Thanks QuIcKsIlV3r, I see what you are saying but does the OS actually need 4Square or Youtube??
    no, (well kinda... lol) it's because that is what was loaded with the phone, so it is there because BB put it there, and not sure why you can't delete them. Read the PlayBook forums from about 1.5yrs ago, even the initial release, this was an issue. It doesn't bother me, I just made a folder after OS 2.1 came out and put the apps that i didn't want in that folder and just leave it be.
    03-01-13 10:18 AM
    I love how the camera is WAY better in low light!!!!!!

YES! WELL DONE BLACKBERRY! : D
    Any NEW pics with the updates OS???
    I REALLY hated the low light picture taking of the Z10.
    Last edited by duckJAI; 03-01-13 at 11:53 AM.
    03-01-13 11:22 AM
    The updated OS also added handwriting recognition for Chinese input. (I think someone else mentioned this in another forum.) I am especially impressed with the accuracy of recognition. The new input method will recognize both simplified and traditional characters, including handwriting in "scripts." It also recognizes English alphabets and punctuation.

Very impressed with BB on this one.
    03-01-13 11:31 AM
    no, (well kinda... lol) it's because that is what was loaded with the phone, so it is there because BB put it there, and not sure why you can't delete them. Read the PlayBook forums from about 1.5yrs ago, even the initial release, this was an issue. It doesn't bother me, I just made a folder after OS 2.1 came out and put the apps that i didn't want in that folder and just leave it be.
    Thanks, guess that is my only option then, I just hate having all the crap on there that i don't want
    03-01-13 11:34 AM
    Why is BBRY dont show the Changelog to the Public??
    Why is user dont read thread??
    03-01-13 11:45 AM
    There are apps on the PlayBook (that is NOT carrier based) that when you install them, you will get an "update" notice and it will install back, NOTHING TO DO WITH CARRIERS.
    But it is the SAME business issue. Some company (whether they are the carrier or national film board of Canada) paid RIM to put their app pre-installed on the device --- and RIM made sure that you can't delete the national film board of Canada app.
    03-01-13 11:55 AM
    Didn't read through all the posts but my calendar no longer crashes when I try to put a new event in!! So happy. Also, I don't know how many of you type in Chinesd on your phone but that has changed. In the old OS, the possible characters based on the pinyin put in would show up above the top row of letters for you to swipe up but now it shows up like the android predictive text where the characters that show up can be chosen by tapping. I love that!

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 11:59 AM
    Is there any place I can look to get to the point where I can successfully back up my brand new Z10?

Haven't even got 1 yet.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 12:01 PM
    I need this update NOW!
    03-01-13 12:02 PM
    I have a Bell Z10 I unlocked. No update was available. I popped in a TELUS SIM and it sees the update. I'm gonna try to update and keep you posted
    03-01-13 12:19 PM
    Yes, I was able to confirm this with screenshots of the chinese input from this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ml#post8051749

The updated OS also added handwriting recognition for Chinese input. (I think someone else mentioned this in another forum.) I am especially impressed with the accuracy of recognition. The new input method will recognize both simplified and traditional characters, including handwriting in "scripts." It also recognizes English alphabets and punctuation.

Very impressed with BB on this one.
    03-01-13 12:24 PM
    It's a bit annoying that these are carrier based; they should be pushed out to all z10 devices by BlackBerry
    03-01-13 12:56 PM
    I ordered a Rogers SIM on eBay today, so I can update mine on AT&T. Sure we may get this OS in a few weeks, but AT&T will surely strip out Mobile Hotspot, plus any future updates will be delayed significantly behind everyone else...
    habs_fan likes this.
    03-01-13 01:05 PM
    I have a Bell Z10 unlocked. So I popped in a Telus SIm and it took the update. I put my Bell SIM back in and it works.
    03-01-13 01:10 PM
    Also, I don't know how many of you type in Chinesd on your phone but that has changed. In the old OS, the possible characters based on the pinyin put in would show up above the top row of letters for you to swipe up but now it shows up like the android predictive text where the characters that show up can be chosen by tapping. I love that!
    You're at least the 3rd person I've noticed here on CB that has been pleasantly surprised at the improvement in the handling of Chinese language in the latest release. I think it's a fabulous move on Blackberry's part and reflects well on Blackberry.
    03-01-13 01:14 PM
    Not sure if anyone has noticed this but I am too lazy to read through 30 pages of replied but I just saw that you can now mute your microphone in calls before the call connects. VERY important for me.

However my two least favorite bugs, being unable to swipe back cards after sharing a photo and the text message input field bugging out when you start your next message immediately after pressing send, are not fixed.

