Anyone on Fido who upgraded confirm if mobile hot spot is working? Previously it was working without issues. Now when I try to turn on it times out. I've tried reboots and it still gives me the same result. Currently I am on unlimited data for 6 months. So I'm just trying to take advantage of it while I can. Thanks.
    Posted via CB10
    It's working for me. I'm on Fido.
    I tested it by connecting the Playbook to it, via Wifi. First time the Playbook couldn't get an IP, even though the phone showed it had one. But it connected the 2nd time. In my case, I think that was likely a Playbook issue.
    03-01-13 08:23 AM
    Interesting statement they included in the software update blog: BlackBerry 10 software updated to 10.0.10.85: Top 5 Improvements �Inside BlackBerry - The Official BlackBerry Blog

"3rd Party App Performance
    We’ve improved performance for 3rd party applications, so developers can build apps that run fast and smooth for you. With this update, you might want to keep an eye out for some fresh new app launches in March, like WhatsApp."

So we are getting new apps in March, most likely before the US launch!
    03-01-13 08:24 AM
    Still didn't fix two key issues for me.
    1: outlook sync, i don't believe i should have to use Google calendar and make about 5 steps to sync my calendar Phone/laptop
    2: making groups in the contacts, twice a day, i email to 25 clients and text to 35 clients, same message, and on my torch i was able to create a group and send both emails and texts to the groups
    Snowman888 likes this.
    03-01-13 08:31 AM
    1: outlook sync, i don't believe i should have to use Google calendar and make about 5 steps to sync my calendar Phone/laptop
    2: making groups in the contacts, twice a day, i email to 25 clients and text to 35 clients, same message, and on my torch i was able to create a group and send both emails and texts to the groups
    Both good points.
    I wish I could make groups as well as I need to send emails to 9 of my team on a regular basis.
    Seems like it should be an easy fix but what do I know?
    03-01-13 08:57 AM
    This will only be fixed in an upcoming BlackBerry Link software update. An OS update won't address this.
    03-01-13 08:59 AM
    I upgraded overnight and didn't have any issues at all. Download was complete, pressed restart. No further upgrades showing in notifications. Texts are all there, sd card works fine. I'm using an unlocked Telus phone on Rogers and upgraded on wifi while plugged in.
    03-01-13 09:01 AM
    Ok I posted this before but the reponse was vague, when I delete an app it is gone, If i go into settings and rerun the manual update it says there is an update again. I run the udate and install and all it seems to do is restore the apps I just deleted, I think this is stupid, why would it restore something I deleted. I deleted them for a reason so why force me to do it again.
    03-01-13 09:18 AM
    Ok I posted this before but the reponse was vague, when I delete an app it is gone, If i go into settings and rerun the manual update it says there is an update again. I run the udate and install and all it seems to do is restore the apps I just deleted, I think this is stupid, why would it restore something I deleted. I deleted them for a reason so why force me to do it again.
    unfortunately that is how BB does the OS updates. It has been like that since the beginning of the PlayBook. You are deleting something that the OS needs so it will reinstall it. Doesn't matter what you think, that's what it needs. Not the answer you want I know, but that's how it is with the QNX os.
    03-01-13 09:24 AM
    So does anyone know if it wipes the phone? I'm on the road as well and can't backup
    03-01-13 09:27 AM
    Not sure if anyone has noticed this but I am too lazy to read through 30 pages of replied but I just saw that you can now mute your microphone in calls before the call connects. VERY important for me.

However my two least favorite bugs, being unable to swipe back cards after sharing a photo and the text message input field bugging out when you start your next message immediately after pressing send, are not fixed.

Oh and the inability to edit text as the cursor is impossible to move around.

Can't wait for 10.1!

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 09:29 AM
    sorry for asking something that may sound stupid.
    I bought my blackberry in Uk and I am now back to italy, where I live and where Z10 is not available yet.
    is there any way to force the update downloading the file in some way?
    thank you for your feedback
    03-01-13 09:32 AM
    sorry for asking something that may sound stupid.
    I bought my blackberry in Uk and I am now back to italy, where I live and where Z10 is not available yet.
    is there any way to force the update downloading the file in some way?
    thank you for your feedback
    Your phone needs to be unlocked and have a SIM card for the carrier that has released the update. In this case, you need a Rogers SIM card in an unlocked Z10 to get the update that was released yesterday.
    03-01-13 09:35 AM
    Not sure if anyone has noticed this but I am too lazy to read through 30 pages of replied but I just saw that you can now mute your microphone in calls before the call connects. VERY important for me.

However my two least favorite bugs, being unable to swipe back cards after sharing a photo and the text message input field bugging out when you start your next message immediately after pressing send, are not fixed.

Oh and the inability to edit text as the cursor is impossible to move around.

Can't wait for 10.1!

