PM
    Hi everyone, just got off the phone with Bell and tech support mentioned release is planned for March 7!

F.
    03-02-13 11:26 PM
    Since update:
    I was driving with BlackBerry Maps today and noticed it re-routes now when you go off set course.

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan and Vorkosigan like this.
    03-03-13 12:34 AM
    I am technically on Bell, but also have a koodo sim. Popped the koodo sim and got the update on Friday.

No changes noted since updating. Battery life equally bad. Phone died on Friday at 6pm with mod use as always...

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 01:01 AM
    I am technically on Bell, but also have a koodo sim. Popped the koodo sim and got the update on Friday.

No changes noted since updating. Battery life equally bad. Phone died on Friday at 6pm with mod use as always...

Posted via CB10
    There is NO way your phone updated then. Impossible not to notice any change.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 01:41 AM
    There is NO way your phone updated then. Impossible not to notice any change.
    I'm not sure how to respond to that. It did update and I haven't noticed a change yet. I'm hoping that I do...

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 09:10 AM
    I'm not sure how to respond to that. It did update and I haven't noticed a change yet. I'm hoping that I do...

Posted via CB10
    What OS version does it say now? I wonder if the update you got was just carrier stuff?
    03-03-13 10:07 AM
    there is any info about middle East software !!! because i have a big problem with my contacts ( caller ID ) and if there is any info about Whatsapp!!!!
    03-03-13 10:21 AM
    What OS version does it say now? I wonder if the update you got was just carrier stuff?
    I'm on 10.0.10.85

While I haven't noticed general battery improvements, I have noticed less erratic battery drain. No more random 15% drain in an hour of no use.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 12:03 PM
    I'm on 10.0.10.85

While I haven't noticed general battery improvements, I have noticed less erratic battery drain. No more random 15% drain in an hour of no use.

Posted via CB10
    I noticed some battery improvement at first, but I thought I already had pretty good battery life. Then last night I decided to deliberately drain to 10% then charge it.
    Took it off the charger at 8am and have been using it on and off - played a game, browser, etc. Still at 75%. Normally on a weekend I would be down to about 45% by now due to how much more browsing and playing I do with it compared to through the week.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 12:21 PM
    Not sure if this is already posted but clicking the text message icon will now take you directly into text messages in the hub (and not what you were last doing in the hub). Love it

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 12:22 PM
    Not sure if this is already posted but clicking the text message icon will now take you directly into text messages in the hub (and not what you were last doing in the hub). Love it

Posted via CB10
    i had that since I bought the Z10 on Feb 5th!
    03-03-13 01:38 PM
    i had that since I bought the Z10 on Feb 5th!
    Yeah. Me too, but oddly it seems that's not the way it was working for everybody.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-13 02:39 PM
    the copy and paste selector gets bigger when you drag them
    03-03-13 04:32 PM
    Anyone missing the notifications pane in the hub?

When ever I get a notification I get alerted but then when I go into the hub can't see any alerts.

Please let me know if anyone else is experiencing this.
    03-03-13 05:06 PM
    Anyone missing the notifications pane in the hub?

When ever I get a notification I get alerted but then when I go into the hub can't see any alerts.

Please let me know if anyone else is experiencing this.
    A couple of us seem to be. I'm in the same boat. Reboot, battery pull, restarting the Hub do not bring it back. Not sure what to do. Very odd. Has anyone called into Rogers on this?
    03-03-13 06:31 PM
    Damn that's brutal, good to know that I'm not the only one having this issue gives more of a possibility for a fix to happen...

I have no clue how to get it back, keep us posted if anyone figures something out...
    03-03-13 06:50 PM
758 ... 2728293031