Oh and the inability to edit text as the cursor is impossible to move around.

Can't wait for 10.1!

Posted via CB10
    You dont have to read the whole 30 pages. Go to page 17, you'll see a summary of all the things that have been updated.
    One of the bugs you have mentioned, for the sms spammers like myself, where we type the next msg before the first msg is sent, has been fixed.
    Another one is the text editing. Users have reported that its much easier to manipulate now.
    03-01-13 01:16 PM
    I was really hoping this update would fix the Link - Backup issue but it's still there unfortunately. Anybody else have any luck fully backing up their device and not just the settings and media?
    03-01-13 01:20 PM
    I was really hoping this update would fix the Link - Backup issue but it's still there unfortunately. Anybody else have any luck fully backing up their device and not just the settings and media?
    I'm pretty sure mine back ups fine. I dunno though. I go to link and click back up, and do a full back up and it does its thing. No problems

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 01:23 PM
    I'm really not liking this update... it's messed up backing up my Z10 and I can't restore, so I'm SOL and I'm not in town until Sunday and even then, I'm on limited time so this sucks
    03-01-13 01:37 PM
    im in the usa with a rogers sim card from last summer.
    Will pop rogers sim card in now, and update my phone.
    Then put back my t-mobile sim card.
    03-01-13 01:39 PM
    Mine backs up fine too - no issues but then again, I never did have any backup issues other than it took about 8 minutes to do a full backup
    03-01-13 01:40 PM
    How long does the update take?
    03-01-13 01:43 PM
    Okay folks! I'm just grouping up all the things that have been said so far (page 1 to page 25). By no means did I test all of these yet, but the folks in the community did :P

OFFICIAL Changelog from BBRY:
    BlackBerry 10 software updated to 10.0.10.85: Top 5 Improvements �Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog

What's new from these updates that CB users have noticed:

• HD video streaming has been optimized
    • Encryption has been added to the phone.
    • Option to receive calls while Bedside mode is active.
    • Google Calendar has been fixed. 2-way Sync + Multiple Calendar support)
    • The gestures are much more snappier than previously when flowing between pages.
    • Bootup is quicker.
    • Text message app jumps to text messages and not just the HUB
    • Voicemail notification has been fixed.
    • Settings screen is very quick to appear when clicked.
    • Rotation is a lot quicker and screen seems sharper.
    • Editing circle is optimized.
    • Delay after hitting SEND for SMS has been fixed. (Finally! Thank god...I'm a spammer)
    • BBM bubbles are smaller and text is smaller on hub.
    • Camera optimization
    • Screen brighter (?)
    • Keyboard is smoother
    • Word substitution with option to turn on and off works now.

Updated list:

• Battery improvements
    • Visual Voicemail available.
    • Calendar time-picker crash fix
    • Contact emoticon fix
    • Sent items timestamp bugfix
    • Disable volume buttons when screen is locked
    • Additional calendar options, ie birthdays feature
    • Option to send diagnostics info to Blackberry (Activated by default)
    • Blank picture bugfix
    • Calendar startup responsiveness improvement
    • Chinese input method optimization // Handwriting recognition for Chinese input (Maybe for other languages too?)
    • GPS seems to lock position more quickly and more accurately.
    • "HD Audio" rectangular icon has been changed to simply "HD" with more like a text bubble.

Those with the (?) are the ones I am unsure of... as it has only been mentioned once..!

Possible issues with the update:

Losing BBM, or/and Contacts, or/and SMS.
    SD Card no longer detected.
    Missing icons (Contacts)
    Text messages no longer in the HUB

Possible fixes to the issues provided by some:

Text msg no longer in the HUB: Reboot device // 5-Swipe Reboot HUB // Wait.. (?) Lol

Hope this helps... :P
    For the folks that don't read all the pages, xD Here it is. (Page 17) It is up to date so far. As for the issues with backing up, I've never had issues with the back up... =S...
    azndoodle likes this.
    03-01-13 01:43 PM
    All of a sudden, my gmail account started having issues. I have two gmail accounts, one standard gmail account and one work gmail account. Last night after I did the upgrade, I removed all my accounts and re-created them. Both were working fine.

This afternoon it started saying my password was invalid on my work gmail account (it has a different .com address). I tried a few things, I eventually went and removed all accounts again, and now I can't even add it back. Just says the password is wrong.

If I go back to activesync, it works fine, but unfortunately I don't get both calendars and I can't accept meetings.

Suggestions?
    03-01-13 01:56 PM
    backup not working here...
    03-01-13 01:56 PM
758 ... 2324252627 ...