Posted via CB10
    Nope, can't mute the call until after it is connected. Not sure why that is important though. A split second after the call is connected, put the mute on, not very hard at all.
    habs_fan likes this.
    03-01-13 09:36 AM
    thank you!
    I have got the unlocked phone, can you anyone borrow me a sim card for a few days!?!?

ok, kidding!
    thank you for the info!
    03-01-13 09:40 AM
    Okay so I did a quick scan of the forum and didn't see this mentioned so far.
    I'm not sure if this is new to this build or I just hadn't noticed before. When in BBM and in a conversation, new comments from other conversations will drop down in little notifications from the top. More or less how they used to pop up at the bottom of the screen on OS 7.1

Now I usually use the hub to view all my messages (its weird not going to BBM all the time) but today used BBM instead. Could someone clarify for me if this is a new feature added or if this was in the original OS that came with the launch?

Thanks
    If I understand correctly, you're talking about the little conversation popup when you're in a different conversation? That was there before, neat feature.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 09:41 AM
    unfortunately that is how BB does the OS updates. It has been like that since the beginning of the PlayBook. You are deleting something that the OS needs so it will reinstall it. Doesn't matter what you think, that's what it needs. Not the answer you want I know, but that's how it is with the QNX os.
    It's not an issue with QNX, it's an issue with the carriers.

Carriers put apps on there that they want to be on the devices for their own business/marketing reasons, and if you try to remove them either they aren't able to be removed, or they get reinstalled as soon as you do any sort of OS update.

Has always worked that way for me with legacy Blackberry OS's too. Most people just create a folder like "unused" or "junk" and just move the carrier's crapware in there and forget about it.
    03-01-13 09:41 AM
    Unfortunately I'm with Bell and Bell being Bell won't have the update until maybe.....August!! They move really fast with updates!!
    habs_fan likes this.
    03-01-13 09:42 AM
    So does anyone know if it wipes the phone? I'm on the road as well and can't backup
    I'm told that the over-the-air updates typically do not wipe the phone, but based on various accounts here about things that were lost in some cases, I would still recommend doing a backup beforehand if the data on the device is critical to you.

What is unclear to me at the moment is how useful those backups might end up being. Because my impression is that unlike the traditional Desktop Manager utility, there may not be a way to do a partial restore anyway. (Z10 is not yet available here and I can't find any separately-downloadable Blackberry Link documentation other than simplistic video tutorials, so I am going off of 2nd-hand information.)
    03-01-13 09:45 AM
    it didn't for me, after the OS update everything was still is. Plus in my books, the old OS you had to reformat everything.
    03-01-13 09:46 AM
    It's not an issue with QNX, it's an issue with the carriers.

Carriers put apps on there that they want to be on the devices for their own business/marketing reasons, and if you try to remove them either they aren't able to be removed, or they get reinstalled as soon as you do any sort of OS update.

Has always worked that way for me with legacy Blackberry OS's too. Most people just create a folder like "unused" or "junk" and just move the carrier's crapware in there and forget about it.
    There are apps on the PlayBook (that is NOT carrier based) that when you install them, you will get an "update" notice and it will install back, NOTHING TO DO WITH CARRIERS.

And Omni, whats up man? Haven't seen you on twitter in ages!!
    03-01-13 09:49 AM
    There are apps on the PlayBook (that is NOT carrier based) that when you install them, you will get an "update" notice and it will install back, NOTHING TO DO WITH CARRIERS.
    I'm not saying that it can "only" be a carrier thing, but the usual reason for a carrier-locked handheld device to have those apps shoved down the customer's throat is the carrier's proprietary interest and control. Like the logos and other branding on the devices.

And Omni, whats up man? Haven't seen you on twitter in ages!!
    Never used Twitter in my life, despite the fact that their headquarters is a few miles from here. Sorry to disappoint.
    03-01-13 09:54 AM
    That is the best news!!!!

Ppl report yes

Posted via CB10
    03-01-13 10:03 AM
    I'm not saying that it can "only" be a carrier thing, but the usual reason for a carrier-locked handheld device to have those apps shoved down the customer's throat is the carrier's proprietary interest and control. Like the logos and other branding on the devices.

Never used Twitter in my life, despite the fact that their headquarters is a few miles from here. Sorry to disappoint.
    oh ok sorry, there was a guy I used to talk to on twitter in regards to tech a few years ago.

As far as the apps deleting goes, say on the Playbook if I deleted the twitter "app" (really a link to mobile twitter) I would then get an update notification and download and install a 2-5mb "patch" and it would reinstall the link for twitter. That is the nature of the beast of QNX/BB10 OS. Certain things it says needs to be there.
    03-01-13 10:10 AM
    Thanks QuIcKsIlV3r, I see what you are saying but does the OS actually need 4Square or Youtube??
    03-01-13 10:10 AM
    Thanks QuIcKsIlV3r, I see what you are saying but does the OS actually need 4Square or Youtube??
    It's not a question of the OS "needing" those things to function, it's more a matter of the vendor desiring to have a specific predictable environment on the device to meet their design and marketing objectives.
    03-01-13 10:18 AM
758 ... 2223242526 ...